Quantcast
So I thought I'd invite you to a New Years Party Beyond... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: So I thought I'd invite you to a New Years Party Beyond...

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

Default So I thought I'd invite you to a New Years Party Beyond...

I've been on Beyond for a long time. I used to be here a lot more when I was working at a call centre. One of the reasons I quit was because they stopped allowing us to come here. Anyway, I quit there three years ago and started a band to take a shot at music... now I'm in atleast a couple in various capacities...

The original project is "The Rondel Roberts Band". We are a "neo-soul" band that borrows from our variety of influences. The genre just illustrates that it's backbeat/groove based music with motown/funk/jazz/blues sensibilities on top. We all listen to bands like The Mara Volta, Radiohead. We are recording an album and have been gigging around Calgary a lot.

The Unicorn Pub asked us to do a New Years Party and I wanted to invite you guys out. There's two more artists on the bill. I'll attach some descriptive stuff below. It's right on Stephen Ave. it's only $10 bucks and it's a lot of great Live entertainment.

• NEOSOUL NEW YEARS •

The Unicorn Pub and TRRB Present

• The Rondel Roberts Band •
    • MELVINA •
    • Sammy Jean •

|• LIVE! •|

New Years Eve at The Unicorn Pub on stephen ave

The Only Urban Party in Town w. LIVE Music ALL NIGHT !

neo soul | throwback | boom bap | dancehall
    | cali g funk | new jack swing | reggae | cocaine 80's | gritty sixties | hip hop | juke box | pop | dance | dj on breaks | trap | lo fi

RSVP

https://www.facebook.com/events/1509412189338085/

Sammy Jean

Sammy Jean is a singer/songwriter based out of Calgary, Alberta. Her songs echo her experiences and impressions of the bitter, the sweet and the "everything in between" of the wandering heart. Beautiful tone with a bold sound, Sammy Jean has often been described as "moving, intriguing and inspiring."

MELVINA

Reminiscent of the sound of the legendary record label, “Motown”, “MELVINA” offers an audience a modern interpretation of throwback and contemporary dance music. They cover pioneers like Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Prince and Marvin Gaye while incorporating avant garde selections from modern chart toppers and the odd rare gem.

“MELVINA’’s performances promise melodic elegance, harmonic sophistication and rhythmic style.

The Rondel Roberts Band

“The Rondel Roberts Band” is a neo-soul band from Calgary, Alberta. “Neo-soul” is a broad facet of music that borrows from a variety of classic and modern genres such as Motown, Post Bop Jazz, Hip Hop and Funk. “The Rondel Roberts Band” is a groove/backbeat oriented project with contemporary original content and a variety of timeless influences. The band offers audiences authentic interpretations of these influences with performances that adorn Reggae, dancehall, pop and even some 60’s rock music.

Tube driven guitar tones, “sweet spot” bass lines, pulsating drums topped with sultry vocals are characteristics that draw listeners to TRRB’s profound songwriting and masterful soundscaping.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Also, Anyone who likes the Unicorn should make sure to get over there soon, as they are closing in 2015, June I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

They are moving at the very least, hopefully not closing. The Unicorn has awesome NYE parties and great bands. I missed last year so I'm due back

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

^ we did the one last year with TRRB, MELVINA and Nikki Valentine and the Gypsy Ryders. It was pretty dope. We hit capacity at 10:30 and ended up going super late and kept the floor full all night. Partially because I put on some trap mixes while we tore down. The Unicorn is a great place to play!