Quantcast
Could WW3 start? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Could WW3 start?

My Ride
    SoupRYou

Default Could WW3 start?

“Those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it.”

Something bad is happening in Asia. North Korea is trying to provoke Japan, South Korea, America, and pretty much everyone else in the world with missile tests and fightin’ words. Japan is mulling a pre-emptive strike. Taiwan is now planning a ballistic missile test, and according to Chungshan Institute of Science and Technology, it has a range of 600 miles and accurate to half a meter. India tested a long range, nuclear-capable missile the other day. And today, there was a series of train bombings in Mumbai, India, killing nearly 150 at last count.

America has pledged it’s support for Taiwan, if fighting breaks out with China. We clearly would defend Japan and South Korea if they were attacked. India and Pakistan are both allies, but if it came down to choosing one or the other, we would likely side with India. North Korea is a dangerous enemy, and seems to be itching for a fight. We have economic interests with China, and vice versa, but who knows what either of us would do in a time of extreme tension and hostility.

Prior to World War I, there were arms races, alliances, and war that was certainly going to happen. However, it was supposed to just be a relatively minor war between Austria-Hungary and Serbia. But The Allies and Central Powers pledged their support to their respective sides, and a localized war ended up encompassing the entire globe, or at least the resources of it. Did it need to be this way? The Treaty of Versailles claimed it was all Germany’s fault. I fault ego and arrogance on all sides.

So here we are, a century after the arms buildup to WWI, and what do we see? An arms buildup in Asia, and everyone already declaring their support. Only this time, it’s involving many more countries, many more people, and weapons many times more destructive. We also see wars that are almost certain to happen. Taiwan and China. India and Pakistan. North Korea and South Korea and Japan. None of us are naïve to think any one of these conflicts would just involve those parties. America, Europe and others have declared their support, so if fighting were to break out, it’s certain WWIII would ensue. And if any one of these conflicts started, it wouldn’t take much for these other fights to begin.

It seems like a pretty bleak outlook. People have been saying there would be a war between America and China which would decide who the next superpower would be. What we’re witnessing now could be the beginning of such conflict.

Should we be doomed to have massive wars every 100 years, though? Can’t we use our heads and prevent it? Is Taiwan worth causing a war? Is Kashmir? Are nuclear weapons and far-reaching missiles worth it? Is ego worth it?

North Korea should spend its money on feeding the millions of starving citizens. India should continue to nurture its growing technology industry. Pakistan should work at democratization, and become a model not only for the Muslim world, but the entire world. China should realize it’s can’t continue on its path of oppression and restriction, and work on a positive and cooperative relationship with America. Who says we have to fight to be superpowers? Both our countries, and the world, would benefit from our working together. Friendly competition reaps better results than a hostile rivalry.

I’m not some peacenik crying out ‘Why can’t we all just get along?’ I’m saying that it is in nobody’s interest to start this war.

took it from:http://www.shoutwire.com/comments/19428/World_War_Three

My Ride
    TOPLESS 64 IMPALA /2004 SALEEN S281 SC / 2007 Z06

china & russia are 2 tits in a bra they are up to somethin american spys cought ( chinese/rusians military) in iran testing stuff. these war experts were saying this could be the end of the US super power & that asia would rise up to power.sounds crazy dunno if i could buy that
    Last edited by tapout; 07-14-2006 at 04:55 AM.

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

Not this again.... I hate debates that promote the conflicts between chinese people.

Realistically, had China decided to take over Taiwan, there is no way that any nations can stop China from doing so. Personally, I wish Chinese and Taiwan people could settle their difference peacefully after all we are all of the same origin. I am sure it is also within Taiwan's best interest to settle everything peacefully as well.

While that being said, as far as I can see, there isn't going to be a ww3 for the chinese unless some country decides to interfer with our (chinese) interest and what happens in North/South Korea is their business not ours. What is gonna happen is just going to be America versus the rest of Middle east...that's all. There is nothing more and nothing less, what canadian should concern about is if US is going to drag Canada with them to fight against middle east and not some other country’s domestic affairs.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    73 & 06 vette

It's WWIII, and U.S.
    is out of ideas

Last week's headlines prove the point: North Korea fires missiles, Iran talks of nukes again, Iraq carnage continues, Israel invades Gaza, England observes one-year anniversary of subway bombing. And, oh, yes, the feds stop a plot to blow up tunnels under the Hudson River.
    World War III has begun.

It's not perfectly clear when it started. Perhaps it was after the Berlin Wall fell and the Cold War ended. Perhaps it was the first bombing of the World Trade Center, in 1993.

What is clear is that this war has a long fuse and, while we are not in the full-scale combat phase that marked World Wars I and II, we seem to be heading there. The expanding hostilities mean it's time to give this conflict a name, one that focuses the mind and clarifies the big picture.

The war on terror, or the war of terror, has tentacles that reach much of the globe. It is a world war.

While it is often a war of loose or no affiliation, and sometimes just amateur copycats, the similar goals of destruction add up to a threat against modern society. Even the hapless wanna-bes busted in Miami ordered guns and military equipment from a man they thought was from Al Qaeda. Islamic fascists are the driving force, but anti-American hatred is a global membership card for any and all who have a grievance and a gun.

The feeling that the wheels are coming off the world has only one recent comparison, the time when America's head-butt with communism sprouted hot spots from Cuba to Vietnam. Yet ultimately the policy of mutual assured destruction worked because American and Soviet leaders didn't want their countries hit by nuclear bombs.

Such rational thinking is quaint next to the ravings of North Korean nut Kim Jong Il and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. They both seem to be dying to die - and set the world on fire.

And don't forget Osama Bin Laden's declaration that it is the duty of every Muslim to acquire a "Muslim bomb." Is there any doubt he would use it if he had it?

I sound pessimistic because I am. Even worse than the problems is the fact that our political system is failing us. Democratic Party leaders want to pretend we can declare peace and everything will be fine, while President Bush is out of ideas. Witness Bush now counseling patience and diplomacy on North Korea. This from a man who scorned both for five years.

But what choice does he have now that the pillars of his post-9/11 foreign policy are crumbling? As Harvard Prof. Joseph Nye argues in Foreign Affairs magazine, Bush's strategy of "reducing Washington's reliance on permanent alliances and international institutions, expanding the traditional right of preemption into a new doctrine of preventive war and advocating coercive democratization as a solution to Middle Eastern terrorism" amounted to a bid for a "legacy of transformation."

The first two ideas have been repealed. The third brought Hamas into power and has so far failed to take root in Iraq or anywhere else.

I believed Iraq was the key, that if we prevailed there, momentum would shift in our favor. Now I'm not sure. We still must prevail there, but Iraq could mean nothing if Iran or Bin Laden get the bomb or North Korea uses one.

Meanwhile, I'm definitely not using any tunnels.

Originally published on July 9, 2006
    http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-365242c.html

Originally posted by KLCC
    Realistically, had China decided to take over Taiwan, there is no way that any nations can stop China from doing so.
    Realistically China can take over Taiwan, but if there is UN backing there is no way they can hold on to it. With modern technology, a country's infrastructure can be completely destroyed without stepping foot on their soil (Without using nuclear force).

China occupying Taiwan would work as well as the US occupying Iraq. So once the UN steps in behind Taiwan, China's occupation will end.

While that being said, as far as I can see, there isn't going to be a ww3 for the chinese unless some country decides to interfer with our (chinese) interest and what happens in North/South Korea is their business not ours.
    Wouldn't China's interest's extend to places such as Iran, where they have huge oil/gas deals in place, if the US were to attack?

If the US attacked Iran, then the precious oil/gas that China needs (And their demand probably grows more and more daily) will disappear. The fact is, most wars (Involving at least one of the major countries) affect the entire world as we are all intertwined with each other.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by TrevorK
    Wouldn't China's interest's extend to places such as Iran, where they have huge oil/gas deals in place, if the US were to attack?

If the US attacked Iran, then the precious oil/gas that China needs (And their demand probably grows more and more daily) will disappear. The fact is, most wars (Involving at least one of the major countries) affect the entire world as we are all intertwined with each other.
    Yes Iran provides energy security for most of Asia. Same with Iraq. They were about the sell oil to everyone but US just right before the invasion. US can't have that, espeically it'll lower oil prices and forces OPEC to match.

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

I doubt UN will back Taiwan, because UN was never there for Taiwan in the first place....

As for the fact that China~{!/~}s interest in IRAN oil, as long as some one is providing them the oil, it doesn't matter if it is IRAN government, US government or some other government, as long as some oil delivered to them when they purchase, Chinese government won~{!/~}t care much. Look at how we involved in war against IRAQ and war against terrorism, we complained, voiced our option and that~{!/~}s about it, unlike Japan, where they send forces to participate along with US.

Besides if China can't find steady supply of oil through middle-east, they might get it from Alberta instead, which works out for Albertan.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    SoupRYou

man this world is going down the drain
    with all these problems
    and cant believe US is going crazy over oil fuck
    sig kinda deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Its not a question of who and where.....its a question of when is it going to happen!!!

It can be tom or sometime in the future. It is bound to happen!

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Well heres what I know.

Lets do a little history lesson first. Before everyone thinks I'm some crazy religious nutcase, those that have met me know otherwise. And after all, part of whats going on these days can be attributed to being "holy wars".

Anyways,
    The first anti-christ was napoleon bonapart
    The second was Hitler.
    The third anti-christ will be upon us VERY shortly. He was born in Sri-lanka in late 2005, early 2006, and under the name of MUDAS. He will be a real people person, a charmer, and a great public figure for all of society. He will be end up being such a great person that people would willingly die for him. Needless to say he will recruit followers by offering endless promises. He will end up recruiting so many people its ridiculous to think of the numbers. Only then his true intentions will be revealed. WW3 will start around 2029, 2030, 2031. It will be so big that not a country in the world will be untouched by it. It will last for 29 years.

The world will be completely reshaped after all is said and done. Peace will be in the future for many centuries after WW3.

Don't ask me how I know this. I don't even care if you guys think I'm crazy. Just know that when the events happen, you will then realize what I'm talking about.

My Ride
    This and that.

WWIII can deffinately start, It could be the begining of an end!

I am not too bothered, whatever's supposed to happens is going to happen. I really don't care if all of us die, it's gonna be like that eventually anyways.

My Ride
    SoupRYou

Originally posted by DeeK
    Well heres what I know.

Lets do a little history lesson first. Before everyone thinks I'm some crazy religious nutcase, those that have met me know otherwise. And after all, part of whats going on these days can be attributed to being "holy wars".

Anyways,
    The second was Hitler.
    The third anti-christ will be upon us VERY shortly. He was born in Sri-lanka in late 2005, early 2006, and under the name of MUDAS. He will be a real people person, a charmer, and a great public figure for all of society. He will be end up being such a great person that people would willingly die for him. Needless to say he will recruit followers by offering endless promises. He will end up recruiting so many people its ridiculous to think of the numbers. Only then his true intentions will be revealed. WW3 will start around 2029, 2030, 2031. It will be so big that not a country in the world will be untouched by it. It will last for 29 years.

The world will be completely reshaped after all is said and done. Peace will be in the future for many centuries after WW3.

Don't ask me how I know this. I don't even care if you guys think I'm crazy. Just know that when the events happen, you will then realize what I'm talking about.
    hmm seems crazy but how do u kknow
    the third antichrist was born in sri-lanka?
    got any proof?

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Originally posted by KuruptEX

hmm seems crazy but how do u kknow
    the third antichrist was born in sri-lanka?
    got any proof?
    yes the third anti-christ was just recently born in sri lanka.
    and no I have no proof, not concrete proof anyways.

Lets just say this is all brought to you by generations of psychics, prophets, and consequential evidence. And again, I'm not religious at all. Like I said, I don't expect anyone to believe what I'm writing, just to acknowledge it when it does happen.
    Last edited by DeeK; 07-14-2006 at 01:51 PM.

My Ride
    NOTHING RIGHT NOW :(

Originally posted by DeeK
    Well heres what I know.

Anyways,
    The second was Hitler.

i dont no how u got all those dates and facts.
    but being christan i do believe that the apocalisp is coming soon. and anti-christ is already among us. his name is george w bush, hes always talking about being christan and that the war againts terroism is a holy war. from what the bible says anti christ will strike 10 areas. well 1 down iraq, next i believe he was goin for iran too. And i noticed that nature desasters are happen around us so often examples: hurican katrina, earth quake in asia, sunami. just my opion

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Originally posted by shakalaka
    WWIII can deffinately start, It could be the begining of an end!
    Maybe a long end. Don't get your hopes up anytime soon. The Earth will become un-inhabitable in the year 3704. So.. don't go rob a bank or anything hoping that it might happen soon...

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Originally posted by AzN'SKillZ

i dont no how u got all those dates and facts.
    but being christan i do believe that the apocalisp is coming soon. and anti-christ is already among us. his name is george w bush, hes always talking about being christan and that the war againts terroism is a holy war. from what the bible says anti christ will strike 10 areas. well 1 down iraq, next i believe he was goin for iran too. And i noticed that nature desasters are happen around us so often examples: hurican katrina, earth quake in asia, sunami. just my opion
    Well you are entitled to your beliefs, and I will not dispute them at all. Your thoughts are your thoughts. But I will share my thoughts with you based on what you have said.

All I know is that GWB is an idiot and I do believe that he will turn this world upside down before hes done, but I don't believe he is the 3rd anti-christ. Yes, I do believe you are correct in the fact the 3rd will be attacking 10 initial areas, I assume to grow his own territory, spread fear and havoc, and in the process recruit more people out of fear.

As far as the natural disasters, That is nothing to do with any wars or apocalypse. It is the sign of the up and coming polar tilt effect, which will happen between 2018 and 2020. Between now and then the weather, storms, and natural disasters will only increase in numbers and intensity. The ring of fire will become enraged in this time. The world map will not look nearly the same after its all done. Only to be re-shaped again by the coming WW3.
    Last edited by DeeK; 07-14-2006 at 02:05 PM.

man you guys need to relax. Conflict and wars in the middle east have been happening for thousands of years. Jews VS Muslims have been happening for thousands of years and will continue for a thousand more. This is not the first time Israel invated Lebanon either. This stuff is never ending and US, Russia and China all know this.

As for North Korea, the only country in the world has has any interest in it is China. Japan has more problems than US ever had and will bomb North Korea given the chance long before US does anything. China will not sacrifice their current economic strength over North Korea either.

No WW3 is not going to start over any of these conflicts. Putin is smart and wants into the G8. Russia will be a super power once more in due time, they wont risk anything over Iran, Lebanon, Israel or North Korea.

And regardless how stupid you think Bush is, he doesnt make decisions without 20 very intelligent advisors telling him what to do. Did the US die over Iraq? no, are they going to crumble over North Korea? nope, over Iran? nope.

Nobody on this forums knows even %1 of what really drives top tier political dicisions. Its like a chess game. While me and you and the average joe see 1 move at a time, US, Russia and China are 20 moves ahead of us.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Actually, Nostradamus said it was Mabus, which most thought could have been Mahmoud Abbas.

Then again, he has never been right about a single thing (Nostradamus).

The other wackos out there are the hoaxers known as "Bible Coders".... well, we wont even get into those fags...

there has not been a single prohpet in history that has been correct about anything. THeir statements are "Barnum Statements"... common rhetoric of even modern day psychics...

Garbage....

Seems everyone is good at hindsight and applying vague "prophecies" to modern events and saying.... that is what it meant...

But NO ONE or book has yet predicted an accurate event, person, place and time....
    Last edited by Toma; 07-14-2006 at 03:03 PM.

Originally posted by BigMass
    man you guys need to relax. Conflict and wars in the middle east have been happening for thousands of years. Jews VS Muslims have been happening for thousands of years and will continue for a thousand more. This is not the first time Israel invated Lebanon either. This stuff is never ending and US, Russia and China all know this.

As for North Korea, the only country in the world has has any interest in it is China. Japan has more problems than US ever had and will bomb North Korea given the chance long before US does anything. China will not sacrifice their current economic strength over North Korea either.

No WW3 is not going to start over any of these conflicts. Putin is smart and wants into the G8. Russia will be a super power once more in due time, they wont risk anything over Iran, Lebanon, Israel or North Korea.

And regardless how stupid you think Bush is, he doesnt make decisions without 20 very intelligent advisors telling him what to do. Did the US die over Iraq? no, are they going to crumble over North Korea? nope, over Iran? nope.

Nobody on this forums knows even %1 of what really drives top tier political dicisions. Its like a chess game. While me and you and the average joe see 1 move at a time, US, Russia and China are 20 moves ahead of us.
    Lets hope your right on your thoughts! I will agree that US, Russia, China and others are thinking about 20 moves ahead of us all! Let's hope its not WAR they are thinking about, because there has been enough people dying already! I do hate to see what is going to happen if NK does continue to test missles.....

My Ride
    You Crazy

And if you beleive in "anti christs"...

America and GWB is the only thing even close....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast