Quantcast
Need Healthier Breakfast Ideas - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Healthier Breakfast Ideas

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Default Need Healthier Breakfast Ideas

So I currently eat 2 eggs, 2-4 slices/pieces of bacon/breakfast sausage, and sometimes 2 slices of toast for breakfast. But after today, it felt like my arteries instantly clogged up because of all the fat from the bacon/sausages. I'm lactose intolerant, so cereal is definitely outta the question, and I'm not a big fan of oatmeal. Any other ideas out there? Keep in mind, I only leave myself about half an hour at the most for cooking AND eating in the mornings.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Buy Lactade or whatever. I have cereal all the time and I'm lactose intolerant as well. Or soy milk if you can handle the shitty taste. Instant poragies are a life saver for me. Fruit salads + eggs and toast wouldn't be bad either.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    02 GTI(rip) 03 jetta 1.8T on 19's

breakfast is very; important the human body needs protein early in the morning. I say keep eating what you are but maybe cut down a bit on the bacon, sausage and eggs and eat more fruit for breakfast.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

I don't have a big breakfast. I usually go with a cup of OJ and a bagel with cream cheese, and a fruit.

get the chinese soya milk its way better @!

I'd say instant oatmeal with two tablespoons of cottage cheese and a banana cut up and mixed together. Nutritious, high in protein, and filling.

But you do'nt like oatmeal.

And you're lactose intolerant.

Fruit and whole grains would be the way to go.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Thanks for the help guys! I do admit though, I need more greens in my system. I'll try some of these ideas for tomorrow. As for the Lactaid suggestion, I find that it tastes somewhat too sweet for milk, which just doesn't seem right. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it?

Originally posted by core_upt
    I'd say instant oatmeal with two tablespoons of cottage cheese and a banana cut up and mixed together. Nutritious, high in protein, and filling.
    And as much as I despise Oatmeal, this does sound rather good. I just might have to try that sometime too.

Any other ideas though that don't require too much prep time? I can get rather lazy in the mornings.
    Last edited by mo_money2supe; 09-18-2006 at 05:51 PM.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Fruits and cereals (breads, etc) are two really good breakfast ideas. Find high protein fruits like bananas, slice, and have on a piece of multigrain toast. Good carbs, good fats and good protein, plus I think it tastes awesome. Also, lean pork sausage with an egg is also good. Just keep a high amount of protein and carbs for your body to use during the hard moments of the morning when it's still booting up. A light snack ~10-11 is a good idea, like an apple or a bowl of strawberries or something like that, just something with natural sugars and such to keep your body going. A good lunch is important too, as that gives you the energy for the rest of the day. A light snack every 3 hours or so between meals really helps me get through the day
    Geek

My Ride
    MKV GTI

I like getting a honey/oat/fiber type cereal and instead of milk using yogurt.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Default Re: Need Healthier Breakfast Ideas

Originally posted by mo_money2supe
    So I currently eat 2 eggs, 2-4 slices/pieces of bacon/breakfast sausage, and sometimes 2 slices of toast for breakfast.

Fuck man, anything is better than what your eating right now. Thats so excessive.. try eating an apple and a banana or something. The best thing you can eat is fruit in the morning. Or at least HALF what your having now.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    it has wheels???

why not try cutting it down to two eggs, 2 slices of lean back bacon and a slice of unbuttered toast??? maybe a fruit salad/cottage cheese mix??
    "Could you please turn down your car"- Ben

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

As for the Lactaid suggestion, I find that it tastes somewhat too sweet for milk, which just doesn't seem right. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it?
    Yeah it is sweeter but I've gotten used to it, been drinking it for awhile now and don't notice it, I tried regular milk one time by accident and thought it tasted like crap! It's all relative. CUT DOWN ON THE GREASE! Unless you're hungover or bombed, in which case, is a life saver at 3:00am at Denny's
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Yeah, I know I have to cut back on what I'm eating now; honestly, when I just think back to how greasy the frying pan was this morning... My family already has problems with high cholesterol, I don't want to be the next statistic down my family line. I guess that's what happens when you're no longer living at home and have mommy making a proper breakfast for you.

As for the fruits/veggies in the mornings, does jam on toast count? I will start looking into more fibre and protein along with fruits/veggies in the mornings though. Thanks again everyone!

Feel free to keep the ideas coming though...

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Whole grain Waffles = T3h w1N!! Good for ya and still taste good. Put the fresh fruit on the waffles. Use honey not syrup and take a scoop of Whey protein. Have a glass of Oj if ya want and you set! Side note - Rolled Oats, slow cooked the night before with blueberries/raspberries with honey in the morning is pure sex.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

1 cup yogurt mixed with 1 cup granola. Its my favorite breakfast

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

Default Re: Need Healthier Breakfast Ideas

I'm lactose intolerant, so cereal is definitely outta the question

I had been doing the soya milk and cereal ( a mix of Nature's Path Heritage Muesli and Heritage whole grain flakes ) for ages , but have recently switched over to Rice Dream as I just don't trust the soya beverage makers . I once read that the soya bean is one of the highest genetically modified crops out there , so I've switched to the more organic , brown rice approach . So far I love it ( I'm having it right now ) and like anything new , it does take a short while ( or few times ) before you get used to the taste . Don't discount cereal out of your brekkie because of the milk , it's a great source of fibre , and is a excellant part of a nutricious breakfast .

Cheers

Have you tried Tayo as a milk substitute?

Its made from potatoes and is supposed to be pretty good. You can get it at Safeway IIRC.

My Ride
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2003 CBR954RR/81 KZ1000LTD

A couple whole grain rice cakes with no preservative peanut butter and a banana. It's what I'm eating right now!

My Ride
    BlackN16's

If you go to shoppers, safeway or really any pharmacy for around 10 dollars you can get a bottle of lactose enzyme pills. I use them everytime I eat milk/cheese, 4 pills a time *VERY lactose intolerant, find what works for you...* and I'm able to eat anything, milk, cheese, yogurt, ect.

They really work, so giv'er a shot, because you probably forget how amazing milk is... I went without a drop of milk or cheese for 2 months, when I finally had some milk I was in heaven.

Why not make breakfast burritos (With whole wheat tortillas)?

If you're really strapped for time, you can make them and freeze them ahead of them.

You can put virtually anything into them, such as peppers (Which have a very high nutritional value).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast