Quantcast
Electrical Engineering Jobs? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Electrical Engineering Jobs?

Default Electrical Engineering Jobs?

Anybody know of companies in Edmonton and Calgary hiring junior Electrical Engineers (EIT positions?)

Having a hard time finding anything at the moment...

Mandeep

You and me both man. People keep telling me things should pick up in Sept. Either that or say you did Mechanical or something.

Yeah I have a friend from Montreal that's been looking for an Elec EIT job for over a year in Calgary. Hasn't had any luck but mind you his English aint that great and he plays video games all day, but still...it's frickin' CALGARY!

Good luck guys. Comp.Eng here.
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

http://www.epcor.ca/Careers/Opportun...Gen-488-06.htm

http://www.epcor.ca/Careers/Opportun...ist-460-06.htm

not sure if that helps...

at enmax we contract a few companys for planning and engineering but i can't think of the names off hand but i will find out...

^ thanks, ive seen these posts last week, only thing is they require a few years of experience.

the technologist positions are a good start as well, ive applied to that last week as well

thanks for the help though

My Ride
    99 Civic Si

wow, and i thought i was the only one, i've been looking for awhile and i'm finding that unless you've got contacts or referrals then your screwed,

but if anyone knows or can help us out with finding a position in an engineering firm, please lend us the hand

My Ride
    Toyota

oh man
    makes me worried
    if so many electrical engg's are having a hard time finding jobs.

did any of u guys do internship? and i thought the market was really good right now

i just finished my internship and am returning for 4th my year
    good luck guys on getting jobs

My Ride
    99 Civic Si

well for me, i tried the co-operative education/internship/practicum, but was unable to find a position.

i just find it hard trying to get a junior/eit position, i've been looking however just haven't had any good luck,

some of the positions i'm seen need or are asking for 3+ years experience, or need certain certificates, appega member/professional engg status.

Try SNC Lavalin.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

my wife is an electrical engineer. When she finished university, she went to work for SNC Lavelin and then over to Bantrel.

After a year she started getting head hunted for the big Oil companies.

Seems like the EPC companies like to hire the fresh new graduates and work them to bone with boring work......

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

http://www.altalink.ca/Default.aspx?DN=86,2,1,Documents

they are looking for engineers in training.

Hey,

Fourth year EE here at the U of A. If any of you have placepro accounts there are a ton of jobs on there for new grads (around 18 different companies hiring).

Just out of curiosity, why are you guys having so much trouble finding a job? I graduate in December of 2007, I was expecting it to be relatively easy to find a job (especially in Alberta) until I came across this thread. Also, how important are grades as opposed to work experience to employers looking for new grads?
    Last edited by suranga; 09-18-2006 at 02:00 PM.

the company my dad works for. He's project manager @ Jacobs engineering.
    I know hes looking for civil, electrical engineers. you can apply online, and itd also be good to go hand one in personally.

I was just talking to one of my prof's at SAIT and he said there are jobs everywhere, just have to know where to look.

He mentioned that a company that he works for specifically told him to keep his eye out for current students that show some ability, specifically with PLC's but either way, the point is that there are many jobs if you know where to go.

He said if he were to continously update his resume on Monster so it goes to the top of the pile, he'd be getting tons of calls. Though that is with years of experience, but it'd be a good start. Better than nothing.

Like I said in another thread, there is no labour shortage - just a common sense shortage. These days, human resources departments are run by braindead knuckledraggers with degrees in basketweaving that wouldn't know a good candidate if they were being bludgeoned to death by one. Instead of filling positions, they're too busy dreaming up stupid interview questions, like anyone gives a fuck. Meanwhile, they are holding up production, forcing everyone to work OT and costing companies millions of dollars while they waste oxygen warming their cubicles.

My Ride
    2010 Toyota tacoma + 2009 Yamaha r6

I work for canadas largest distributor to those companies like enmax epcor snc lavalin...I was talking to a guy from Fortis Alberta and Valard Construction. Those two are both looking for people.Do you want to do the line work? or what not. Send me a pm i might be able to get you a job!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by fast&dangr
    Like I said in another thread, there is no labour shortage - just a common sense shortage. These days, human resources departments are run by braindead knuckledraggers with degrees in basketweaving that wouldn't know a good candidate if they were being bludgeoned to death by one. Instead of filling positions, they're too busy dreaming up stupid interview questions, like anyone gives a fuck. Meanwhile, they are holding up production, forcing everyone to work OT and costing companies millions of dollars while they waste oxygen warming their cubicles.

You gotta get the actual people in that discipline interviewing you. In that case they just shoot the shit with you and tell you what you'll be doing
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer