Quantcast
Searail Damage - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Searail Damage

Default Searail Damage

Searail has just done $4000 worth of damage to my BMW Just a warning to anyone out there that is considering using this unthical company .

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

details?

By unthical do you mean unethical? How is damage to your car unethical?

Mark
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-21-2006 at 10:11 AM.

My Ride
    MDX

Isn't there already a thread about this from a day or two ago?

My Ride
    MDX

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

my friend just shipped his s2000 too.. and he had nothing nice to say about them!

My Ride
    2000 Celica GT

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    By unthical do you mean unethical? How is damage to your car unethical? Were they making jokes about it's color as they damaged it?

Mark
    I think damaging his car and refusing to pay for any part of the damages is unethical.

Originally posted by slickk

I think damaging his car and refusing to pay for any part of the damages is unethical.
    Ok well in his post he said nothing about having to pay for it himself or if searail is going to cover it, only that they damaged his car and therefore they are unethical. I don't know how you could read the post any other way, and simply damaging someone's car does not make them unethical in itself unless perhaps it was intentional to screw him.

Mark

Ok well in his post he said nothing about having to pay for it himself or if searail is going to cover it, only that they damaged his car and therefore they are unethical. I don't know how you could read the post any other way, and simply damaging someone's car does not make them unethical in itself unless perhaps it was intentional to screw him.

Mark
    Stop trying to start a flame war and insult people. You know what he was trying to say. Do you people not get enough drama in your real life? Jeez...

Anyways, sorry to hear about your car dude, do you have any pics of the damage even though the other thread is from like 2 1/2 years ago?
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

Originally posted by arian_ma

Stop trying to start a flame war and insult people. You know what he was trying to say. Do you people not get enough drama in your real life? Jeez...

Anyways, sorry to hear about your car dude, do you have any pics of the damage even though the other thread is from like 2 1/2 years ago?
    Wow that is not what I was trying to do at all - just trying to understand what happened. I made a joke and it was BLATENTLY OBVIOUS that it was just a joke - thats all, it happens constantly in just about every thread I've ever read.

No, I do not know what he was trying to say - did they screw him? is in he in the claim process? did they fully pay for it but he is just unhappy with the damage? Is he unhappy about the repair job they did? I don't know any of that at all. I can't do that unless I ask questions. I apoligize to anyone who thought I was trying to start anything, but that wasn't even on my mind. I had a similar experience with the shipping companies, not searail but Autorail and I posted my story in the other searail thread. I am only interested in these stories because I got screwed bad and I want to learn more about other companies.

You need to not jump to conclusions so fast, and stop assuming all people want to do is start flame wars or arguements. There are people on here just trying to get some regular info too. Just because I throw in the odd joke doesn't mean im trying to "start a flame war" and not once did I insult him.

Mark
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-21-2006 at 01:53 PM.

My Ride
    E46M3

My Ride
    2000 Celica GT

Ok well in his post he said nothing about having to pay for it himself or if searail is going to cover it...
    Mark
    Searail does not hold themselves responsible for any damages caused during transportation. There have been several members on beyond that can attest to the fact that their car was damaged during shipment and searail refused to pay.

Paul started this thread as another warning cuz he got burned. WTF u tryin to prove?

Originally posted by slickk

Searail does not hold themselves responsible for any damages caused during transportation. There have been several members on beyond that can attest to the fact that their car was damaged during shipment and searail refused to pay.

Paul started this thread as another warning cuz he got burned. WTF u tryin to prove?
    This is almost getting funny because now there thers 2 people thinking I am trying to start something haha. I am not trying to prove anything, what would I have to prove? That I don't know anything about Searail? Thats about all I could prove to anyone. ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT HAPPENED. I had NO IDEA that Searail does not hold themselves responsible, thanks to you, I do now. I can't learn unless I ask questions.

Alot of you guys are way to aggressive on here, I'm just asking questions as the answers are not in the original thread, and I did not know that Searail does not take responsibility for damages. If I knew all that, then yes, my posts would of been ridiculous but I don't.

My Ride
    2000 Celica GT

This is almost getting funny because now there thers 2 people thinking I am trying to start something haha. I am not trying to prove anything, what would I have to prove? That I don't know anything about Searail? Thats about all I could prove to anyone. ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT HAPPENED. I had NO IDEA that Searail does not hold themselves responsible, thanks to you, I do now. I can't learn unless I ask questions.

Alot of you guys are way to aggressive on here, I'm just asking questions as the answers are not in the original thread, and I did not know that Searail does not take responsibility for damages. If I knew all that, then yes, my posts would of been ridiculous but I don't.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I did not know that Searail does not take responsibility for damages. If I knew all that, then yes, my posts would of been ridiculous but I don't.
    Put it this way. My 2G Eclipse had the big Supra-like rear wing that came on 2G turbos. When I went to pickup my car in Calgary I did a walkaround with the guy there and the passenger side of the spoiler was crushed and little white fiberglass particles were all over also the car was dirty so you could see a fresh, long scratch on the passenger side that rubbed out the dirt as I expect the damage was done when they were taking the car off for delivery to the local depot in foothills industrial park as the fiberglass particles were so fresh. I was immediately pissed but the guy assured me that they would take care of it so we did a claim and I submitted bodyshop estimates & pics. I got a letter back from their Vancouver office a couple of weeks later saying that they had declined to pay as it falls under their disclaimer of not being responsible for minor 'dents & scratches'. $1600 damage minor? These guys do this to everyone. They know that you have to go to Vancouver courts to sue them and since most of their customers are from other parts of the country it won't be worth getting a lawyer and travelling to and from Vancouver. This is why they will not pay for any damage as they know they can get away with it 80% of the time so they play the odds. It's almost criminal. The owner/manager even taunted me and dared me to take him to court. I said I'd take him up on his offer face to face and he got all scared and called the cops and It's a good thing that the Vancouver police warned me to stay away as I may have done something bad to him.

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

VERY EVIL company

seen 2 911's damaged by these butchers and they refuse to cover their neglegance. one car had the a-arm mounts ripped out of the chassis- guy nearly jumped the divider into oncoming traffic on Blackfoot Tr first time he used the brakes 2 blocks from the sufferage house where he picked it up --$4000

the other was a 964 and they used the lifting pads as tie downs.(the tie down point is inches away from the lift pad) all 4 were ripped out as well...$1200.
    ninja trainers motto

always be able to kill your students