Quantcast
Snowboarding Season - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowboarding Season

Originally posted by CivicTunr
    ^^ yah they never ask for id, and if just for safety put your money in your pocket, instead of wallet, and when they ask, say you dont have your wallet on you.

also i was at cop, today, for my level 1 snowboard instructor course, haha i looked at the park and woah is all i can say.
    okay cop, if you are going to try and even compete with the mountains at least have a decent park, look louise had a shitty opening park last year, but that doesnt matter, they arnt in calgary and isnt a shitty mountain, when you go to a mountain you ride the mountain not the park all day so it shouldnt really matter. So open up a decent park, so people dont waste their time there.

p.s to any of the park riders with your XXXL jackets that are half zipped down, and pants down there ass, stop kidding us, and zip it up its -20. also i dont tell you your shit is gay, i may think you look stupid, but i dont say it to face. so dont say my neckwarmer is gay. p.s most of you suck at riding anyways.

oh yah and mazda_maniac, 20$ for one run? have you ever been to cop?
    34$ for one run.
    Are you talking about the park that is running with a magic carpet? that is just the progression park i.e. some gay opening park.

COP's real park is usually skiers right of the quad on the right (i forget the name) and it usually doesn't open to late december. Last year didn't even open till like the 27th of december or something.

And they never know how to build jumps but the rails are cool and usually the pipe is alright. For 20 minutes from your home and night riding.. i definately think its great lol.

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

yah but for whats open 34$ is fucking steep,

like when sunshine and louise dont have everything open
    it was 37$ at sunshine opening and 25$ at louise,
    this is for youth which my friend bought, i have a season pass.

so lets see, no park, no left side, one run. heck even MT norquay only charged 20$ for one run. and its a longer run.

and cops opening park last year was better, it had 2 little kickers 1 box, 1 rail, and a 1/4 wall-ride, the wall-ride was fun cause we built a jump on the side of the 1/4 pipe, to bs across. the whole top of the 1/4 pipe.
    but stupid park riders got mad, cause we took up a little bit on the right side of the 1/4 pipe. so they couldnt attempt to blunt stall to face plant on the right side, or look stupid attempting to spin a million 180s on it and scraping all the snow down it.

Lol oh i see your saying the quality for $34 bucks then yes i agree with you haha.

Cop is pretty outrageous for $34 bucks but then again i never pay or if i do i go on wednesday nights when it's 10 bucks after 5.

My Ride
    2001.5 Audi S4

Was at Louise on Wednesday. The snow was amazing and so was the weather. I don't think it dipped under 5 below all day and most of the runs were open.

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

yes louise has a good opening year, ive been 6 times already and havent complained, much better snow this year than last.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by CivicTunr
    yes louise has a good opening year, ive been 6 times already and havent complained, much better snow this year than last.
    Holy shit 6 times? Thats wicked.

Shitty deal for me dudes. I was stoked to go this weekend. First, i was planning on going up thursday night, staying in canmore, then going friday and saturday. I couldn't find anyone that wasn't busy with school or could get work off, so I decided to work today.

Then, I was going to go just saturday. I've kind of had a headache and been feeling like ass recently, but I felt good enough to rip it up. I went to the Doctors today and my sore ass throat is Tonsillitis. I am choked . Its been snowing all week in banff

I HAVE to test out my new board next week or I will cry

BTW thanks for the reassurance with the cards... thats what I thought. This is the first time i've decided to get more than one. You wouldn't think they would be too strict with discount cards when people are using other ppl's seasons passes every day heh
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Eclipse

Still havn't gone out this year...

Looking back at my pictures from a few years ago, like 3 years ago.. I had some tricks up my slevees that I would not try now hahaha

I have no idea how I used to do that..
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    89 Colt Turbo

COP report went all day today, theres ramps n stuff right beside newbie spot(magic carpet)...during the day snow is decent is like soft ice....at night mostly ice....patches od powder from blowing snow

half pipe not dun
    either is the trick park up top
    if u get bored u can watch skeleton

n there r still half zipped xxxl /w low pants punx tthere

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

^^ yah i went to cop today too, it was fun to fool around, feel sorry for anyone who paid for a lift ticket haha. the 3 kickers were good for spinning 3's and 5's and the occasional forced 7.

My Ride
    ST205

What is this 10 bucks on Wed night for student thing?

I can't seem to be able to find it on their website

Anyone going to Louise this weekend? I already bought passes and I'm hitting it up this Friday with some peeps..I'm so stoked, can't wait!!

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

Originally posted by bonnieclyde240
    Anyone going to Louise this weekend? I already bought passes and I'm hitting it up this Friday with some peeps..I'm so stoked, can't wait!!
    louise is so good, great opening season, wont be disapointed.

also they dont have the 10$ student thing, just go in and ask.

Originally posted by Artega

They never ever advertise it last 3 years vibe 98.5 would usually just have an advertisement for it on the radio and if you go there and ask them they give it to you.

My Ride
    my bike

Originally posted by Artega

It's 2 tickets for $25 this year, and its on wednesday or thursday nights. The other night being co-op night for $15

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Went to louise today. it was pretty good, they could use a good snowfall though. Some areas there were rocks and it got icy towards the end of the day. Theres some pow of the sides of runs.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

Louise was DOPE! The black diamond runs and the terrain park were fun. The only thing I didn't like were those mogul bumps, they took a toll on my legs, but was it worth it. We blazed half way through the day and that made the ride even better . We used the free day of our pass, so 2 trips to Nakiska then we get another free ride at Louise. My body is still throbbing 2 days after, can't wait to go again!

My Ride
    06 civic coupe EX

nakiska wasn't that great the opening weekend, too much ice. I wiped once because there was a huge block of ice in the middle of a run... didn't see it until it was too late... fuking hell
    You drive a manual, you only steer an automatic!

My Ride
    ST205

Fernie was Awesome this weekend
    I could not ask for better weather

almost a feet of powder of Thursday night and still snowing on Friday morning
    had the best time of my life

and you could use your louise card too

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Went to Sunshine on Saturday. There was a lot of snow, and it was actually sunny! The only problem I had was i brought my board in to get waxed, and they did a shitty ass job or something since it was super slow. I had to avoid some runs that were flattish or had too much snow because i would get stuck!

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by Seanith
    Went to Sunshine on Saturday. There was a lot of snow, and it was actually sunny! The only problem I had was i brought my board in to get waxed, and they did a shitty ass job or something since it was super slow. I had to avoid some runs that were flattish or had too much snow because i would get stuck!
    shit man, i was there on saturday too... it was dead empty and good conditions, too bad i was hung over as fuck

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast