Quantcast
06 Civic question - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 06 Civic question

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Default 06 Civic question

Hey guys, I'm a little new at this... I've read all the threads in this forum... can't really get any info because i'm unfamiliar with the "catback" "muffler" "exhaust" and all that haha...

so what I want for my 06 civic is basically the sound output... I want it to be a nice deep tone, no rumbling or loud stuff... and if anything as quiet as possible, but loud enough to hear the power, I guess its a bit hard to explain.
    I also want a nice exhaust or muffler (are they the same? lol)

so my question is, what am i going to need? and how much? I would be guessing like 200 max, but I've never really gone to check it out, i just wanna kinda know my stuff before going in to ask questions... what should i expect?

thanks!

My Ride
    MB C63

hhmm...

well first off on an 06 civic coupe i dont think you need to throw on a new exhaust system considering that they are fitting with a pretty nice one to begin with. If anything i think adding one might ruin what you hear.

but if your interested regardless what your looking for is a muffler or performance exhaust

you can usually get them for $150 for a decent one...not sure if they have lots out for the 06 civic or not but check out a couple local stores and see what they say.
    check the sponsers out dont go to canadian tire or walmart

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

okay thanks, thats what i was thinking about keeping the stock one... I was just hoping to maybe enhance it.

the problem is, does it have to be a specific kind? I cant just go to say minute muffler and pick the one i want and ask them to bolt it on for me?

I wasn't planning on going to canadian tire or wal mart haha, i dont wanna mess up my car.

My Ride
    MB C63

you could get anything put on just depends on how well the place can cuztomize the exhaust to fit onto your old piping

if your looking to get something just get a bolt on exhaust made for your car that way if you ever want to go back to stock you can just bolt it off and put your old one on without having to cut welds and make new ones.

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Oh, so thats how it works. I guess i need to look for something specifically for my car then... thanks!

My Ride
    your mom

a cat back exaust replaces all the piping from the catalytic converter on and also comnes with a diffrent resonator, from what it sounds like u want dont go with one just go to any shop and buy a universal muffler and get a shop to weld it on for u. normally costs about 100 and they can aslo build u a whole cat back system but look to pay alot more

btw you will not get a good system for 200 bucks

also , megan racing makes a nice universal, i had it on my car and its quiet not raspy or anything at all

or if u go cat back but wanna save money go with a magnaflow apparently they are only 2 db louder then stock and give a nice deep tone

if u wanna stay quiet dont buy a greddy like mine that thing gets me pulled over so much and u cant get a silencer for it

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by riced
    Oh, so thats how it works. I guess i need to look for something specifically for my car then... thanks!
    Just to warn you, you will most likely get pulled over for you muffler at some point and the fine is >100 bux.
    It might not be right away but eventually they will get you.

Megan is pretty good quality stuff for a good price too. It'll be about $400 for a catback though. You get what you pay for though - my choice would be the Apexi World Sport. It's one of the quieter exhaust systems and has a nice exhaust tone.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Aleks
    Just to warn you, you will most likely get pulled over for you muffler at some point and the fine is >100 bux.
    It might not be right away but eventually they will get you.
    It's kind of funny but the SRT-4 comes stock with no mufflers, only a resonator and it's pretty loud. I have the Injen turbo back exhaust on my SRT-4 so I have no cat and no mufflers (real loud) and got pulled over for speeding the other day by a cop on a motorcycle and was sure the cop was going to say something about my exhaust. He did but he said "What kind of engine is in that thing?" I said 4-cyl turbo. He said "Sounds awesome. Thanks for your co-operation!". Best speeding ticket I ever got.