Quantcast
Anyone else getting strage phonecalls lately? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Anyone else getting strage phonecalls lately?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Default Anyone else getting strage phonecalls lately?

Alright over the last month or so I been getting this weird fucking phonecall that goes something like this
    "...french speach...and english message will follow"
    Then it goes thought a whole french crap and then it repeats an english message saying something like "please call back 186603782731 extention 4903" This shit been calling us every damn day in the morning around 9amish. Most of the time noone is home to pick up the phone, but when i am home always get that damn call. So my sister called the number back twice and all it is is an answering machine on the other end. She left a message to call back with a description of who the fuck they are, and we never get any message back telling us what they are, all we get is stupid same recorded message every god damn day.

Anyone have any idea what this is about or having the same issue lately?

My Ride
    KTM

This happened to me on my old work cell. Somebody had used my number on a credit application or something (previous user maybe?). Once I told them they had the wrong number and name they never called back again.

Heres how to stop it. When you pick up the phone DONT SAY ANYTHING then hit the # key on your phone about 9 times quickly then hang-up.

What happens is an auto-dialer calls your number and knows how to dtect a voice over an answering machine. This info is then logged and used to find out the best time to call you.

By hitting the # key it somehows disables/scrabbles your phone #. You shouldn't be bothered again.
    A Bimmer a day helps you work rest & play!

Sounds like an Impark scam again..

My Ride
    2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6

I had that happen to me too, I think it was a collection agency or something. They used to call at like 830 on a sat morn...used to piss me off.....I just never anwser my phone anymore, those who need to call know my cell number.....Their all bastards

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

we get a call evey couple of days and theres nothing on the other end...its just sits there for about 10 seconds and then cuts off, ill have to try that # thing though, hope it works.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    1990 300zx LHD ;) 400HP

scarey story, i'll keep it short : My uncle in Japan got a phone call on his cell phone and they hung up b4 he could answer it. So he calls back and i guess what they do is automaticly sign him up for some shit when you call them back. It had something to do with the Japanes mafia i think is what my mom told me. In the end they threatend him his life because he owed them $40 000. So he paid up and they went away. I guess these kinda scams are really really popular in Japan, the guys behind it use calling cards and don't have a plan in place and leave nothing to police to trace. Im not bullshiting either, i have emails from my aunt being really upset and contacting my mother. Just a heads up, i REALLY don't think this is one of those tho.

Originally posted by civic_stylez
    we get a call evey couple of days and theres nothing on the other end...its just sits there for about 10 seconds and then cuts off, ill have to try that # thing though, hope it works.
    w0rd, that happens to me too. piss the fuck outta me.

This one time some dumb fucks called.
    It sounded like a pretty young guy, and his voice was all shaky and he goes, can I speak to your mom or dad this is the constable. And obviously it's not, so I ask them what's up and they keep on asking for my parents so I tell them that they're not home and he goes can u tell them to come to district 4. I ask why and then you can hear him consulting someone else in the background.

My Ride
    FOR SALE: 02EP3

last night around 12am, i received a weird voicemessage on my cellphone, as did 4 other co workers at work on their work phone numbers,

what the fuck spoooky

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by gpomp
    http://www.cowabduction.com/
    what's this about?

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Hahahaha, that cow abduction link just keeps coming up.....

The silence for 10 seconds then hanging up is a machine. It's purpose is to determine what times people are home at so more telemarketers can call you at similar times.

Pressing the # key works for some of the automated systems, but not all.

Other than that, I just started using the 'report this number to police' number... *57 I think?
    All of the people who were calling stopped shortly after I did this to about 20 of them.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    Ol' Rusty Truck

Originally posted by Zero102

Other than that, I just started using the 'report this number to police' number... *57 I think?
    interesting, whats that all about?

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

It's for harassing phone calls.
    If you report the same number 3 times, they look into it.
    For the most part, them looking into it consists of blocking their number from calling yours, but if enough people do this for the same number, they will eventually do something about it.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome