Quantcast
Carerra GT straight piped - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Carerra GT straight piped

My Ride
    C5 Z06, sr20 s13, 05 Cummins

Originally posted by hussein

You're going to have to come up with better lines than that if you want to be in FF4.
    No thanks, Im about the last person on earth who wants anything to do with those movies.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by canadianskyline

Drifting teaches you car control, how to choose a line, how to carry speed and be smooth, how to heel/toe and in general how to be a better driver, just like any other motorsport.
    drifting teaches you the slowest line, the worst way to carry speed, nothing about being smooth (clutch kicks are smooth?), and in general the slowest way to run a lap.

My Ride

Originally posted by b_t

drifting teaches you the slowest line, the worst way to carry speed, nothing about being smooth (clutch kicks are smooth?), and in general the slowest way to run a lap.
    Any of the skills learned during drifting can be adapted to other forms of motorsport. That's all im saying. Obviously drifting isnt the fastest way around the track, that's not the point.

The point is that it gives you seat time in your car, you know your cars limits, you can choose A line through a course that allows you to carry a maximum amount of speed while being in a drift.

Obviously your not gonna run the same line when your gripping a course as opposed to drifting, arguing that point at all is like beating a dead dog.

I dont think you can argue with the fact that any seat time in your car while being at the limit of handling/drifting/traction/braking/whatever makes you a better driver all around. I drift, autocross, drag race, whatever i can do, and i know that every bit of time i spend on the track makes me a better overall driver, any idiot can tell you that.

Funny how I went to a Skip Barber Racing School (i know their schools arent as coveted as others) and the instructors found it a very crucial part of the course that people knew how to control over and understeer, important enough, that we spent hours on a skid pad, inducing over/under steer and then correcting it.
    Last edited by canadianskyline; 11-19-2006 at 09:50 PM.

Originally posted by b_t

Guys like Rhys Millen that came from other branches of racing can drift because they have intense car control skills which they acquired while learning how to be fast; drifting doesn't teach you car control AND how to be fast.

Guys go from JGTC to drifting when they get old more often than drifters go to JGTC
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

My Ride

Originally posted by 962 kid
    drifting doesn't teach you car control
    You really have no clue do you...have u ever driven a car on a track before??

That's the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard....
    Last edited by canadianskyline; 11-19-2006 at 10:00 PM.

You really have no clue do you...have u ever driven a car on a track before??

That's the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard....
    oops, that came out wrong haha. Wrote that while watching tv. I meant, it teaches you car control, but not so much in a way that is useful in racing
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

My Ride

Originally posted by 962 kid

oops, that came out wrong haha. Wrote that while watching tv. I meant, it teaches you car control, but not so much in a way that is useful in racing
    So being able to control oversteer is not a useful tool when pushing your car to the limit in timed racing?

Being able to heel and toe is not useful in timed racing?

Clipping apex's/being able to drive a desired line is not useful in timed racing?

Drifting is more than just sliding around a course randomly. There is a specific line that a driver should be able to take if he wants to be competetive. Line is a huge part of drifting, if someone can take a desired line around a drift course, why can't they adapt that skill over to timed racing, but the prefered line for that discipline?

Knowing the limits of your car is not useful in timed racing (when your going to lose traction)?

So being able to control oversteer is not a useful tool when pushing your car to the limit in timed racing?

Being able to heel and toe is not useful in timed racing?

Clipping apex's/being able to drive a desired line is not useful in timed racing?

Drifting is more than just sliding around a course randomly. There is a specific line that a driver should be able to take if he wants to be competetive. Line is a huge part of drifting, if someone can take a desired line around a drift course, why can't they adapt that skill over to timed racing, but the prefered line for that discipline?

Knowing the limits of your car is not useful in timed racing (when your going to lose traction)?
    controlling oversteer has very limited use in racing, so while it may be useful in some undesirable situations (again back to drifting being the slowest way around the track) it is definitely not as important as eliminating oversteer completely by being able to drive smoothly at the limit of the tyres - something drifting doesn't require nearly as much as racing (if at all)

heel and toe - a minor skill that is used mostly to reduce wear on transmissions, not to be faster. You do know that Petter Solberg doesn't heel-toe right?

clipping apexes and being able to drive a desired line is different while drifting. I'm sure you know that driving a car sideways at the limit is very different than driving at the limit of the tyre's grip

you say that any time spent driving a car at it's limits will be beneficial and while that may be true, you can only go so far with that logic. If you practice nothing but drifting, I can guarantee that you will not be very successful in any other form of racing
    Last edited by 962 kid; 11-19-2006 at 10:48 PM.
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Also....what makes u say i cant drive....you havent seen me drive....dont be a dick....

Wow you got judged in the same manner that the CGT driver got judged and you got all defensive...

So I did what you did and I got called a dick??...

Pot...kettle...black...

AND THIS??

You know what this made me think of...edited to be more fitting...

"Driftings, drifting...for those 32 seconds when I am dori-dori, clutch-kicking, drift braking, oversteering, and fish-tailing nothing matters...Ask any drifter, any real drifter he'll tell you whether touge, or off ramp, dori is dori..."
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

How the hell did this turn into a debate? Honestly from the video it looks like he was gonna spin out, accidents happen, so do rich people with little driving skill. How will we know? I KNOW! Argue on the internet about it!

My Ride
    reebok Jams

Relaxo!!! Cmon guys, i trust anyones judgment who is a drifter that has REP behind them. It DOES take ALOT of skill to drift because if it DIDNT why doesnt everyone just go and do it? and why do Pro's end up crashing too! We cant really JUDGE how skilled the driver is in the porsche but to SOME Of us he looked a little less skilled than he should have and to some he looked just fine!!! TO me he looked a little immature, who opens up the spoiler from stand still? its not effective until 100+Kph anyway.

he definatly show boated and looked like he almost lost it, and Stop trying to act super tough over beyond.ca whats the point! no one is flaming anyone out just take peoples critizism lightly and comment on the video... haha

Anyway, we should make a POLE!!!!

POLE POLE POLE!! hahah

1) Who thinks the guy doesnt know how to drive and almost lost it
    2) who thinks he did fine and drove regularly
    3) who thinks the car sounds good which is the point of the thread
    4)non of the above.

RIDES: 94' EH2: Sold, 98' DC4 sold, 93 S13 sold, 93 S14 the lead sled

1992 Honda EG6 SiR for sale!:ONLY! $4900.00Message me for more info!

My Ride

Originally posted by EK 2.0

Wow you got judged in the same manner that the CGT driver got judged and you got all defensive...

So I did what you did and I got called a dick??...

Pot...kettle...black...
    No, i saw the guy drive....from what i saw he was not good.....

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

here it the cgt on top gear just watch how much they struggle controlling it

My Ride

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    AND THIS??

You know what this made me think of...edited to be more fitting...

"Driftings, drifting...for those 32 seconds when I am dori-dori, clutch-kicking, drift braking, oversteering, and fish-tailing nothing matters...Ask any drifter, any real drifter he'll tell you whether touge, or off ramp, dori is dori..."
    Give me a break here, most FF guys think drifting is just driving within 2 lines of pylons while sideways...it takes a lot more skill than that is all im getting at ......

My Ride
    reebok Jams

well iam at 6:30 and i have seen no problems yet... tick tock 6:48 he spins out attempting to drift (over steer) 7:00 high speed launch no side to side what soever.

8:20 video is over, i dont see him strugling excessivly...

sleep time, Canadianskyline no worries i know where its at. even though i do own a FWD haha. good luck with the thread all.

RIDES: 94' EH2: Sold, 98' DC4 sold, 93 S13 sold, 93 S14 the lead sled

1992 Honda EG6 SiR for sale!:ONLY! $4900.00Message me for more info!

Nice sound.

The first 26 seconds of the video was a waste of bandwidth.

Edit: I'm referring to the original video.
    Last edited by FiveFreshFish; 11-20-2006 at 12:41 AM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by jdm_eg6
    well iam at 6:30 and i have seen no problems yet... tick tock 6:48 he spins out attempting to drift (over steer) 7:00 high speed launch no side to side what soever.

8:20 video is over, i dont see him strugling excessivly...

no problems? it took him all day to be able to make it around the one corner on the track they also sayed that the car was not forgiving at all did you watch it without sound or something?

It sounds like a pissed off robot.

^ i totally agree, most of it was intro stuff

Default best super whip exhaust note?

That sounds like music, even with the stock exhaust it does. So what's it gonna be for best super whip exhaust note?

Zonda F
    Enzo
    CGT
    F50
    F40
    Mclaren

And that dude is a good driver for the recovery which comes with that power and drive setup, not that he was even otta control, it wasn't much diffrent than pit exit except prolly way different tire compound..lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast