Quantcast
garage heater questions - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: garage heater questions

My Ride
    yugo

I never said they were $400, I said they were $400 LESS than the $1180 one you are offering. I also did not knock your product in any way. As a matter of fact I think it is very good, and so do the many others that have them. But many people will purchase your heater because they don't know of a similar offering elsewhere. I'll admit it wasn't easy to find but through some searching, I did. After a comparison of the material make-up, warranty, and reliability, it would appear to me that these are equivalent to what you are offering. I cannot speak for the reliability and effectiveness of this unit as I have yet to install it, but when I do, I will give a full report of how I feel about it.

I am quite aware of the idea that you get what you pay for. I am also aware of the fact that just because it costs more doesn't mean it's better. And that is why I did alot of research into this whole heater idea. If you have more than 80% of the contractor is town, I find it a bit strange that I called 3 right out of the phone book and 2 of them had never heard of Calcana and the other one didn't do work for you guys on a regular basis. Maybe that was a fluke but it seemed strange to me.

Perhaps you guys are the only distributors in Western Canada. This unit is not made in Calgary and that probably adds to the reduced cost, since we all know that the Calgary wage market is inflated right now due to the economy, and that causes prices of products to uincrease as well. I would prefer to support a local manufacturer, but not at a huge cost to myself.

I can understand there being a difference of a few hundred dollars on a product, especially when people don't always know of alternatives out there. Your company advertises quite a bit so people think you have the only product available. Good job on your part for capturing the market. However, I have a hard time believing that you can justify a $130 price difference on a small fresh air kit. It's basically a couple pipes and flange for the wall. The comparison between $70 and $200 is quite huge for a product that does the same thing. It's not like you're EVER going to wear that thing out so I doubt that one would be far superior to the other.

The other thing that bothered me is that I picked up the phone and called Calcana to get a price and some info on the heater I was after, and the price was the same as the "group buy" you are offering here. So how are you really helping everyone out with such a geat deal when i can get the same one by picking up the phone and talking to 'Joe Bloe Salesman' on the other end? That was what got me looking into things a little further. Had that not happpened, I would probably have your heater in my garage right now.

I appreciate the fact that you are a supporting vendor here, as I'm sure many others who now have your heater appreciate it. But to those of us who don't have a heater yet, I'm just saying to look a little harder and you might save yourself a few hundred bucks. to me it's worth it, maybe everyone here disagrees and if that's the case, I'll delete my posts in this thread and ask the mods to close it. Somehow I don't think that's the case, judging by the number of pm's I've gotten this weekend. I will tell you the same thing I told them, I am not going to make a recommendation on this product until I have seen it in action in my garage. Maybe 'll be the guinea pig here and it will completely suck, and I'll have to get another. If that's the case, I'll eat crow and go buy one from you, and then proceed to let everyone know that the other one sucked. If it happens to be great, I will let everyone know that as well and I guess you will have some competition on your hands at that point.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    02 Accord

^^^
    I called you out... You still havn't mentioned what the name brand is on your new heater. Where did you buy it? How much was the total cost? Tell us so we can all benefit.... As for the contractor comment. Personally I only use two fitters exclusively. The industrial division is a differant story.

Check them out if you need anything around your home done, tell em Richard sent ya and they'll probably give you a deal.

Kestral Mech 333-8393 (Kerry)
    Boyce Heating 899-7612 (Darcy)
    ask them what they think of our infrared compared to the other stuff out there. They should know, they've worked with it all.

As far as my prices go. I wouldn't have sold 20+ units on beyond if it wasn't a great deal...

For anyone else that's seriously interested in heating your garage with a local manufacturer, please PM me. I respond to all my PM's. And there is a price increase coming up. So let me know guys.

Thanks.

www.calcana.com
    Last edited by EnRich; 01-29-2007 at 12:55 PM.

My Ride
    yugo

Like I said, Iwill pass on all the information once I have tried it and can vouch for it, good or bad. I'm not trying to steer anyone for or against your product based on it's abilities. I'm simply suggesting that before people lay down over a grand, they should look around at other viable options.

I don't feel the need to contact anyone about the quality of your heaters. I think it is a good product although I feel it is overpriced at this point, and if it's going up again, as you say, then it will be more overpriced.

Just my opinion, people can do with it whatever they want. I just wonder if the 20 units you sold to people here who thought they were getting a great 'Beyond' deal, would feel knowing they could have gotten the same deal by picking up the phone and giving a call to any salesman in your building.

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).
    Last edited by cmodem; 01-29-2007 at 02:49 PM.

My Ride
    yugo

Actually, I came on here to get opinions about the Calcana in the first place. I got the feedback that I was pretty much expecting so I made a phone call to Calcana. This made me realize that the price offered over the phone was the same as the 'great deal' on here, so I dug a little further and found something that I thought was a good deal and will pursue it further. If it works out, then I'll pass on the info so others can benefit. If not, I'll pass on that info so others can stay away. For the people who are not in a hurry to buy 'right now', it may be beneficial for them to hold off. Nobody HAS to do anything. If everyone here wants to go with Calcana, that's great for them and great for Enrich. But I know that some people are waiting to hear back about my experience before they make their decision. If that's not you, fine.

My Ride
    02 Accord

See I know your kinda full of it for several reasons. i) IF you talked to anyone at Calcana, it woulda been me... I wouldn't offer you any type of discount unless you made the purchase with me right there and then. Unless wait.... Your that pussy that called in asking for beyond pricing, then after promissing me the sale, you tucked your tale between your legs, and told me you had to ask the wife.... grow some balls k, noob. You dont do that shit with ppl. esp when their salary depends on it. I give EVERY beyond member my 6% commision. What more can you ask for? If there's a deal, I always offer it to beyond first... I'm sure all 20+ ppl can vouch for me there too. Check my ratings.

BEYOND! There is not a heater out there that is better then these Calcana units... trust me these units are bullet proof; I've been in the HVAC service industry for 6 years. I'm 26 years old. The heaters I sell are of the best quality, the most effective and efficient heaters available in the industry. If ANYONE finds a better quality heater anywhere I will gladly pay for your heater for bringing it to my attention.

My patio division is currently retrofitting all the high end bars pubs and patios accross the country. We did Melrose. We did Cheers (yep the show)... BP's, Earl's, Joey Tamato's, East Side Mario's, these are all companies spec'ing us for all their future outdoor applications. Believe me the CEO's, the engineers didn't just draw our name out of a hat. They've been there, they've done that, and they've moved on to something bigger, something better, something that works. Thats Calcana.

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by EnRich
    Unless wait.... Your that pussy that called in asking for beyond pricing, then after promissing me the sale, you tucked your tale between your legs, and told me you had to ask the wife.... grow some balls k, noob.
    Holy shit buddy.

I mean, I was willing to give you a break after I read your Wendy's story, because my Dad could really use a replacement heater for the garage. Now I'm convinced you're an un-reasonable asshole.

"noob"?

LOL @ You for calling yourself a businessman

I'd be surprised if you addressed this post, since you sure didn't acknowledge my first one.
    Don't bother anyway. If I end up buying one, it'll be from elsewhere. Even if it costs me more.

*EDIT*
    No it wasn't me who called you, or ever spoke to you.
    I'm not even married. Only inquired through this thread.
    Last edited by ninjak84; 01-29-2007 at 06:19 PM.

My Ride
    yugo

I think he was talking to me.

First - Calling people a pussy is a sure fire way to get business. Did you not read where I said if this doesn't work out, I will buy from you. Everyone is tough behind their keyboard. You're making this oput to be a personal attack on you when it wasn't that in any way. Read what I typed there cowboy. I said nothing negative about you or your product, other than I thought that the price was possibly high. I also said that if the heater I get sucks, I will eat crow, and come buy one from you. Although that will likely change. For a "professional", you sure don't come across as one. i am in business for myself and no matter what the situation, I would never call a potential customer a pussy or any other name. And no, I'm not in the heater industry, but maybe I should get into it. Seems like with your customer service skills, I could probably steal alot of clients.

Second - I didn't call and whine that I had to talk to my wife before I make a decision. She has her money, I have mine. I don't make a promise I can't keep and I know I haven't promised anyone any sale. If I buy something, it is on the spot because I've looked into it beforehand.

Third - I am not full of shit and like I said, I will prove it in due time.

Fourth - not sure why I'm a noob since I've been on here for 3 years, but whatever, I guess your math may not be that great.

Finally - for the last time and in caps so you can see it. I NEVER SAID YOUR PRODUCT WAS SHITTY OR THAT ANY OTHER ONE WAS BETTER, ONLY THAT I FOUND AN EQUIVALENT ONE FOR A BETTER PRICE. Was that clear enough for you?

Holy crap man, relax a little bit. Why fly off the handle over what may or may not prove to be a little competition in the industry?

My Ride
    78 civic

Wow. Calcana would be proud of you!

See I know your kinda full of it for several reasons. i) IF you talked to anyone at Calcana, it woulda been me... I wouldn't offer you any type of discount unless you made the purchase with me right there and then. Unless wait.... Your that pussy that called in asking for beyond pricing, then after promissing me the sale, you tucked your tale between your legs, and told me you had to ask the wife.... grow some balls k, noob. You dont do that shit with ppl. esp when their salary depends on it. I give EVERY beyond member my 6% commision. What more can you ask for? If there's a deal, I always offer it to beyond first... I'm sure all 20+ ppl can vouch for me there too. Check my ratings.

BEYOND! There is not a heater out there that is better then these Calcana units... trust me these units are bullet proof; I've been in the HVAC service industry for 6 years. I'm 26 years old. The heaters I sell are of the best quality, the most effective and efficient heaters available in the industry. If ANYONE finds a better quality heater anywhere I will gladly pay for your heater for bringing it to my attention.

My patio division is currently retrofitting all the high end bars pubs and patios accross the country. We did Melrose. We did Cheers (yep the show)... BP's, Earl's, Joey Tamato's, East Side Mario's, these are all companies spec'ing us for all their future outdoor applications. Believe me the CEO's, the engineers didn't just draw our name out of a hat. They've been there, they've done that, and they've moved on to something bigger, something better, something that works. Thats Calcana.

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by sluggish
    I think he was talking to me.
    I know he was.

My comment was out of frustration that he'd rather conduct a petty argument with you than help me with a gift for my Father. That's ok though, don't let me interrupt the two of you firing essays back and forth

My Ride
    yugo

Keeps my typing skills up to speed. As you can see by the typos, I need the practice.

My Ride
    rental

Unless wait.... Your that pussy that called in asking for beyond pricing, then after promissing me the sale, you tucked your tale between your legs, and told me you had to ask the wife.... grow some balls k, noob. You dont do that shit with ppl. esp when their salary depends on it. I give EVERY beyond member my 6% commision. What more can you ask for? If there's a deal, I always offer it to beyond first... I'm sure all 20+ ppl can vouch for me there too. Check my ratings.

A sale should never be a PROMISE to a salesperson, realtor, etc... He/she should earn it. (maybe that's just me? ) Yea, the "skilled labour" part of selling is sweet talking your customers thinking they're king of the world and lock them in with your product/service/price, but it's treating every potential customer with consistent service/price/quality, that's what counts. (I'm not even agruing with EnRich here, nor talking about Calcana products; but just commenting on the comment about calling a customer a pussy cuz he just wanted a price quote, and maybe used his wife as an excuse to get out of the phone conversation)

In the summer, a roofing manufacturer call INTERLOCK (aluminum shingles) does a lot of advertising. My parents called, their sales rep was the sweetie, quickest talker in the world... and did the same: "If you sign up today, ONLY today, it'll be this price, then it'll be different tomorrow"... so based on that, we signed up for a $21,000 Aluminum roof (no shit, you guys can do your own research on these), well, then we called other conventional roofing companies and asked around... and Basically Aluminum roofs aren't really meant for Calgary weather, that plus the high cost isn't worth it. So we got a quote from a conventional Ashpalt shingle roofer, averaged from $6,500-$8,000. Wrote a letter to Interlock, and exercised our right to cancel as per Alberta contract law, 10 days of signing. Conclusion, at the time, the salesperson did his job getting us to believe his product was king shit, later on, based on WHATEVER reasons we decided not to follow through; BASED ON; better price, better research that no one in Calgary uses Aluminum shingles (on residential), based on switching to better suited products. Yea, we "broke the promise" with this sales dude, but his prices, product and fast talking service didn't fit our needs when we rationally anaylized the facts. But I don't think we're "pussies" for backing out, we just found out later (but before anything finalized) that something fits our family home better; you find me an Aluminum shingled roof in Calgary (residential), and I'll shit on their lawn.

Not starting anything with EnRich personally, but you took on a commissioned based job with the reason believed that you could make a living from YOUR skills, not potential customers inquirying about pricing, more information, etc... And clearly I doubt BEYOND is eating up ALL of your meal ticket "6%" commission. Again, not fighting with ya, or disputing with how much you should make but come on, if you don't make enough then you would had found another job, but for guilt tripping a potential customer for buying a product from you. (think someone mentioned there were 3 Calcana Sales person)

And I found this in the Bargain Finder, you can deny the ad if you want since I just "typed it in", but whatever.

Calcana Infrared Garage Heater. effective and efficient, heats 24 * 26 sqft garage, brand new cond, $750 Richard 403-993-8976

This was in the "Home Improvement" > "Tools, Home Services & Construction > Fireplaces, Heaters & Woodstoves.
    Last edited by Whitetiger; 01-30-2007 at 03:06 AM.

My Ride
    02 Accord

So let me give you this scenario. You want to buy something, a car or something. You shop around, finally find the car your looking for at a great price. You call, sales guy answers all your questions, you tell him your ready to do the deal, but ask if there's anything else the guy can do to bring down the price. The sales guy goes out of his way to lower the price for you, weather its from the manager, lowering his commision or whatever. You've promised him that if he can just get the price a little bit lower you'll go for it. So this sales guy goes out of his way to get you your deal, when it finally comes, you say that you need to talk to the wife. Sorry but thats a cowards way out for a person who has no guts to tell you the straight up truth. I dont understand why you guys feel the need to contradict yourselves either. There was a thread the other day about ppl making deals on beyond, and then never showing up for the transaction. How many of you guys would like that? How un-professional is that? Thats the same thing this guy did. He called me up. I answer all his questions, he says he's sold, and asks me if I can do anything else for him on the price. I ask him, well ok, if I can bring it down for you another 70 bucks, which is my comission would you go ahead with the deal and give me a deposit? He says yea. So I lower it. Buddy then says I gotta ask the wife, and to call him later. Never answered his phone. This guy is one of those guys that likes to shop around leading ppl on, then going somewhere else cause he can save 5 bucks. Thats why I called him a pussy. What kinda person uses his wife to get out of a conversation anyways? a pussy. You guys can try to dis-credit me all you want. But at least I stick to my word. I like beyond and all, most of you guys are good ppl, but guys like the above tick me off, something about a guy with no guts. Regardless, promotions over tommorow, and the price goes up. Sorry guys but I'll always express the way I feel like it is.

My Ride
    yugo

I don't know who you're talking about but I know it wasn't me. I didn't even talk to you when I called. Get over it.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

your an idoit buddy, your rude and your full of shit. i think i should direct your boss to this thread, see how he likes how you talked to this guy.

