Quantcast
Canada Post is a joke! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canada Post is a joke!

My Ride
    SLK55

Default Canada Post is a joke!

How many times do they leave packages on my door step when a signature is required? How many times do they lose my packages and give me the runaround? Have any of you guys had as much bad luck as I've had with them? I would love to not deal with them at all, but sometimes I have no choice, if I have stuff sent to me and the company's courier is C.P. I had a package sent to me express post with signature req. worth over $600, what does the guy do? Doesnt even knock on my door, heck why not just leave it on my front door step right in +25 heat I come home, and the package nearly melted from the heat. Again, yesterday had a package sent to me COD, and now they cant even find it. Apparently, C.P. wont allow any pickups from their depot anymore without a notice. But it would help if the dude actually left one for me. 9/10 times they dont even come to my door, then have to wait the next day to pick it up.
    Last edited by SLK55; 06-13-2006 at 09:35 AM.

Bad delivery guy...

My experience with Canada Post has been fairly good.

No lost packages, I always get a notice.

I've shipped a set of speakers, computer equipment, all sorts of stuff, and in most cases I think the level of service is really dependent on the person that provides your delivery service.

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by FishPoo
    Bad delivery guy...

My experience with Canada Post has been fairly good.

No lost packages, I always get a notice.

I've shipped a set of speakers, computer equipment, all sorts of stuff, and in most cases I think the level of service is really dependent on the person that provides your delivery service.
    thats how all courier companys are.
    trust me i would know hahaha

My Ride
    SLK55

Originally posted by snowboard

thats how all courier companys are.
    trust me i would know hahaha
    Well thats true. But at least Fedex, DHL, etc deliver on time and dont feed you so much B.S.

I hear from one C.P worker, then completely opposite from another. Pick it up here, pick it up tommorow, no its not here yet, where did you hear this, then that person calls the other one to give them siht...omg just give me a migrane

My Ride
    Bicycle

Monopoly happens.

But CP has been good to me. And if your ship from US, anyone but CP will ass rape you with fees.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

SLK55, is that stuff guaranteed next day, or insured or anything?

I know it’s different but this has happened to me with Royal Mail, when it was signed delivery. My postman is an asshole. They get paid for 8 hours work even if they finish it in 2 hours. So this guy is always running around and trying to get his shit delivered really fast.
    On numerous times he’s left it on my doorstep. I ring up Royal Mail and get compensation, and they can't say no because when a signature is require, its put up on their website so the sender can check if it has been signed.

If it is insured, tell them you never got it and take your cut! Then complain about the postman

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

CP doesn't even buzz my apartment anymore for deliveries. They used to, but now they always leave the slips and I have to go pick the packages up. Me and my housemate used to order a shitload of stuff and I buy things online all the time maybe they got fed up cuz 8/10 times we couldn't answer because we weren't home.

My Ride
    SLK55

Originally posted by /////AMG
    SLK55, is that stuff guaranteed next day, or insured or anything?

I know it’s different but this has happened to me with Royal Mail, when it was signed delivery. My postman is an asshole. They get paid for 8 hours work even if they finish it in 2 hours. So this guy is always running around and trying to get his shit delivered really fast.
    On numerous times he’s left it on my doorstep. I ring up Royal Mail and get compensation, and they can't say no because when a signature is require, its put up on their website so the sender can check if it has been signed.

If it is insured, tell them you never got it and take your cut! Then complain about the postman
    Yes its insured, COD. They say that due to the high amount on it, they wont send it to my door because their drivers arent allowed to handle cash. really? thats news to me.

I just spent the last half hour on the phone with them trying to find out where it is. Luckily, they somehow managed to find it, omg wow! Its now sitting at the depot 2 blocks from my house, but I cant pick it up because i have no slip. The lady says the driver said she put one in yesterday in my community box, but nothing...I even check 4 times and ripped all my mail apart to find it. So now, they wont let me pick it up and they wont issue me another slip...youve got to be kidding me. I dont even know what to do at this point. Everytime I have stuff sent to my door through them, Im pretty much paying for them to send the goods to within the city, then I have to play phone tag and drive here and there just to find the damn thing.

My Ride
    SLK55

Originally posted by Kamen
    CP doesn't even buzz my apartment anymore for deliveries. They used to, but now they always leave the slips and I have to go pick the packages up. Me and my housemate used to order a shitload of stuff and I buy things online all the time maybe they got fed up cuz 8/10 times we couldn't answer because we weren't home.
    Thats no excuse. You are paying to have your siht sent to your door, not so you have to pick it up.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Originally posted by SLK55
    Yes its insured, COD. They say that due to the high amount on it, they wont send it to my door because their drivers arent allowed to handle cash. really? thats news to me.

I just spent the last half hour on the phone with them trying to find out where it is. Luckily, they somehow managed to find it, omg wow! Its now sitting at the depot 2 blocks from my house, but I cant pick it up because i have no slip. The lady says the driver said she put one in yesterday in my community box, but nothing...I even check 4 times and ripped all my mail apart to find it. So now, they wont let me pick it up and they wont issue me another slip...youve got to be kidding me. I dont even know what to do at this point. Everytime I have stuff sent to my door through them, Im pretty much paying for them to send the goods to within the city, then I have to play phone tag and drive here and there just to find the damn thing.
    Remember I have only done this with Royal Mail (UK).
    I've also had a slip which was missing (the fool went to my neighbours and no one was home and left the slip in their mailbox, only it was addressed and named to me).

Ask them if they put the slip in the wrong box, and if you can bring like 3 pieces of Id, because obviously this is their mistake!
    with all the problems you're having, I would try avoiding them as much as possible.

My Ride
    SLK55

Originally posted by /////AMG

Remember I have only done this with Royal Mail (UK).
    I've also had a slip which was missing (the fool went to my neighbours and no one was home and left the slip in their mailbox, only it was addressed and named to me).

Ask them if they put the slip in the wrong box, and if you can bring like 3 pieces of Id, because obviously this is their mistake!
    with all the problems you're having, I would try avoiding them as much as possible.
    Ive tried, in fact whats disgusting is how they are trying to make it sound like its my fault. Like Im so stupid, not knowing how to check a mailbox. Even confirmed the address. And now they wont issue another one, or make another trip and I cant pick up jack siht without it! D.I. whatever wont matter.

This is a fukin joke.

The lady at the depot is a real fukin knob dealing with. Im surpised ive been able to put up with her yelling over the phone so far.
    Last edited by SLK55; 06-13-2006 at 11:00 AM.

My Ride
    SLK55

THIS IS THE MOST RETARDED SHIIT IVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH.......EEEEEEVER

Thank you Canada Post for screwing me over! Oh and the shipper too!

ive never had CP deliver to my door.... they always put a slip in my mailbox and i go pick it up.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Originally posted by GQBalla
    ive never had CP deliver to my door.... they always put a slip in my mailbox and i go pick it up.
    never evar. Even if i dont owe money?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

i have a package coming from quebec which was sent last tuesday, i paid 10 for shipping so im guessing its expedieted mail but the god damn thing hasn't even arrived yet, for god sakes how can they not get something on time when its in the same country.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Just found out last week that the reason I didn't get my tax refund back yet was that CCRA never got my info. Thanks CP for losing my tax package!

Now I have to find my backup copies of everything and do it over.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Canada Post can lick my fuckin sack!

They lost a parcel that I send to BC and it seriously took over 2 months (8 weeks) to get my money back. Their customer service is absolute shit! Every time you call you get a different person that knows less then the last person you talked to. I was ready to strangle someone through the phone.

And dont even get me started on the midget lady at the Midnapore post office in 7-11

My Ride
    V167

^AHAHHAHAHA. So I'm not the only one that hates the lady at Midnapore.

I dunno, usually she acts like shit to me but last time I was there I was filling out my forms to mail a document via Xpresspost and their 5:00 guy hadn't come for pick up yet (it was like 5:20 and I was pissed that I couldn't mail my package via Fedex because it was a P.O Box AND had missed the 5:00 deadline for Canada Post). She very nicely told me that if I hurry and fill in my info that she can toss it in the box so when the pickup guy comes it will go out that day. That was pretty nice of her because the Canada Post dood came to the door just as I finished writing my info.

I don't think I am going to go there anymore though.....I hate having to deal with the bullshit that goes with having a post office inside a 7-11..it's too cramped...too busy...too much of everything...post offices inside Shopper Drug Marts are way better and I don't have to deal with the employee being busy filling up the Coffee or some other 7-11 type bullshit.

As for Canada Post. I mailed out my Xpresspost package to the USA and it got there on time (5-6 business days). Gay thing is that they update their status late at night so I was pissed off during the day to see that my package hadn't arrived yet but sure enough at around 8pm the status changed.

Within Canada all of my Xpresspost shit has been delivered on time...next business day. That's pretty good for $6.50 IMO.

My Ride
    SLK55

Well I got my parcel about 3 hours ago. I tell you, it was the most fuked up day today, especially the morning. Eventually what happened was, after all this arguing with the lady at the depot and the wicked old hag working the counter at the shoppers (where I had to pick it up). I got so fed up with the one at shoppers, she was yelling at me, giving me attitude for no reason, and frankly I wasnt in the mood to put up with this crap. So I phoned the depot myself, got a very friendly lady to help me out. She first said that all she could do was send a case report to another dept and it will take a couple days to hear back. I said no way in hell should I have to wait a couple days just to see what the heck is going on. I called her back and got very upset. I told her that I wasnt going to wait any longer, and that I would give her one hour to do what she had to do to find some way to get me to pick up that parcel. So she called the witch at the shoppers location and tried sweet talking her to release the package to me, which frankly I dont see why the old hag was such a knob when it came to no notice. I mean, I even offered to bring in 5 pieces of I.D...even my god damn gift cert. and how the heck is that not 100% proof that im the receiver????

So about an hour later she called me back and said I could pick it up. I dont know what she said to the shoppers lady, but whatever she said she convinced the old hag to put her guard down. I walked into the Shoppers, showed my D.L and paid for it and walked off. I was so fed up with them at this stage that I couldnt even look the lady in the eye. She was trying to be all nice, but I know that was because she felt bad for being a complete b!tch to me.

The one at the depot was very helpful and in fact I even called her back after getting the parcel thanking her! because had it not been for her, no way I would have gotten my shiit today or even period. That one at the Shoppers is retarded.....5 pieces of I.D. and yet its still not good enough for her? It took that depot lady an hour talking to her, that just shows how braindead the shoppers lady is.

I dont care, Im never using C.P. ever again. I might as well ship it by boat, and I will still get it quicker.
    Last edited by SLK55; 06-13-2006 at 06:42 PM.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    ^AHAHHAHAHA. So I'm not the only one that hates the lady at Midnapore.
    Last time I was in there she is trying to reach some stamps on that peg board ah shit sorry.... haha.... i should be laughing but anyways, they were on the top peg and they were stuck. She keeps sorta reaching and jumping for them and there getting caught on the end of the peg

"stupid fuggin shit.... grrrr" of coarse she is mumbling this shit to her herself. She attemps for another 10 seconds or so lol... nothing.... "stupid shit" as she storms to the back room area and comes back with a milk carton and slams it on the ground. It flips over lol. So she has to flip is back and slams it down again and kicks it over to the wall. "stupid got damn shits always putting them on the top" Now I've seriously been standing at the counter for a good 2 or 3 minutes while she's having her hissy fit and she is completely ignoring me. Whatever, she FINALLY get the god damn stamps down and greets me with the nicest "how can i help you" and this is after she's been swearing and shit right in front of me (its cramped lol)

So then I have the usual fight with her that I can ship my fucking hockey cards in those express post envelopes that are for "document only" bullshit! give me two of them... "no I cant, there for documents only" so I explain that she always sells them to me you dumb midget bitch give me them. "nope, they'll get returned" so I said fack it and head over to the post office in shawnessy there and pick them up. Stupid midget if I want them, sell me them!

Seriously I want to kick his in her hand/arm thing every time I go in there. She knows jack shit and as you can tell by my rant she really pisses me off. Everytime she's in there I have a story lol

/rant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast