Quantcast
Best time to buy a bike? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Best time to buy a bike?

Default Best time to buy a bike?

I'm a complete beginner and am thinking of getting a bike for next years season. I'm looking into taking a course in the spring/summer. But what I'm wondering about is the best time to buy a bike. By the time I'll be done my course it'll already be the beginning of the season and I'm guessing thats when the prices are highest. I can't buy right now because I don't know the first thing about riding them. Am I pretty much stuck until I finish my course in the spring/summer? How hard will it be to find a bike then?

Where are the best places to look for used bikes? I've been looking around for a starter bike, preferably someting with 500-650cc like a ninja or sv650, but most of the bikes I've found are liter bikes.

buy a used bike privately to start with, and don't buy the biggest and fastest bike out there. You're smart to take a course before you take your bike out and whatever you do don't drive it without proper licensing.

Usually the best deals on bikes are to be had in March and April. After April the weather gets better and the prices rise with demand. Do your homework before you buy your bike, make sure you get the right one.

My Ride
    Eclipse

The best prices are in Sept / Oct, because winter is coming, and most people would rather sell the bike before winter...

March / April is the most expensive time, as the bike season is starting up, most people that didn't sell there bikes in sept / oct end up keeping it.. Demand is high for bikes, but the supply is low...
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Interesting seeing as how I worked in the industry for many years and May is when the prices jump... maybe my 15 years in the industry were wrong...

My Ride
    FG Civic

Private sale, bikes are cheaper during the end of the season going into winter. But for new stock, late feb, march are great times. Blackfoot always has a huge sale at that time too, and was suggested to me by a salesperson there when I went in to look for a bike last fall.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by strategis7
    Interesting seeing as how I worked in the industry for many years and May is when the prices jump... maybe my 15 years in the industry were wrong...
    he said that the prices were the most expensive in the spring.

I would buy a private bike, because the first time you drop it, and you will drop it, will be a heart break.

Like everyone said get a 500 or a 6, dont go any bigger. you want to be happy with your investment for a few years, but you want to live for the first few years too.
    Cos...

My Ride
    06 Civic / 03 CBR600RR

Default How much money do you have?

Well, it all depends on what u wanna spend. If your going to buy brand new than spring is good to get the newest stuff if you want to spend the cash.
    Since it's your very first bike, you should buy used and private, and the best time for that would be towards the end of the season before winter.

Let me know how much you want to spend!?!!

My Ride
    dulls my senses

If you wanted a new one they have 06 ninja ZX-6Rs at bow cycle for $9000 right now which is about 3000 under sticker. But id say for the first bike get an 02 or 03 or something. Cause it will be dropped.