6% commission

we have 8 old calcana heaters here in our baking oven. they break down all the time, same as every other brand heater. were up for a replacement soon and i'll be sure to purchase else where this time around
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    78 civic

Professionals don't call customers "pussys" or "cowards".

Sluggish I sent you a PM

My Ride
    04 Skyline 350GT TT

WOW Enrich I thought from your posts in the salespeople thread and from what I saw when I met you and even your comments on used/new car salesmen. From these comments I really think you need a Code of Ethics. That is the difference between Great sale people and good sales guys is Ethics.
    Here is a link for you maybe it will help you consider your remarks and could even explain the mess one of the Grays anatomy cast is in for just a simple comment like "fag" I sure calling a potential customer a pussy for not going through with a sale.
    Maybe things changed, maybe he wants a bigger heater, you don't know what happened to your customer but regardless you should treat all of us the same. Maybe not a customer today but they will be one tomorrow. Especially, if your one that Planted the seed of a garage heater in the first place. At some point in there life time you will come up. How many times people move. Thanks for showing your true colors now I can chalk up heater salesmen with the car salesmen and all the guys at future shop and sounds around.
    Buyers can be liars. They just don’t want to hurt your feeling cause sometimes sales people have already spent there commission before they make it. That turns potential sales in your mid into cash cows. then you spend it cause it's a "sure thing" but then the customer backs out and your left without that commission $$. This is also covered with a strong Code of Ethics.
    Trader rating and trust are two different things.

http://www.dsa.org/ethics/code/

So let me give you this scenario. You want to buy something, a car or something. You shop around, finally find the car your looking for at a great price. You call, sales guy answers all your questions, you tell him your ready to do the deal, but ask if there's anything else the guy can do to bring down the price. The sales guy goes out of his way to lower the price for you, weather its from the manager, lowering his commision or whatever. You've promised him that if he can just get the price a little bit lower you'll go for it. So this sales guy goes out of his way to get you your deal, when it finally comes, you say that you need to talk to the wife. Sorry but thats a cowards way out for a person who has no guts to tell you the straight up truth. I dont understand why you guys feel the need to contradict yourselves either. There was a thread the other day about ppl making deals on beyond, and then never showing up for the transaction. How many of you guys would like that? How un-professional is that? Thats the same thing this guy did. He called me up. I answer all his questions, he says he's sold, and asks me if I can do anything else for him on the price. I ask him, well ok, if I can bring it down for you another 70 bucks, which is my comission would you go ahead with the deal and give me a deposit? He says yea. So I lower it. Buddy then says I gotta ask the wife, and to call him later. Never answered his phone. This guy is one of those guys that likes to shop around leading ppl on, then going somewhere else cause he can save 5 bucks. Thats why I called him a pussy. What kinda person uses his wife to get out of a conversation anyways? a pussy. You guys can try to dis-credit me all you want. But at least I stick to my word. I like beyond and all, most of you guys are good ppl, but guys like the above tick me off, something about a guy with no guts. Regardless, promotions over tommorow, and the price goes up. Sorry guys but I'll always express the way I feel like it is.
    Last edited by SinisterProbeGt; 01-30-2007 at 10:44 AM.

544 wrhp 555 ft/lbs torque @ 15psi

My Ride
    TSX

whoa buddy you need to relax. You've been in the sales industry for 6+ years, you should expect that this kind of stuff happens. I'm in sales myself and i make arrangements all the time but the guy backs out or doesn't show up in the end, that's life..accept it! That's what we get for being in the sales industry. Do you expect everyone that asks you about your products and trys to get a discount to buy it??? cause i sure the hell don't. Calling people a 'pussy' and 'noob' sure shows how professional you are

My Ride
    02 Accord

lol. k I'm done with this thread.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

you remind me of 90% of car sales people out there...
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast