Quantcast
VIP Junction Produce Southern California Meet - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: VIP Junction Produce Southern California Meet

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Sweet ride, Zephyr, but cut down on the angle of the shots! You're breaking my neck here!

On a different note, that xB looked completely out of place.

My Ride
    SRT

am i the only one who thinks this VIP and EXEC crap is just some more pretentious, wanna be shit? i mean yeah the cars are nice, and it's obvious they are only modding expensive cars, but fuck, that's all they're doing, MODDING CARS... and it's hardly anything original... big rims, tint, bodykit and lowering... WOOOOOPTIE DOOO... you see that on almost every car on the road, so what's so special that it deserves a whole new category all to itself?

i'm not dissing the cars or the people modding/enjoying them... i'm making fun of how you're all suckered in with fancy marketing jargon and believe you're part of this distinct subculture people have been pimping expensive cars for DECADES, but hey, just coz the asians have finally caught up it must be new

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Originally posted by riceeater
    am i the only one who thinks this VIP and EXEC crap is just some more pretentious, wanna be shit? i mean yeah the cars are nice, and it's obvious they are only modding expensive cars, but fuck, that's all they're doing, MODDING CARS... and it's hardly anything original... big rims, tint, bodykit and lowering... WOOOOOPTIE DOOO... you see that on almost every car on the road, so what's so special that it deserves a whole new category all to itself?

i'm not dissing the cars or the people modding/enjoying them... i'm making fun of how you're all suckered in with fancy marketing jargon and believe you're part of this distinct subculture people have been pimping expensive cars for DECADES, but hey, just coz the asians have finally caught up it must be new
    It's how the market is.

VIP or "bippuu" in Japan has cultural backgrounds thats why it's big in that country. It's been seen as a Yakuza thing for many years. It's usually associated with being high enough in society that you are driven around in expensive luxury cars and they are designed to stand out and be different, yet they have to have a strong powerful message to show a high social class. It is a cultural thing, even the knots I have on my car have huge cultural backgrounds behind them. My Fusa Kiku knot (the white one) is an old symbol that shows you are from the Osaka prefecture. I chose that over the Agemaki knot because I've been to Osaka and that's where a good friend of mine resides. These knots the Fusa and the Kintuna are usually only seen on Yakuza cars and is now translated into the VIP/EXE culture.

I've been to Japan once and I was taken around by a friend that showed me different lifestyles when it came to cars, and this one he did show me, as he had some friends in linked to them. Yes it is a huge cultural thing. So don't go bashing something you don't understand. Even after talking to Mr Junction Produce himself, he won't make a kit for my car because it isn't true to the culture and they value the origin of this tuning greatly to not sway away from it.

Yea modifying luxury cars isn't new, but this is the Japanese way to do it, and it's different from European ways of modification.

Just like with the current drifting trend, even though it's a trend here, it also has a big part in Japan's society. But in reality, in different parts of the world people have been power sliding for ages, but it's a different take by a differen't country.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by Zephyr

It's how the market is.

VIP or "bippuu" in Japan has cultural backgrounds thats why it's big in that country. It's been seen as a Yakuza thing for many years. It's usually associated with being high enough in society that you are driven around in expensive luxury cars and they are designed to stand out and be different, yet they have to have a strong powerful message to show a high social class. It is a cultural thing, even the knots I have on my car have huge cultural backgrounds behind them. My Fusa Kiku knot (the white one) is an old symbol that shows you are from the Osaka prefecture. I chose that over the Agemaki knot because I've been to Osaka and that's where a good friend of mine resides.

I've been to Japan once and I was taken around by a friend that showed me different lifestyles when it came to cars, and this one he did show me, as he had some friends in linked to them. Yes it is a huge cultural thing. So don't go bashing something you don't understand. Even after talking to Mr Junction Produce himself, he won't make a kit for my car because it isn't true to the culture and they value the origin of this tuning greatly to not sway away from it.

Yea modifying luxury cars isn't new, but this is the Japanese way to do it, and it's different from European ways of modification.

Just like with the current drifting trend, even though it's a trend here, it also has a big part in Japan's society. But in reality, in different parts of the world people have been power sliding for ages, but it's a different take by a differen't country.
    wow... is kinda like a triad tatoo.... you gotta be respected before you can be even considered....

anyhow... not all of them are just rims, spoilers, bling wheels and slammed.... some of them have like TT-V8... i wouldn't consider those just "wooptie dddo...."

My Ride
    Stock 240sx fastback SE

cali vip still sucks, nothing in comparison to japan. These cars are missing the following:
    superstreched useless ballon tires
    savage camber
    proper vip wheel sizing and fitment.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by SpoonEK9
    cali vip still sucks, nothing in comparison to japan. These cars are missing the following:
    savage camber
    Ya VIP japan is nuts..-40 offsets on a 10inch wide rim...Cali is all North America really has for a VIP scene right now though other than the odd one that you see here in AB thats been imported. That guy in the silver GS is totally biting Danny's style.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Ya VIP japan is nuts..-40 offsets on a 10inch wide rim...Cali is all North America really has for a VIP scene right now though other than the odd one that you see here in AB thats been imported. That guy in the silver GS is totally biting Danny's style.

pfffft what do YOU know about VIP...I saw you in a Sera haha...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride

Originally posted by SpoonEK9
    savage camber
    VIP isnt that old here. most cars here do run stretched. we cant cheat like you guys by importing a japan vip car thats street legal lol. soon canada will be the same with vip when cali first started.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

awesome post Zephyr!! Good looking cars

Look forward to seeing your 07 mods!
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    BMW E86 M Coupe

That GS is hot. Love it.

VIP is hate it or love it. Sort of like the europeans styling of tire strech, hate of love affair as well.

Zephr are you on Clublexus? My pops is, same sn, he has a modified SC430.

Love what you've done to your IS, care to unveal what you have next?

Mike

My Ride

Originally posted by herragge

That GS is hot. Love it.

VIP is hate it or love it. Sort of like the europeans styling of tire strech, hate of love affair as well.

Zephr are you on Clublexus? My pops is, same sn, he has a modified SC430.

Love what you've done to your IS, care to unveal what you have next?

Mike
    Yea I'm on C-L as well, same handle, but caused some drama due to shady vendor there, so I don't post much, then again not many good people post much too. lol

I'm waiting on my kit, it's suppose to be released during Tokyo Auto Salon, so I'm told a February estimated release. Also trying to pick out my exhaust..so far it's between Greddy, Fabulous or Borla....

My Ride
    BMW E86 M Coupe

I would recommend getting your kit from Carson Toyota. They were excellent when they shipping my dads SC430 Auto Couture full bumper kit from Japan. Was good on communication and good service from the staff there. Sort of got nailed on some taxes but I was reading here on beyond that you can send it to a warehouse in Sweetgrass, Montana and drive down a pick it up to reduce shipping charges.

CL is a good forum, but a lot of them are not as informed or as knowledgable. But thats the nicest forum that I have ever joined in terms of people willing to help you.

Post pics when you 350 has your kit!

Mike

My Ride

Originally posted by herragge
    I would recommend getting your kit from Carson Toyota. They were excellent when they shipping my dads SC430 Auto Couture full bumper kit from Japan. Was good on communication and good service from the staff there. Sort of got nailed on some taxes but I was reading here on beyond that you can send it to a warehouse in Sweetgrass, Montana and drive down a pick it up to reduce shipping charges.

CL is a good forum, but a lot of them are not as informed or as knowledgable. But thats the nicest forum that I have ever joined in terms of people willing to help you.

Post pics when you 350 has your kit!

Mike
    Yea..the shop that I'm running their plates is getting my junk for me hehe. Carson toyota is cool, but I'm loyal to shops that have been helping me out, plus they give me great prices. If your dad needs anything I can help ask, they can probably beat Carson toyota's price. Any other rare parts I go through Fujitsubo's containers, they pick it up for me at Japan and I piggyback on their containers overseas. I can't wait for the kit! I've been holding back on spending money because of it, I hope it's all worth the work and wait!

CL is a good forum, unless you look into the 2IS section. Lots of idiots in there with too much to prove, I just troll, but I post once in a while. I wish they would all just chill and stop flaunting their junk and nailing everyone down..

You have pics of your dad's SC? Sounds nice! I know wald has a complete SC430 line for sale out of the factory. So nice!! I <3 wald!! hehe

My Ride
    '02 AP1, '06 IS250, '10 RX350

Nice 350 Zephyr, I can't wait to get a lip kit and exhaust for my IS250. What do you got for drop? I'm using DF210 off a GS430

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

back from the dead, just found the thread while googling, super nice, wish there was more vip scene up here, anybody doing vip here?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by Prelude_dude
    back from the dead, just found the thread while googling, super nice, wish there was more vip scene up here, anybody doing vip here?
    Yes lots.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2