Quantcast
the new Honda Fit - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: the new Honda Fit

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Default the new Honda Fit

I'm not sure if the new Honda Fit is at the dealership yet.
    But whats the modding potential of this vehicle?

I'm in the market to purchase a new econo-vehicle for my new job. And i'm really leaning towards the Fit.

My Ride
    VW

I heard that Calgary Honda got 2 in already
    Basic and top model

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

is this vehicle a high demand? I remmeber when the MZ3 just came out, the dealership have stacks of pre-order invoice, I wonder if this is the case with Honda Fit.

My Ride
    VW

Personally I LOVE this car
    If you got a Calgary SUN today inside of the Auto Market you will found more detail about this car

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

came out on the 4th

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

I saw eight new Fit's in a row drive by me on 37th street the other day. Presumably heading to a dealership around that area. Pretty neat little car. Don't know about the modding potential, but definetly a fairly decent daily driver.

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

looks like a better car than the toyota yaris. better resale i bet too.

My Ride
    RX300

saw it at the petro at sunridge when i was filling up
    talked to the technician guy driving it haha its a sweet car said its about 17 or so for top model...not bad at all
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Good looking car, nice interior, drives pretty decent.

But, whoever told you that you could get the top model for $17K was flat out LYING.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Honda West has a few in, they look pretty nice. I saw a whole bunch at the Space Center this weekend in the old army base. Looked like a honda test drive event or something?
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by A_3
    I saw eight new Fit's in a row drive by me on 37th street the other day. Presumably heading to a dealership around that area. Pretty neat little car. Don't know about the modding potential, but definetly a fairly decent daily driver.
    Saw that, I also saw some signs that had directions like this:

Honda
    ---->

looked like some test drive event or something.

Originally posted by A790

But, whoever told you that you could get the top model for $17K was flat out LYING.
    the sport with a auto gear box will cost you 22k. After the official prices were released I decided to go for a Mazda 3 instead.

My Ride
    G35

for the people that saw honda signs around mount royal and saw a line of about 7to 10 fits driving around 37st a few days ago was the Calgary Honda and Honda West's Ride and Drive Event for employees only. Because i work at Calgary Honda i had the opportunity to attend this event, basically we got a chance to evaluate Fit and compare it against its competition such as Toyota Yaris, Hynadai Accent , Suzuki Areo, Chevy Aveo etc. They also set up a road corse where we got to push each car to its limits to find out each cars handling characteristics so on and so forth. Originally the event was going to happen at race city on the road course but we had to do it in the Army Barracks big parking lot. Results!!!!
    Honda Fit beat every other competior flat out in every category in my opinion:
    Interior Design:
    Accelaration (comes in 5spd MT: 5spd Automatic: paddle shifter on the steering wheel as well in the sort package option)

Ergonomics(this car has so much interior room because gas tank sits in the middle of the car as opposed to the back near the rear axle, also seat configuration is insane lets just say u can fit a full size kayak in it, thats why they are called FIT )

Handling( the competition was not even close, well toyota yaris handled good but not as nice as Fit, braking is astonishing on Fit considering it has drums in the back)

All in all the car is impressive, if i was in a market for a car like this i would drive the Fit and the competition. Thats the best way to decide and make it easy.
    Last edited by KGB; 04-07-2006 at 08:08 PM.

My Ride
    335i

Wow, that expensive?? I figured Honda finally had a 15k car to compete with the Yaris, but apparently it's just a civic replacement while the civic moves up in price.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Is it a good car? Absolutely it is. I would NEVER pay anything over 20K for it, and at that price you get one that's hardly optioned.

Boo on Honda for bad pricing.

My Ride
    RX300

Originally posted by A790

hah guess it was too good to be true guess that guy didnt know wtf he was talking bout...was just sent out to fill the gas
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

yeah i read in other forums that Fit outperformed other competitors with flying colors...

Now I have another issue, this car will be my long term vehicle. Possibly until I get married, I will be keeping this car.
    I noticed that this car is low on power comparing to other cars in the same category.
    I was looking at the new GTI. I know i know i know... its not quite the same class of car. But if I am planning to keep this car for quite a while, might as well consider an alternative that will keep me more happier with something with more power.

I know that the GTI will require premium gas, more expensive maintenance, more expensive monthly payment, more expensive to tune (yet easier to find parts), but........ more powerful and fun?

Currently the Fit is optioned out at $26150, while the the GTI is optioned out at $34000.

Now do you guys think paying the extra 8K for the GTI justifies for the extra 91 hp and the more "expensive requirements"??
    Last edited by HiSpec; 04-08-2006 at 02:17 AM.

I think if you're looking at teh GTI you should also look at the Civic Si. That is the car that most people draw comparisons to against a GTI. IMO if you have the money to spend a GTI or Si gives you as much bang for buck as you get while having a blast. Even though they're not exactly what you'd call economy cars.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

i was thinking of that too, because GTI and Si have lots of potential in terms of performance and other comfort "luxuries".

However, I would like to have something more original when I plan to mod the vehicle in the long run. I'm sure many of you have seen that white Toyota Echo around. With lots of upgrades and moditification. Its not fast. But fast is not my main priority, its fun and being unique that are my priorities.

But one of the draw back for me is the Fit does not have sunroof.... i love the sun!!
    Last edited by HiSpec; 04-08-2006 at 01:04 PM.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by HiSpec
    Currently the Fit is optioned out at $26150, while the the GTI is optioned out at $34000.

Fit at 26K? spend the extra and get a GTI.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast