Quantcast
M Roadster - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: M Roadster

My Ride
    2007 Impreza Wagon

Default M Roadster

Saw a nice red M Roadster (M coupe version of the Z3) today driving downtown! It looks pretty good actually. I've never seen one in person before. Very nice car.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 03:15 AM.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

Teg, Does the plate say EDUK8ED or something along those lines? If so, i see it all the time, At work always...
    Not sure on the specs tho, their not so bad IMO...
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

Looks like a big shoe.

Albeit a nice shoe.

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Someone at the end of my street drives a red MZ. What are the specs on them, I've never really heard of them before.
    There is no such car as the "MZ". There's the M-Coupe, and the Z3 Coupe. The M-Coupe is basically a Z3 Coupe with the M3 engine.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by Glowrider

There is no such car as the "MZ". There's the M-Coupe, and the Z3 Coupe. The M-Coupe is basically a Z3 Coupe with the M3 engine.
    And, as well, the M-Roadster and the Z3 Roadster. I actually never even heard of the Z3 coupe until this thread! When did they start coming out?

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Yeah, I hadn't heard of them either untill I saw one a couple months ago in Miami. My guess is that they didn't sell to well, that's why you don't see a lot of them on the road. Either case they are out of production a long with the Z3.
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

I thought there was a thing on the back that said MZ
    Probably just another M poser. Oh well.

Originally posted by kaput

Thats the one I'm talking about on my street. I thought there was a thing on the back that said MZ. I've only ever seen it passing by, so it could have easily been a 3 rather than a Z.
    Some people put an ///M badge in front of the Z3 badge. They figure it's OK just because they have the sport suspension, M steering wheel, or an M shift knob.

Originally posted by Glowrider
    Yeah, even the dealers incorrectly refer to it as the MZ.

edit: fixed quote source (Glowrider)
    Last edited by FiveFreshFish; 03-24-2003 at 09:31 PM.

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Yeah, even the dealers incorrectly refer to it as the MZ.
    Yeah, to many CA's are idiots. You figure, if their selling BMW's, they would know BMW's. Such is not the case. There's a dealership around here, and one of the guys told me there is no such thing as an E39 5-series.

I asked "Do you have any E39 M5's on the lot?" (before I bought the M3)

He replied..."Uh...this isn't a Mercedes dealership"

This leads me to conclude that CA's aren't there to provide tech support, but rather to sell you a car. Then again, they should atleast know the names of the cars they are selling.

If I had a BMW dealership, all of my CA's would know every BMW inside and out.

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

It's definately a Z3 Coupe.

Originally posted by kaput

I think that's probably what it is, it's been awhile since I saw it. I think it's a hardtop too, though again it's been awhile since I saw it. I'm not sure if that help's ID it.
    The M-Coupe / M-Roadster both have a little ///M badge on its right rear, but no "Z" anywhere.

Easiest way to tell from the back is to see if it has two pairs of tailpipes. The M-Coupe / M-Roadster also have special rearview and sideview mirrors, different side vents, and wider stance.

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

I've only spotted 2 M-coupes in Calgary, but I've seen quite a few of the M-roadsters. Very nice car, and from what I hear, the new ones can hold their weight against the AMG SLK.
    omgwtfbbq

Originally posted by szw
    Looks like a big shoe.

Albeit a nice shoe.
    that's an M coupe, not M roadster

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

from what I hear, the new ones can hold their weight against the AMG SLK.
    They are pretty evenly matched cars. I think the SLK32 AMG has it over the M Roadster in the 1/4. But in the turns the M Roadster comes out on top. A lot of reviewers disliked the fact that the SLK32 AMG is only available with automatic, also.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm willing to put money on the SLK 32 on a roadcourse against an M Roadster (S54 315hp version) .

I've driven Z3's and M Roadsters before, and they are not your typical BMW handling machines (unless you read magazines). Very confident that the SLK is better around the corners.

I haven't raced an M Roadster down the straight before, but judging from the power to weight ratio, the benz has an edge.

I'm waiting for a certain someone to buy "the shoe" so I can race him .
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    L-Tuned

My old boss had an M Roadster w/ Dinan supercharger. Off the line, you can lift the front wheels off the ground. He gave that car to his wife to drive.

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Yeah, down in Miami there's a guy with a turbo M-Coupe putting down like 600 rwhp.

www.aatuning.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast