Quantcast
ADD/Focusing problems - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: ADD/Focusing problems

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Default ADD/Focusing problems

Ok guys i need your help, i think ive got ADD haha, or SOMETHING.
    im in college and i sit here all day trying to focus and for the life of me, its just not fucking happeneing. i never listen to my instructors, i never pay attention what were doing, im always just spacing out. and i just cant get myself to pay attention. what do you guys do to focus? my classes are honestly like 2, 3 to 4 hour lectures a day. if we do assignment or work im just fine and can do it, but when they talk im just not here.
    fuck even at lacrosse when my coach is explaing drills and shit i space out?

what do you guys do to focus? any secrets to make the fucking never ending talking not so boring?

My Ride
    Mom-van

I do the same... I had to do some huge provincial assessment for it too... but as ADD as I am, I didn't end up finishing it lol... how ironic. It was 6 2-3 hour sessions... anyway, I dunno if there's an easy fix. Getting lots of sleep and eating right might help, but I know I'm beyond repair lol.... ask anyone on here who has ever hung out with me, not only do I zone out, but I'm the most random person ever. One second I'll be talking about a car, then flying a kite, then pancakes. Get used to it... it's the reason I've had to take time off school cuz it's affected my grades pretty bad.
    ~*Leah*~

marijuana.

3 of the top 4 people in my classes were always ripped during class. The other was a super geek.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Shit Leah, I'm exactly the same way. I also challenge your ADD random skills to a duel!

I've had ADD pretty much since I was born. I've just learned to deal with it.. The fact that I am an insomniac doesnt help either..

but lately, I've been at least getting more sleep than I'm used to and eating properly. I'm able to focus a little better.

Keep in mind I'm sitting at work on beyond because I can't focus on working, lol..

Joke time:
    Q: How many ADD kids does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Let's go ride bikes!

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Originally posted by nonsane
    marijuana.

3 of the top 4 people in my classes were always ripped during class. The other was a super geek.

When I was in high school, MJ was my tutor. I showed up for test days only, walked out with 90% or better. But thankfully I don't do it anymore. I dunno which is worse, lack of focus, or lack of memory.. I used to be so bad that I had a hard time leaving my house, I had to make sure I had locked the door like 4 or 5 times, because by the time I got to the bottom of the driveway I had already forgotten.

My Ride
    BMW E46

I know exactly what your talking about with the ADD. Thats why I keep forgeting to call you for those lights!! lol

I still want them by the way.

I will give you a little weed for your troubles if you bring them to ogden....

My Ride
    BMW E46

by the way..... I never pay any attention. my last message ^ was for DEEK.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Originally posted by JspecB16
    I know exactly what your talking about with the ADD. Thats why I keep forgeting to call you for those lights!! lol

I still want them by the way.

I will give you a little weed for your troubles if you bring them to ogden....
    LOL... It's all good.. I don't do tha bud anymore... and I forgot the lights in my other car this morning... lol I work right in the foothills industrial so I can bring em by whenever you want man

My Ride
    BMW E46

Originally posted by DeeK

LOL... It's all good.. I don't do tha bud anymore... and I forgot the lights in my other car this morning... lol I work right in the foothills industrial so I can bring em by whenever you want man
    If you have them tommorow i will meet you in ogden right after work, which is 4:00. you just name the place and i'll be there. (even though my word must not sound very solid by now. If you give me a time and place I will put it in my phone and have an alarm set!!)

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Works for me man, I'll call you at 4pm tomorrow, PM me your number, I dunno if I have it.

Anyways, sorry for the threadjacking... back to the topic!

there lots of drugs you can take to help you out.. but they usually fix one thing and give another problem as well... I've been on everything before..

The best way to deal with ADD is just learn how to deal with and control it. For me, I just usually make a joke outta everything (which can sometimes piss people off cuz they dont understand), as long as the energy level or excitement is there, I have no problems concentrating. Boring stuff I completely space out.

I have the same problems man! I had to change my diet completly while I was at Sait. More fruit, vegitables, less shit, ie. burgers, pop, etc. Always eat a good breakfast and if you feel like your gonna die in the class, take a snack and take a walk outside the classroom. Get lot's of sleep and remember that no matter how boring it is, focus and it will get over sooner.

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by l8braker
    I have the same problems man! I had to change my diet completly while I was at Sait. More fruit, vegitables, less shit, ie. burgers, pop, etc. Always eat a good breakfast and if you feel like your gonna die in the class, take a snack and take a walk outside the classroom. Get lot's of sleep and remember that no matter how boring it is, focus and it will get over sooner.

but i lovvvvvve all of thattttt
    im trying not to eat a million ice cream sandwhiches and hamburgers everyday, but thats hard tooooooo
    fackkkk.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Originally posted by l8braker
    focus and it will get over sooner.
    Thats for sure.. Id space off for hours and 5 minutes would pass.. but when I was actually paying attention shit flew by. Force yourself to do it for a couple weeks or so, then it will be a habit. It gets easier.

My Ride

Very few people who say they have ADD actually have it. I wouldnt be surprised that if all the people claiming to have it in this thread were actually tested, that only maybe one or two of them would actually have it. Thats not intended to put any of you guys down, its just that not being able to focus on boring subjects or something that doesnt interest you doesnt qualify for ADD.

I have a friend who claims to have ADD but its weird how he cant sit through a 50 min lecture, but he can play Halo Live without moving for 6 hrs straight. With another friend of mine its completely obvious to anyone who meets him that he has ADD. You cant even watch a movie with the guy because he's constantly getting up, bringing up conversations in the middle of the movie, always super loud, etc. People who have ADD are usually also very hyper, loud and constantly on the move. My buddy with ADD controls it with a prescription med called Dexatrin that he's been taking since he was a kid.

For me personally, I'm like a lot of you and cant focus when I study. Marijuana helps to focus, but only when your actually high. The burn out phase makes it even harder to study. I also dont really like sitting in class reeking of weed as most girls dont seem to like that scent.

My own problems with focus arent because of ADD, they are because of the bad habits picked up slacking my way though highschool and my early college years. That said, when I do need to get a serious full day of studying done, or I have a huge test that I have to stay focused on, I usually take a smaller dosage of my buddy's Dexatrin. It does work wonders and allows you to study focused for long periods of time. Your thought process is incredibly clear as well. But it also supresses your appitite, keeps you wired and makes it impossible to sleep for quite a while, so if you take it in the evening, your not sleeping that night. I'm also not sure of how easy it is to get Dex if you dont know anyone on it.

If your really desparate for a really good study/cram session though, Dexatrin might be something you'd want to look into.

My Ride
    09 wrx265

when I can't pay attention to my instructor (mainly because the subject is boring/the instructor is boring).
    I start reading my notes, book, homeworks/exercises. but sometimes I end up falling asleep

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Originally posted by 5hift
    Very few people who say they have ADD actually have it. I wouldnt be surprised that if all the people claiming to have it in this thread were actually tested, that only maybe one or two of them would actually have it. Thats not intended to put any of you guys down, its just that not being able to focus on boring subjects or something that doesnt interest you doesnt qualify for ADD.
    Well I personally have not been tested, however my grandpa had it, all my dads brothers and sisters had it, now all my cousins have it. EVERYONE on my dad's side of the family has it.. probly 75% of them have been tested positive for ADD. So I conclude that I would have it as well just considering the way I am.

I have a friend who claims to have ADD but its weird how he cant sit through a 50 min lecture, but he can play Halo Live without moving for 6 hrs straight. With another friend of mine its completely obvious to anyone who meets him that he has ADD. You cant even watch a movie with the guy because he's constantly getting up, bringing up conversations in the middle of the movie, always super loud, etc. People who have ADD are usually also very hyper, loud and constantly on the move. My buddy with ADD controls it with a prescription med called Dexatrin that he's been taking since he was a kid.
    I have a hard time sitting thru lectures as well and as said before, anything exciting like a video game will keep me entertained for hours.

I think in the case of your loud friend, he probably has ADHD (the H stands for Hyperactive. It's just another type. Just like diabetes has two types, so does ADD/ADHD. Dexatrin and ritalin are the two most common medicines used to control ADD/ADHD however they cause many other negative side effects and can cause health problems down the road as they speed up the heart(dexatrin does), like caffiene does. And as always the side effects affect people differently thats why some people can take them and some people cant.

Basically in a nutshell Dexatrin speeds up the rest of your body and thinking to keep up with your ADD so it all work in unison.
    Ritalin slows down the ADD process to match the rest as well.
    (I know someone will correct me on that.. but thats pretty much the just of it in a nutshell.)

My Ride
    Noodle

I've had the same problems for years in school. A couple of things I noticed that helped me pay attention in class were, sitting up near the front, and not sitting with friends. If you are serious about doing school, you can wait to sit with friends after, and sitting up near the front I always seemed to be able to pay attention better.

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

shit, well i struggled all through highschool with attendance and paying attention, i would get great scores on tests and exams but would suffer from homework and attendance, and itss still like thatttttt
    old habits die hard.

My Ride
    Mom-van

Well like I said, I have been tested... I don't have ADHD, I have ADD... and actually scored in the .1 percentile of sufferers, so I've got it pretty bad, but I'm working on it and getting better. I chose to try recovery without meds yet. But anyway.... like I said, sleep and eating right are a huge thing.

Deek, you are on for a dual.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    E46M3

i second for smoking some mary jane before class..
    buddy sitting in my econ class wouldn't stfu... untill he started coming with beaty red squinty eyes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast