Quantcast
Official NHL 2006 Trade Deadline Thread - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: Official NHL 2006 Trade Deadline Thread

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I can hear it now.... god forbid we loose in the first or second round all I'll hear from you guys is "I told you so.. we needed more scoring"

blah blah blah.

I dont understand what some of you are even arguing about.

I agree we could use more scoring... but its not the end of the world we didnt get Samsonov or Jokinen. We've been fine up to now, we'll deal with it.

And to the people saying the Flames are riding Kipper... ya, so what. He's the best goalie in the leaque, why wouldnt we ride him.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by lastprodigy

Kipper better than Theodore? Yeah I guess now....but they are in the same boat...a couple of awesome seasons....time will tell how they compare.
    You guess.... ha.... seriously your kidding right.

Theodore isnt even on the same playing feild. Not even close. I dont care what Theodore has done in the past but he straight up sucks in this new NHL.

My Ride
    impreza

Originally posted by 88CRX
    I can hear it now.... god forbid we loose in the first or second round all I'll hear from you guys is "I told you so.. we needed more scoring"
    Only people who would say that are band wagon jumpers who expect a trip to the cup finals every year.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

and one last note.... said by Sutter himself:

"I've said all along that there is something to be said about the people we have," said Sutter."At the end of the day what it came down to for us was what we were going to have to give up for what we were looking at, we liked what we had better."

Sutter said he never enquired about Sergei Samsonov and generally steered clear of unrestricted free agents who seemed to be commanding a fair bit in this year's round of trading. "It's not always what you add, but what you have to give up."

Originally posted by 88CRX

You guess.... ha.... seriously your kidding right.

Theodore isnt even on the same playing feild. Not even close. I dont care what Theodore has done in the past but he straight up sucks in this new NHL.
    he sucks because people dont have a career year every seen....im surprised you think everyone on your team is god-like......

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

Unfortunately with Theodore this is not a matter of not having a career year. When your goals against average goes from 2.39 (average over previous five seasons) to 3.46 this season. Your year is referred to as a disaster. It is common knowledge around the league that NHL goalie scouts do not believe Theodore has managed to adjust to the new NHL. He is a small guy, and with the new equipment he looks it in net. Ever since Theodore won the MVP he's looked fairly shakey in net. Alot of people blame it on his personal life (his family is always up to quasi-legal ventures). But it could have just been a case of getting hot early in his career and never quite regaining his form. Jim Carrey anybody? I, like alot of people was weary that Miika might J.S. Giguere/Arthrus Irbe on us and lose his form after the play off run. I think his play this year has proven he has quite possibly improved since 2003-2004. Not everyone on the Flames is god-like and I don't hear anyone in this thread saying that. We're talking basic statistics here. The Avalanche could be courting disaster here, I could eat my words, and it might turn out great. But at this moment in time I just can't see it doing that.

But at least he has all that hair...

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

^ You're not gonna become a sports writer by writing 500+ word posts on here....that being said I didnt bother reading it

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

I have no intention of becoming a sports writer. I just try and put my points across with as little room for question as possible so I don't have to write a million follow up post later.

Besides, I don't like it when individuals make uninformed comments.

Maybe, if you don't want to look foolish, you should consider reading it before you try and argue a ludicrous point again.

Good ridance.

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by mac_82

The faith is not blind, and I believe it is well justified. Look at the deals Sutter has made since taking over in Calgary. I mean, sit down and take a good look. He brought in players no one had ever really took a second look at, Kipper, Niemenen, Nilson, Huselius, and now Lundmark, Leclerc, etc. Look at the results ofs those deals. The faith people have in Sutter is well earned if you ask me.

And A_3 I couldn't agree with you more.
    You take on a big mantle there by speaking for all fans who trust Sutter. I think that it is perfectly logical to assume that there are die-hards out there that worship every move or non-move that Sutter makes. All I'm saying is, use your head and analyze what the man is doing. Yes he has made amazing deals, but that doesn't mean that every deal he makes from now on is 100% gold for sure. I just want people to stop and actually think about what they are saying before posting "OMG SUTTER IS TEH BEST DON'T QUESTION HIM".

Posters like A_3 are more of what we need - not random people shouting out things that don't contribute.

Remember, admiration is the farthest thing from understanding.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

he sucks because people dont have a career year every seen....im surprised you think everyone on your team is god-like......
    He doenst have to have a career year to be decent.... he's not even decent. HE SUCKS!

His stats are on par with some minor leaque chump goalie. Christ Lalime has better stats lol

W 17
    L 15
    GAA 3.46
    SV% .881
    SO none

I dont understand why your arguing anything and everything... your a Canucks fans right? Cause if you are that pretty much sums it up.

I completely agree with what was said about Theodore (as I also stated in my initial post back on page 2 or something). I think Colorado may have traded away their playoff spot now that Svatos is out for the year too.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by HyperZell
    You take on a big mantle there by speaking for all fans who trust Sutter.
    I hate when people look at trades Sutter has made and automaticly say "in Sutter we trust"

I dunno. As smart as the guy is... he seems to have gotten somewhat lucky. And like you said he is human. His luck of plucking players out of shit season and turing there careers around cant happen forever.

I dunno... I'm tired of this shit lol.....

FLAMES IN 06'

Yes, I am arguing only because I am a Canucks fan Thats why Im talking about Theodore.......infact its you Calgary fans that have the were the best at everythign attitude....

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Yes, I am arguing only because I am a Canucks fan Thats why Im talking about Theodore.......infact its you Calgary fans that have the were the best at everythign attitude....
    Whatever... you should be trying to convince us all that Mika Norenen is going to rise up and be the second coming of Mika Kipprusoff and that the Nuckle heads are gonna win the cup. Come on man! Stand up for your team.

Your posts lack any thought... and you argue like a 10 year old.

My Ride
    '97 Eclipse GSX

k u guys are right....

http://oilfans.com/salary.php

most of our team are UFA's.....

shit, o well, we will sign them

shitty night for Roloson 2. o well he made some good saves

1st game what do u expect

great you win.....im sorry for not writiing essays on every post

My Ride
    2000 323i

Wow, I was glad I was at the game, away from this bash-fest here. Yes, I'm disappointed in the lack of a playmaker/scorer that we may have needed. But am I saying Sutter fucked up? Not really....I mean people were demanding exhorbitant things....and really, all you "trade leopold" guys....shh. sure he doesn't score, but watch him play some defense (yes I've said this before, I am aware that I am ing my own self) and you'll see someone you don't want to lose. Seriously, for the kinda guy we "needed" (Jokinen, et al) most teams drool over our defense, and sutter isn't giving away Hamrlik, Regehr, Phaneuf. Nobody wants Hulse or Marchment, and all you have left is Warrener, Leopold, Ference. Warrener EVEN IF Sutter wanted to trade him...injured, slim chance. And I'm sure out of those 3, most teams would be looking at Leopold. He's not as expendable as you all think. And it wouldn't be just him...we'd be talking Leopold, Probably a Lombardi or a Kobasew, and a high draft pick. That is too high a price. We'd either take a Cale Hulse caliber defender (which isnt' that bad, but ain't no Leopold) in the deal, or have to play Cale Hulse, all the time, when everyone's healthy. So your top 4 defenders (Phaneuf, Hamrlik, Regehr, Leopold) are no more, and you only have 3. That would compromise a defensive pairing a lot (although Phaneuf is amazing enough to deal well enough paired with Marchment, but paired with Hamrlik it just gets insane). And losing a fast skater on a team like ours (Kobasew, Lombardi) is NEVER good. We made 2 small moves. Lost a 4th round pick, acquired a 4th round pick. Lost a gritty strong forward (we still have Simon, LeClerc, and McCarty) and got someone who is described as "Lombardi, with slightly less speed, but a better play finisher". Anyhow, and stop bickering. It's ridiculous.
    Mike

A little off topic, but anyone know what the deal's going to be with the Canucks? Once Jovo, Salo and maybe even Cloutier come back, what are they doing about their cap situation, not to mention their logjam in the back end/in the crease? Come playoff time they'll have Jovo, Salo, Ohlund, Allen, Baumgartner, Weinrich, Carney, Brown, Bieksa, and Brookbank. I don't know how many dmen the intend on dressing in the playoffs, or if they intend on keeping 3 goalies (not likely) if Cloutier comes back. So I assume the only way to keep all these players is to send some players down to the minors, in which they have to clear waivers (unless some of these guys have 2 way contracts). Aren't they taking a huge risk that someone else will take one of their dmen? Or am I forgetting something here?

They can keep 8-9 d-men with the team in the playoffs.....Calgary used 9d-men in their run. Also, Cloutier is highly unlikely, even if he does come back it will be playoff time and he will be rusty and wont play....I dont think he will be back this season.

for the time being their regular season roster will be (once everyone is back_ Ohlund, Jovo, Salo, Allen, Weinrich, Carney with brown and bieksa as healthy scratches.....Brookbank sucks and wil be going back...so will Butenschon due to circumstances
    Last edited by lastprodigy; 03-10-2006 at 01:54 AM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11