Quantcast
this the season? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: this the season?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Default this the season?

i know its not me since a few other people i have talked to are kinda feeling the same way.

but this years christmas just doesn't feel like the good old time. i remember driving around the city when i was younger and if you didnt have christmas lights on ur house then it was considered strange. now it seems like theres 1 or 2 houses in an entire community that have lights.

i remember all the christmas commercials that used to be on tv i dont think i have seen a single one this year and as for christmas movies. i remember they used to play on tonnes of different stations leading into christmas.

or maybe its the fact that for the first time in 3 years, im alone for christmas (relationship)

i dunno. it just doesnt feel like the good old times to me
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Sentra

theres only like 4 houses in my cul de sac and for the entire block leading up to it that has lights. its odd indeed coming from a small town. almost no one has lights up.

this year really does NOT feel like a usual xmas.

I agree, I'm not really "in the mood" as much as I would be. I've barely seen any stores or houses decorated this year compared to others. I think the lack of snow has a little bit to do with it too.

My Ride
    2009 Mitsu Lancer, 2004 Triumph Daytona

dont allow that to ruin your christmas though! Still living in a small town almost everyone on our street has lights up. Its true though, hardly any christmas movies are out this year, and no one in the city decorates... Movies like Elf really make you enjoy the season.

My Ride
    2001.5 Audi S4

Don't worry about what everyone else is doing. I know what you mean about the "Christmas spirit" but create your own spirit by decorating your house to the tits on the inside and spreading Christmas cheer.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I was actually commenting on this... it's not even the lack of lights... it's the lack of snow to me... Christmas is getting up in the morning and going outside and freezing your balls off... Going skating down in bowness, or downtown, not inside @ the oval... It's going sledding, even though you know your too old.

It just feels like... corporate... "Crap I need to buy a present for so-so because they're buying me one..." not like buy one because you want to... It seems almsot surreal this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

frostyda9 Guest

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    It just feels like... corporate... "Crap I need to buy a present for so-so because they're buying me one..." not like buy one because you want to... It seems almsot surreal this year.
    Amen. Like Adam C, I'm not with my girl this Christmas, or even my family for that matter. It doesn't help the radio stations keep bombarding you with "get out there and finish your Christmas shopping!" I'm not even a practicing Christian, for fucks sakes. There's no snow, hardly any decorations, and we're constantly being told how we're bad people if we don't go max out our credit cards buying shit for people.

I loved Christmas when I was younger, but the older I get, the less it seems like a religious holiday, and the more it seems like a corporate event.

My Ride
    Sentra

Well I did jump on a boogie (sp?) board today and go down a hill a few times. I drove out to BC for this xmas and they have snow out here!

It was fun, its much nicer now with snow.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Every single house on my street is decorated, and more shops than last year hands down were saying "Merry Christmas". I was in Banff a few days ago and it was Christmas Mecca!

Be down about it, if you like, but Christmas is about seeing the things inside you and spending time, not money, with loved ones. Overlook the Corporate Holday if you will and look for it's roots, it's still there. Trust me

Happy Holidays Everyone!
    Travel

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by frostyda9

Amen. Like Adam C, I'm not with my girl this Christmas, or even my family for that matter. It doesn't help the radio stations keep bombarding you with "get out there and finish your Christmas shopping!" I'm not even a practicing Christian, for fucks sakes. There's no snow, hardly any decorations, and we're constantly being told how we're bad people if we don't go max out our credit cards buying shit for people.

I loved Christmas when I was younger, but the older I get, the less it seems like a religious holiday, and the more it seems like a corporate event.
    Exactly... I was raised secular catholic/christian (just to believe in god) and am now just an atheist. I see this as a time to see my family, but instead I get more hours at work because "i'm not at school" so because they're short staffed, I get the short end of the stick. I live with my dad and my mom lives about 3 blocks away, and I see my boss and regular customers more than I do both of my parents together.

This is hardly a religious holiday, the only thing good about it, is because my store is so specialized, I can get away with "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy holidays"

I'm sure that if everyone wasn't in such a crunch to get shopping and such done, it'd be more enjoyable.

Oh well, family party tonight, been doing it forever, so hopefully this'll put me in a more seasonal mood.

Merry Christmas all!
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

I feel the same way. Maybe it is due to the lack of snow?

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by Ben
    Every single house on my street is decorated, and more shops than last year hands down were saying "Merry Christmas". I was in Banff a few days ago and it was Christmas Mecca!

Be down about it, if you like, but Christmas is about seeing the things inside you and spending time, not money, with loved ones. Overlook the Corporate Holday if you will and look for it's roots, it's still there. Trust me

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Wholeheartedly agree with Ben's statement.
    ...@therealarifjina...

Christmas is what you make of it! Don't go max out your credit cards to get presents for anyone! Buy what you want or what you can afford to buy.

Put lights up on your house and don't worry about others! If you have the Christmas spirit then everything around you will feel better to you!

We can't all have or be where we want sometimes in life, but if your heart and mind is in the right place, it will make it easier on you to enjoy!

I love Christmas, but have refused to allow anyone to preasure me into charging or going into debit this year for anything! The joy I have will come from spending time with the family and getting ready to make changes to start the new year.

The hardest part of Christmas this year is letting go of memorys to move on to the new year..... But remember that you don't have to buy something material to give a present from the heart to a person.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a safe and wonderful New Year!

Allende

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by frostyda9

im trying to get in the spirit but its hard this time around..
    as for no girl. well u can refer to a different thread for that reason.. maybe i was just so used to having someone to be with on christmas day that wasnt friends/family. u know?

im glad other people are enjoying this time of year.. maybe next year will be better.. im already looking forward to the new year and what it will bring but i think this years holidays is a write off for me
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Earlier today, I was outside shovelling gravel with my shirt off and sweating aplenty. It sure doesn't feel like Christmas here either
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Default Re: this the season?

Originally posted by adam c

but this years christmas just doesn't feel like the good old time. i remember driving around the city when i was younger and if you didnt have christmas lights on ur house then it was considered strange.
    I think it might be the difference between the magic of Christmas you remember from when you were young. It is certainly different when you are an adult. Now you are the one who has to make it magic! Calgary is growing pretty fast as we all know and alot of people/familes that come here aren't Christians and don't celebrate it or decorate theirs homes. Maybe that's why it feels like that.

PS I think that each of us has to do what we can to MAKE it feel like Christmas. Like so many other things in life, we can't depend on others to provide us with happiness.
    Last edited by R!zz0; 12-25-2006 at 08:15 AM.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by Ben

Happy Holidays Everyone!
    +1

My Ride
    1994 Volvo 854T 5spd

either way, merry xmas to all of beyond ><