Quantcast
MR2 Head Unit Upgrade Wire Harness Q's - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: MR2 Head Unit Upgrade Wire Harness Q's

Default MR2 Head Unit Upgrade Wire Harness Q's

Picked up a double din deck today for my MR2. My MR2 has the factory premium stereo system with Toyota's 14/15 pin plug. Does anyone know what wires are for what or where I can buy the adapter male/female plug kit? I went to Futureshop today but the dude there sold me the wrong adaptor kit.....sold me the one for the standard toyota sound system NOT the premium need help? Please and thanks.

My Ride
    changes every year

sorry to say, you will not find one. ive been looking for over a month and nobody even knows what im talking about. ive done all my own stereo work for like 8 years and i even did my own amp setup, but i couldnt be bothered doing the deck this time. im getting mine hard wired in on Thursday, i suggest you do the same if you want warranty for things gone wrong in that situation...

Thanks for the info. Yeah i looked around and can't find anything for it Think i'll have to take your advice and take the car over to wherever and have them wire it up for me. Damn premium system.

Any suggestions on where to go and how much it would cost? Most places i checked out said i'd have to have the factory amps bypassed and re-wired......

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

There is a thread in the stereo section on the mr2oc of a guy who found a UK online shop that has a harness to make an aftermarket deck work with the premium system. Let me know if you decide to order one and Ill get in on that.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    changes every year

^^ya so far thats the only way ive found as well. but im taking mine in to Visions itll cost about 50 bucks for everyhting...

visions quoted me $100 for everything due to t he premium syste. said it had to be re-wired.

Not a big deal i guess.....i ended up building my self a harness with RCA's and installed my deck lastnight. Looks and sounds HOT!!!!!!! Making your my own harness only cost me $25 with all the wires, male and female connectors and RCA connectors. Done and Done .

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    visions quoted me $100 for everything due to t he premium syste. said it had to be re-wired.

Not a big deal i guess.....i ended up building my self a harness with RCA's and installed my deck lastnight. Looks and sounds HOT!!!!!!! Making your my own harness only cost me $25 with all the wires, male and female connectors and RCA connectors. Done and Done .
    dude, i think well have to get together so you can show me what i have to do to get it done. i have everything i need...let me know if thats cool...

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

dude, i think well have to get together so you can show me what i have to do to get it done. i have everything i need...let me know if thats cool...
    yeah dude that's cool with me. Just let me know when and where and we'll meet up. Harness I built works great and the best thing is I just spliced it into the exisiting factory harness so i didn't have to cut and chop anything. All the speakers work including the factory sub too!!!!!!!