Quantcast
romantic places for first date?? new to calgary please help? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: romantic places for first date?? new to calgary please help?

My Ride
    1996 ek

Default romantic places for first date?? new to calgary please help?

going to be bringing someone to dinner very soon and I'm new to calgary. Whats a romantic place in calgary for dinner?? I don't know many restaurants here other than BP's and Tony Roma's and I mean come on there is better places than that I'm sure

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

How much do you wanna spend?

There are loads of places in Calgary that fit your criteria, just depends on how much coin you want to dish out and what kind of atmosphere you like. Whenever I'm looking, a quick search on google gives me plenty of choices, I would advise you to do the same. I find many of the restaurants are centered or located around the downtown area so I would say start your search there.

Chianti's, really nice italian restaurant, i think theres a couple of locations in Calgary, only one i know about is up by sunridge. Really good food, awesome atmosphere, and really good service, not even that expensive.

My Ride
    TII FC3S (sold), RX300

"no name/red room" lounge on 17th Ave. SW has a pretty good atmosphere for a first date kinda thing...don't really remember if it was that quiet in there though...someone back me up on this, other than that i'm with Hamann, Chianti's is pretty good.

My Ride
    1996 ek

well as long as it stays under 200$ I'm good hahah. I do pretty well for myself so I'm not bringing a date to a cheap restaurant. plus I like a place that will have a good selection of wines and a good selection of scotch

While Chianti's is one of my favorite restaurants (the one in the N.E., not the one in Crowfoot), I would probably not bring a date there if you wanted to avoid cheaper restaurants. I would group Chianti's in with places like Earl's, all meals < $20 but I do remember Chianti's having a good wine selection but it is Italian. Going one step above I really liked The Verve, I've only been to the one by Kensington though but that would be a decent place to bring a date. You also can't go wrong with the restaurants along Stephen Ave as well. The Calgary Tower's restaurant is also quite pricey but I've heard the service and food isn't up to par with the price...good view though!

My Ride
    1996 ek

any good french restaurants in calgary. I like italian but it seems like it's all I eat lately. and well being french myself I would love to be served in french or at least eat french food. and i also heard food at the tower not the best and I don't feel like going right downtown not that comfortable driving down there yet. close to downtown is fun but if it gets to be where all the big ass buildings are I don't like it only been down there when I absolutly need to with my car

My Ride
    2005 Infiniti G35

I took my girl to a jazz lounge like dining place, very classic and sheik, It was somewhere in downtown and the chocolate fondu was to die for.

There is one more very well known not classical as much more spanish and just a very good atmosphere. They usually have a live band and dancing, I'd say it's a 3 star or so but the music just gets you and your girl in that mood, so yea oh the place is called Don Keyotes I don't remember the correct spelling but what i'd do is take the girl out dining in a classical place then take her to don keyotes for some drinks and salsa. well Enjoy your date.

My Ride
    Jetta

My Ride
    1996 ek

well this don keyotes place sounds interesting I hate dancing but I like good music. jazz place sounds good too. I love jazz. Anyways thanks for the info guys keep em suggestions coming I'll take any suggestions for sure

My Ride
    Jetta

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Prolifique
    [B]I took my girl to a jazz lounge like dining place, very classic and sheik, It was somewhere in downtown and the chocolate fondu was to die for. [QUOTE]

was that the Beatniq Jazz Club?

La Chaumiere got my vote too, it is a pretty quiet place. It will fit in your <$200 nicely.

foie gras...

...If you need a man-date to go to La Chaumiere, I am in

My Ride
    1996 ek

Originally posted by mucat
    La Chaumiere got my vote too, it is a pretty quiet place. It will fit in your &lt;$200 nicely.

foie gras...

...If you need a man-date to go to La Chaumiere, I am in
    i don't do the whole man date thing hahah I do the whole I haven't been single for 5 years and I'm taking a cute chick out to dinner now that I'm finally single again thing hahah

but la chaumiere looks nice but it looks too open and bright but I've heard about it even before I came to calgary cuz I'm big on french restaurants...do they serve duck there at all??? duck is for dinner

Originally posted by Gravy_83

i don't do the whole man date thing hahah I do the whole I haven't been single for 5 years and I'm taking a cute chick out to dinner now that I'm finally single again thing hahah

but la chaumiere looks nice but it looks too open and bright but I've heard about it even before I came to calgary cuz I'm big on french restaurants...do they serve duck there at all??? duck is for dinner
    Yes, if I remember correct, some kind of roast duck breast and berry sauce. Their lobster bisque is good too.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

I take my girl to the Banff Springs Hotel for dinner.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

La Chaumiere is a good bet, but some might not enjoy the atmosphere.

No need to impress her with your money. See if she's the real deal before shelling out the bling. Why don't you have a nice night doing something more active than sitting across from the table trying to make conversation.

But if you choose to do that, River Cafe's a romantic place. They serve duck too.

My Ride
    1996 ek

it's no big deal it's nothing too special but just want a nice atmosphere

btw, River Cafe has their menu on their website. The service is excellent there. Murrietta's isn't bad at all either. There is a giant skylight in the main dining room. The ribeye steak is one of the best that I've had.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast