Quantcast
Homeland - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Default Homeland

Just finished watching the first season in a few days. I was hooked and couldn't stop watching. The acting is amazing. Claire Danes is phenomenal and Damian Lewis is great too. I recommend giving the pilot a try if you haven't watched it. It's going to be a long wait until next fall.

Also Sleeper Cell is another similar show that used to air on Showtime which is worth checking out.

Dammmmmmmmmm!!!! It's Dick Winters.......Thats enought to make me watch it RFN!!!

In all seriousness I need a replacement show as so many of the ohne I liked are done!!

My Ride
    05' Accord LX-V6

Sleeper cell was one of those hidden gems I found a few years back. Pretty awesome, and thanks for the "review" on Homeland. Caught the season premier but never got around to the rest of the season. Can't wait to finish it now haha

My Ride
    Harley Nightster

Loved every minute of this show!

My Ride
    Harley Nightster

+ Dick Winters wife is

Show is complete propaganda supporting the domestic war on terror with the biggest cop-out ending since Gilligan’s Island. No wonder Obama called it one of his favorite shows. Yes the cover-up of the school bombing was a mark against a few individuals but simpletons will be diverted to that instead of catching on the more subtle nuances of the propaganda behind what the CIA was doing throughout the show. Watched it all hoping there would be some intellectual justification at the end but there was no pay off. Good acting though.

My Ride
    GTI

Lewis is a great actor, if you like him watch "Life." One of the best shows I've seen, unfortunately it got cancelled after the 2nd season I think it was.

I thought this series was 10/10, second only to Breaking Bad in the ones I've seen recently. Can't wait for S02.

I'm 5 episodes in... on the fence. It feels like a really watered down version of 24.

I think I'm going to throw in the towel...

Spoiler:
    What is this shit? She fucks him, they go to some dive bar and now they're going to her cabin? Is this a soap opera? I turned it off right after that pool scene at the bar with the neo nazi... brutal

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    I think I'm going to throw in the towel...

Spoiler:
    What is this shit? She fucks him, they go to some dive bar and now they're going to her cabin? Is this a soap opera? I turned it off right after that pool scene at the bar with the neo nazi... brutal
    Spoiler:
    That part was terrible. I kept hoping she was just using CIA spy techniques to take advantage of him and get closer to find more info. Instead she kinda does that but really does fall in love with him at the same time. Very lame. There were so many things that could have been going but ended up being busts. Especially the entire part where somebody slips the guy the razor blade and Saul fails the lie detector. Would have been awesome if it were some huge complex conspiracy inside the CIA, instead, another cop-out. Disappointment only keeps mounting the more you watch and keep holding out for some awesome story development and it never happens.

Anyone watching season 2? It's 3 episodes in already quite good IMO. I'm enjoying it more than SoA, Dexter, or Walking Dead.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Yeah, I haven't watch Ep.3 yet, but the whole series is great.

SuperGeo and BigMass, you're forgetting one of the most integral parts of the story line, her bi-polar'ism. She's literally a fucking nutcase.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Anyone watching season 2? It's 3 episodes in already quite good IMO. I'm enjoying it more than SoA, Dexter, or Walking Dead.
    Thank you for bringing this up, I didn't even realize they went ahead with S02. DOWNLOADING NOA!

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Watched epi 3 tonight finally. Interesting to see where they go with this.

Spoiler:
    I half think the CIA refuses to rehire Carrie due to her being bi-polar, which will totally blow her mind after the ep. 3 ending.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by colsankey
    Watched epi 3 tonight finally. Interesting to see where they go with this.

Spoiler:
    I half think the CIA refuses to rehire Carrie due to her being bi-polar, which will totally blow her mind after the ep. 3 ending.
    Spoiler:
    why do you only half think? I am pretty sure that is the ONLY reason they don't hire Carrie back, nothing to do with her screwing with whatshisnuts

Yesterday's episode was awesome, I love the way the show is going.

Spoiler:
    With Broadie arrested though, I'm wondering what other avenues the show can take for future seasons because the show focuses almost entirely on him. Good to see Carrie back with the CIA though. Being told she was right all along was probably the best thing that could happen for her development.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Spoiler:
    With Broadie arrested though, I'm wondering what other avenues the show can take for future seasons because the show focuses almost entirely on him. Good to see Carrie back with the CIA though. Being told she was right all along was probably the best thing that could happen for her development.
    Spoiler:
    What evidence do they have on him? Do they have PROOF he was wearing the suicide vest? Yes, he made a video, so what?? I don't think you can arrest people based on their thoughts, which a video is nothing more than. He may get away with it yet. Or the VP may shit can everyone to keep it from getting out.

I always find it interesting that people assume tv shows should continue forever. 4 seasons is a pretty good run IMO, so really, if it makes it past season 2, I'd be content. Of course, it could also be like the Jack Bauer/24 hour thing. He doesn't have to be the only bad guy. And nobody is saying she is permanently rehired by the CIA, she is still a f*&king bipolar nutjub.

True, I'm not sure what hard evidence they have. That video proves that there was at least a plan though. My guess was that somehow the charges don't stick, but who knows. They will probably have to get more evidence from the Abu Nazir side of things.

The writers for that show do such a good job I'm not too worried where they take it, or if they end it after 2-3 outstanding seasons.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni38967050/

BOOM. Renewed for Season 3 already, faaaaaaaawk yea!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast