Quantcast
Pretty serious problem out in Sask. need some serious advice. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pretty serious problem out in Sask. need some serious advice.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Default Pretty serious problem out in Sask. need some serious advice.

HI guys. I live in Calgary, as does my dad, but he also has a farm out in Rural Sask. basically one hour south of Swift Current, in the middle of nowhere really.

Since he doesn't spend all his time there, he frequenty comes to Calgary to get groceries and other stuff, like taxes, bills and family things. He's here right now..

The problem is: is that over the last 10 years, this family of human shit that lives off of thievery and trafficking stolen goods: is after my dads stuff again. The first time they broke into my dads farm 8 years ago, they stole $10k worth of stuff, then again a few years later they stole another $5k. They've been monitoring my dads farm very closely for the last 2 years, ready to do this again. The police know about this, but with a lack of fingerprints, they can't do anything. This is where its incredibly frusterating. My dad's almost 60. He doesn't deserve one bit of this, he's never done anything to deserve ANY of this, yet he has to put up with this shit continually.

I dont know what to do. The guy doing this is my age there abouts, I'm 23.

Anything "bad" I was thinking about doing to this mutt, I really can't, since when I'm NOT there (about 360 days of the year) he can retaliate on my dad. Legally, my options are REALLY limited.

I'm stuck, incredibly frusterated, and really hurt... now what?

I'm
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

See if you can get some video camera's on the property to keep watch. There are units that can be accessed online from anywhere in the world. If it were me, I would get a big sign that says WARNING: ALL TRESSPASSERS AND THIEVES WILL BE SHOT. and mount it right at the enterence.

Make a weekend trip with you and a buddy to this guys place in ski masks. Break his fucking legs and maybe fingers too, just go with it. I hate hearing shit like that.

Or get cameras put on the place as well as the above suggestion.

My Ride
    Celica GT-Four

guns seem to work, and i'm sure a 60 year old knows how to use one

your dad owns a farm......lots of space to bury the body.

My Ride
    GT1 VR6/Grand Cherokee

Give me 500 bucks and gas money and i'll take care of him for ya, Nevermind i'll do it for free.....Can i send his ear to his mother?

Cheap ass P3 comp, 240 gig HD, 6 X10 cameras from Ebay. Let them have their way with the farm, then Buba can have his way with them.

If you pay for my gas money, food, and I have somewhere to sleep, I'll sitout there for a few days while your dad is gone and wait for them to come.

My Ride
    honda with fart can

sorry to hear about your problem... that really sucks.
    you should mount some cameras like l8braker said, and make sure everything on the property is covered by insurance. Then when they come again, you have three options:

1 - let them steal from you, get it on camera, go through legal system, bla bla...

2 - DONT put up cameras. pick them off from a bush somewhere and hide their bodies in a 7-11 dumpster (or feed the cows, whatever)

3 - Get your pops to cook up some pork and beans, supply a little beer and a few guns, and get a team of sask. Beyonders together for a little Beyond vigilante justice!!
    Last edited by ringmaster; 04-24-2006 at 07:43 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

digi355, has a very very very smart idea. This system would cost you signifcantly less than even your insurance deductable whenever they do break in.

If its on Camera there is no doubt that they can be caught and arrested. Install a system where you can install simple motion sensors so an alarm will go off and activate a light (in the case that they break in in the dark)

Very cost efficiant, the entire process should cost you less than $1000.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Is that grounds for busting him with the police, if we do catch him on camera? He drives up and down the grid roads "keeping tabs" on our property. This happens once a day minimum.
    Any suggestions about that?
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    ^ Is that grounds for busting him with the police, if we do catch him on camera? He drives up and down the grid roads "keeping tabs" on our property. This happens once a day minimum.
    Any suggestions about that?

Not to disharten you, but I will state that I have never had an experience in the matter. However, it would be the same differance as Future Shop catching someone shoplifting on camera, and then using that footage in a court situation. At least I would imagine.

Have you ever spoken with these individuals?
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

The driving by daily, if u can proove its against you, coudl be considered stalking. But if caught on video would also make good evidence as scouting for the trespassing and possetion of personal property.

Legally.... Video way is the best. If you don't have as much money u can setup lights w/ motion detectors as well as cameras with motion decteors, that way they only turn on if there is movement, saving you money on hard drive space for a computer to store it all.

Illegally... Well we all know those answers.

My Ride
    honda with fart can

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
    The driving by daily, if u can proove its against you, coudl be considered stalking. But if caught on video would also make good evidence as scouting for the trespassing and possetion of personal property.

Legally.... Video way is the best. If you don't have as much money u can setup lights w/ motion detectors as well as cameras with motion decteors, that way they only turn on if there is movement, saving you money on hard drive space for a computer to store it all.

Illegally... Well we all know those answers.
    Get a guard dog or two to compliment the motion lights??
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    red slowpoke, black beast, red 4wheeler

basically have your dad set up a camera where it can see his front yard, etc. and then catch the guy driving back and forth if you can prove without a doubt that hes scouting out your houses site he can be proved guilty of conspireing in a robery etc. and also set up basic camera systems around the house to capture the guys from all angles, roof view, floor and somewhere at eyelevel that way he can't hide his face from the cameras by just looking down etc.

Guard dogs can be tricked, shot, poisned, knocked out, useless, unfreindly to old 60 year old men....

My Ride

ooo could he electrify the fence and or door handles?

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by digi355
    Cheap ass P3 comp, 240 gig HD, 6 X10 cameras from Ebay. Let them have their way with the farm, then Buba can have his way with them.

You are on the right track....Load the PC up with plans to kill people, and all sorts of illegal files, plant it on farm, call tip into cops....

My Ride

^^^^ um hes looking to monitor the house from that computer and have the video saved onto the harddrive

Dogs and video cameras + warning signs will cover you legally. A firearm should only be used in self defense.

A good trick might be to take a hunting trip up to your farm. Bust out a couple rifles, beers and friends. Fire off a lot of ammo and stuff so your 'neighbours' know your armed and take random trips to the farm.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast