Quantcast
Question for any Police Officers - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question for any Police Officers

Default Question for any Police Officers

Do Police Officers have the descretion to issue an additional fine, if you pull someone over, and they choose an unsafe place to pull over?

for example: 52nd Street Northbound, a speeder in a Honda stopped in the middle of the right hand lane. There was a side street 5 feet in front of him!!!!

So, not only could he have gotten his vehicle off of a busy street, but he was making it very unsafe for traffic that was attempting to turn.

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

dont u hate those fuckers that stop in the middle of the road, especially when its busy? shit i always put my hazards on, give em a friendly wave and pull into the nearest safe spot

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I watched my friend get pulled over north of 16th, he had the common sense to pull over into the bus lane stop :P

I have friends and family that work as professional drivers, and they were trained to find a safe 'marshalling area' to do quick check on their trucks.

But think about it, where do you think the term 'marshalling area' came from? IMO, it comes from people pulling into a safe area, when the marshall wanted to talk to them?!?!?!

It makes sense to get off the road when its safe to do so. Even if its just a matter of courtesy for the officer, and the morning traffic that is trying to get to work.

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

No such ticket unfortunately, and yes people do the craziest things when the emergency equipment on a Police car is activated.

9/10 the officer will activate his equipment to initiate a traffic stop where he/she feels its safe to do so. We have lots of flashing lights that warn motorists where we are. As soo as you see the lights on, pull over, if its unsafe the officer should just simply tell you to move.

I was pulled over on Anderson West, just off of Deerfoot where there's a soft curb and a wide section of dirt. I pull onto the dirt completely OFF the road. The officer ends up parking his truck across a lane of traffic and the first thing he did was ask me "Why the hell you up there when the road's down there?". Before I could even open my mouth he asked for my cards. Made me furious at the time.

Originally posted by Traffic_Cop
    No such ticket unfortunately, and yes people do the craziest things when the emergency equipment on a Police car is activated.

9/10 the officer will activate his equipment to initiate a traffic stop where he/she feels its safe to do so. We have lots of flashing lights that warn motorists where we are. As soo as you see the lights on, pull over, if its unsafe the officer should just simply tell you to move.
    what about a generic ticket like "undo care and attention"?
    Would that hold up in court when the driver has done something extremely stupid like the example I posted?

My Ride
    My wife crazy!

Originally posted by Watcher

what about a generic ticket like "undo care and attention"?
    Would that hold up in court when the driver has done something extremely stupid like the example I posted?
    I wish!!!!!

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Is it frustrating to try to drive around a busy street, when you've been called to an emergency?

Example, On a 4 lane, divided street here in Red Deer, full of cars for about 150M (red light), a police car was trying to get through the traffic, but there was no where for people to pull over. It took them about 4-5 minutes to navigate through.

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

i got yelled at by a cop because i pulled into a parking lot, the home depot lot by chinook, he says when i pull u over you stop, then he made me do a breathalyzer and wouldnt let me get back in my car, tshirt, -25,standing for 10 minutes outside=pissed off theken and no ticket cause i wasn't doing anything wrong or drunk

Originally posted by theken
    i got yelled at by a cop because i pulled into a parking lot, the home depot lot by chinook, he says when i pull u over you stop, then he made me do a breathalyzer and wouldnt let me get back in my car, tshirt, -25,standing for 10 minutes outside=pissed off theken and no ticket cause i wasn't doing anything wrong or drunk
    Why do all the cocks hang out in that area?

My Ride
    Honda

Sometimes the offending vehicle doesn't have the option of choosing where he receives his ticket(s).

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-31-2020 at 05:19 AM.

All you have to do is say "Yes sir, I will do that, but I was only thinking about your safety"

My Ride
    2000 Prelude

I got the lights flashed on macloed, so i signalled and pulled over into the next parking lot and the cops claimed i was trying to run away, they came out with their guns, asking me to put my hands up in the air, i was amazed at how pulling over in a parking lot means you are trying to run away?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

^ They just wanted an excuse to play with their guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by jcrules99
    I got the lights flashed on macloed, so i signalled and pulled over into the next parking lot and the cops claimed i was trying to run away, they came out with their guns, asking me to put my hands up in the air, i was amazed at how pulling over in a parking lot means you are trying to run away?
    I would have gone to media.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Put on your hazards next time.

probably a lot more to the reason why the vehicle was stopped.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

If they dont like where you stop they simply tell you to move
    Last edited by 69cougar; 01-01-2007 at 12:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast