Quantcast
Wedding Destination Opinions? Mayan Riveria - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Need opinions to which is the better resort to get married at?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gran Bahía Príncipe Akumal

6 27.27%
  • Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa

10 45.45%
  • Other (please specify resort)

6 27.27%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Destination Opinions? Mayan Riveria

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Question Wedding Destination Opinions? Mayan Riveria

Ok,
    So my fiance and I are looking at places to get married in the Mayan Riveria in January 2008. We need opinions on which would be the better resort. Or if there are others that people recommend. Post also if you have stayed at any of the following. Price wise they are similar.

We are looking at two places which are all inclusive 5 star, both have access to two other resorts in the complex as well. The two we are looking at are:
    Gran Bahía Príncipe Akumal
    and
    Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa

Let me know what you think.
    Thanks
    Last edited by redevil; 11-26-2006 at 02:13 AM.

Hrmm ive at the Akumal its a great resort , decent places to eat , the beach is defiantly fun , but I noticed that it is very family family ... lots of kids running around and that can get very annoying if you are on your honeymoon...

They also have a rule for wedding couples that you have to stay a min of 3 or 5 days , something like that , but you do get a free upgrade , so make sure you phone a head of time and check that out.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

I have been to Gran Bahía Príncipe tulum (same complex as Akumal) and it is very nice! I actually went twice last year. Food was excellent, staff was nice resort was well taken care of, the only negative thing i'd have to say about the place is the 1 hour bus ride to get there from cancun, but its worth it imo. I'll try and post a few pictures I know i took one of the wedding chapel thhing

My Ride

Originally posted by Lanks
    I have been to Gran Bahía Príncipe tulum (same complex as Akumal) and it is very nice! I actually went twice last year. Food was excellent, staff was nice resort was well taken care of, the only negative thing i'd have to say about the place is the 1 hour bus ride to get there from cancun, but its worth it imo. I'll try and post a few pictures I know i took one of the wedding chapel thhing

Hey that would be great!

Grand Palladium looks like it would be more enjoyable for guests and such that may be coming (more to do)... and for that reason I would say there.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Gran Bahía Príncipe Akumal has the most weddings in all of the carribian i forget how much, but its around 300+ a year.. when we were down there, they were having 2 weddings a day...
    It was on the beach, facing the ocean, or by the big resturant, by the pool...
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    1992 Pathfinder, 1990 VG30DETT

I went to Gran BahÃ_a PrÃ_ncipe Akumal for a wedding two years ago, and it was the most beautiful wedding ive ever been to. Afterwards i remember saying "if ever get married, id love to do it here". Not one complaint about this resort.

My Ride
    2001 BMW 320i

I wonder how much all that is going to cost.... lol

but Gran Bahía Príncipe Akumal seems to be the best in my
    opinion.

Steve

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Peninsula.html

Trip advisor isnt always 100% accurate but it's a pretty close indication of what you're going to get. I've used it on all my trips and it is fairly accurate.

I went to a beautiful wedding in Mexico on Isla Mujeres this past summer and it was so stunning. The destination was just insane, they brought in white white sand (the sand on Isla Mujeres, Cancun, and Playa del Carmen is pretty white but its a touch beige). There was a cascading waterfall in the pool, beautiful gazebo. Blue still water, a dock w/ candles, it was so beautiful I can't even begin to describe it.
    We had a resort in Playa del Carmen that we stayed at and everyone travelled to Isla for the wedding then returned back to their hotel.

My Ride

Originally posted by BebeAphrodite

Trip advisor isnt always 100% accurate but it's a pretty close indication of what you're going to get. I've used it on all my trips and it is fairly accurate.

I went to a beautiful wedding in Mexico on Isla Mujeres this past summer and it was so stunning. The destination was just insane, they brought in white white sand (the sand on Isla Mujeres, Cancun, and Playa del Carmen is pretty white but its a touch beige). There was a cascading waterfall in the pool, beautiful gazebo. Blue still water, a dock w/ candles, it was so beautiful I can't even begin to describe it.
    We had a resort in Playa del Carmen that we stayed at and everyone travelled to Isla for the wedding then returned back to their hotel.
    Thanks for that link.

http://www.palaceresorts.com/Wedding...ntro_split.asp

My niece had her wedding here, it was fantastic.

Kritafo

My Ride

So far we are leaning towards the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa

We are trying to go over the pros and cons about both...

hummmm

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by redevil
    So far we are leaning towards the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa

We are trying to go over the pros and cons about both...

hummmm
    I think i lost my mayan Riviera pictures, but i will try to post some in here, come to think about it, i made a thread about the hotel or cancun when I came back..

Edit:

Heres my link
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...ghlight=cancun
    Last edited by Kobe; 11-30-2006 at 10:00 PM.
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride

Originally posted by Kobe

I think i lost my mayan Riviera pictures, but i will try to post some in here, come to think about it, i made a thread about the hotel or cancun when I came back..

Edit:

Heres my link
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...ghlight=cancun

Hey that was the Akumal resort right? Nice pictures! What did you think of that resort, were you there for a wedding?
    Last edited by redevil; 11-30-2006 at 11:18 PM.

My Ride
    MDX

The biggest problem with the gran bahia properties in the mayan riv. is that the complex is so huge, most of the rooms are quite a distance from the beach. I would rather have something right on the beach personally.

We had our honeymoon in the Mayan Riveria at the Eldorado Royale. INo complaints, posted a bit about it in this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=101436

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by redevil

Hey that was the Akumal resort right? Nice pictures! What did you think of that resort, were you there for a wedding?
    Yah, if you go for the honeymoon they will transfer you to the Club Dimond suites most likely, which all overlook the ocean, It doesnt look great, we were on the edge of the resort, but still did have an Ocean view..

http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img5036zu.jpg

No we just went right after the hurricanes hit cancun.. There was 1 or 2 wedding every day, there is pictures in the link, where you could have the weddings held..

The only bad thing about the resort, was that the "nightclub" was a 5min taxi ride from most of the rooms, but they do run all night, so it wasn't that big for a problem.. and they are free.

Originally posted by jdmakkord
    The biggest problem with the gran bahia properties in the mayan riv. is that the complex is so huge, most of the rooms are quite a distance from the beach. I would rather have something right on the beach personally.
    The only thing I didn't dislike aswell was that it was so huge, biggest hotel we have ever been at... We were on the beach tho...

Just need to be a club Dimond member..
    Last edited by Kobe; 11-30-2006 at 11:43 PM.

My Ride
    Treg/B7

We stayed at the kantenah which is also part of the palladium..There are 3 big resorts with 4 lobbies. We went at the end of august and had no complaints at all... The food was great and changed a lot every day. They also had a lot of seafood. The buffets always changed and where great everyday for breakfast lunch and dinner also the fancy restaurants where very nice aswell. I have no idea how their wedding stuff is as i didnt see any. The resort is huge and as others have said it sux to have a room that is far but this resort has a train that goes around to every lobby and picks people up. So it is easy and decently fast to get around. As far as walking if u decide to walk i think i would take about 10 minutes from one end to the other which is not bad and the paths are very nice. The people working there are also great and very nice. Also there are dance shows every night and they have a "fun team" which does activities with the guests on stage like a show/contest thing every night. The show is different every night and also quite funny they have the disco which was not amazing when we went cause not that many people went to dance so it wasnt busy. We really enjoyed our stay at this resort and driving through other resorts while droping and picking people up on activitie days and going to the airport we didnt really see any we liked more than ours...I guess if you have more questions about this particular resort pm me.
    Last edited by Rarasaurus; 11-30-2006 at 11:48 PM.

My Ride

after looking at the Akumel site and the pictures of their rooms, I think that the White Sands resort had a nicer rooms and more room options.

The Akumel has I think only 1 room type with no upgrades available.

We wanted to stay away from the Cancun style hotels where everything was side by side. But I have stayed at a resort that was soooo large that we had to walk lots. Not too bad since it will be all-inclusive...more reason to eat lots! hehe

we stayed at the iberostar paraisio del mar (sp).... great resort, you would not be disapponted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast