Quantcast
Multi Vitamin Opinions - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Multi Vitamin Opinions

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Default Multi Vitamin Opinions

Hey guys,

I DID A SEARCH, before I get jumped on

this is the only vitamin thing that came back (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=162227)

I am not into heavy lifting so that thread is not geared toward me. I am a 21 Yr. Old Male

I currently take GNC's MegaMen Vitamins and am running low. To stay active I ride a mountain bike and jog. My goals are to have good overall health and loose weight. Right now I am taking MegaMen, Vitamin B&C Complex Suppliment (stress relief formula (GNC)), and CLA Suppliment.

I am not sure if I will buy CLA again or the B&C Complex.

I remember seeing a list before about how Multi Vitamins are ranked but GNC's was not on there

What do you guys suggest for a daily multivitamin for me?
    Cos...

You could see if there is something that your Dr. recommends.

I see that your not currently into heavy lifting, but if you do change your routine I would recommend Animal Pak. I got the idea from another member and after giving it a shot the results I've noticed are worth every penny.

My Ride
    03' Audi A4 Quattro

I just started Animal Pack but haven't seen or noticed any difference yet. It's pretty much what all of the weight training/body builders take. Give it a shot.

Does everybody take the recommended 2 packages a day? There are quite a few pills in a package, I've only been taking 1 package a day as 2 just seems like way too much.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

2 packs a day! Are you flipping kidding me, what a waste of money....you are literally pissing away SOME of that money ahhh what a waste.....1 pack is more than enough.

Brendan, I am also looking into a simple "topper upper" in case I didn't get enough of a few things that day, nothing serious at all. Maybe xrayvsn can chime in and suggest something for the "non hardcores"?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    You Crazy

For a multi.... probably the best common one I have seen is the Centrum for seniors.

Then I add "ACES" since nothing really has enough of those 4...

Since C is water soluble, I try to buy time release, and/or take 3 a day... the E and A are oil soluble, so try and not take too much.

My Ride
    03' B6

a good multi vitamin i find is called Progressive Multiple Vitamins and Minerals..
    you can get it at the vitamin farm or i think local health food stores..

its really good it contains a lot more Vitamin B concentrates, which supplies a larger amount of energy during the day.. there also vegetable capsules..

give em a try..

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by Toma
    For a multi.... probably the best common one I have seen is the Centrum for seniors.

Then I add "ACES" since nothing really has enough of those 4...

Since C is water soluble, I try to buy time release, and/or take 3 a day... the E and A are oil soluble, so try and not take too much.
    this list I saw on a health canada web page, ranked pretty much every multi you can get from coop/safeway at 30% effective or less. The best on there was 99% and for the love of god I forgot the name.

The B&C Complex I am taking are time release as well as my Multi.

I think I will look into this animal pack stuff, will I have any negative effects due to the fact that I am not a "For hard-core bodybuilders and strength athletes" (Taken off the webpage)?
    Cos...

Originally posted by brendankharris

this list I saw on a health canada web page, ranked pretty much every multi you can get from coop/safeway at 30% effective or less. The best on there was 99% and for the love of god I forgot the name.
    That's what a lot of people don't realize - when dealing with traditional pills the absorbtion rate is extremely low, regardless of brand.

If you want a multi with high absorbtion your best bet is to find one in liquid form.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Originally posted by TrevorK

That's what a lot of people don't realize - when dealing with traditional pills the absorbtion rate is extremely low, regardless of brand.

If you want a multi with high absorbtion your best bet is to find one in liquid form.
    where would you find something like that?
    Cos...

Originally posted by brendankharris

where would you find something like that?
    Very hard to find. My chiropractor had them in his place, but he was into some of the more hard to find stuff (Hemp hearts, etc...). I'm not sure where in Calgary you would get them (I'm in Edmonton).

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Beverly Super Mineral Pack. Its awesome. yeah you piss some Shit out, but fuck rather have to much than not enough! its only 19 bucks for a month. 9pills per pack.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Echo

You can find liquid filled gel caps at the Community Natural Foods store across the street from Chinook LRT centre. The brand is called "NOW".

I just bought one and giving it a try.
    2004 Toyota Echo

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by Darkane
    Beverly Super Mineral Pack. Its awesome. yeah you piss some Shit out, but fuck rather have to much than not enough! its only 19 bucks for a month. 9pills per pack.
    the thing is you dont have "too much". you still have "not enough" because your body couldnt absorb it in time. so, it wastes the rest.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by googe

the thing is you dont have "too much". you still have "not enough" because your body couldnt absorb it in time. so, it wastes the rest.
    It's a timed release.. Or so they say. Most of the stuff you piss is Vit.C anyway. I generally like to take Vit C every time I eat aswell.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Originally posted by Darkane
    where do you buy this stuff from?

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Echo

Has anyone heard much about "Purity's" Super Greens daily supplements? They talk about having the highest ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) compared to other multivitamins.

Purity
    2004 Toyota Echo

I suspect that multivitamins are a big scam. I'm not really sure so I take them everyday just in case. But, I only buy the cheap ones.

I don't really know much about it, but I heard that the doses are not high enough to be of therapeutic values. So at best, a multivitamin might work well as a maintenance dose.

But, I just don't know if the are good enough for a maintenance dose.

And, I just don't know if I even need a maintenance dose, I'm already eating about $50 worth of fresh veggies and fruit per week.

I used to live on Kraft dinner, maybe 2 or 3 multivitamins on a KD diet would be a good idea.

My Ride
    Lamborgotti Fasterossa XT 550

Originally posted by Jerms
    a good multi vitamin i find is called Progressive Multiple Vitamins and Minerals..
    you can get it at the vitamin farm or i think local health food stores..

its really good it contains a lot more Vitamin B concentrates, which supplies a larger amount of energy during the day.. there also vegetable capsules..

give em a try..

Progressive is good and it's in capsules so it's easier on your digestive system. Most tablet or hard multies don't absorb very well. Imagine taking all the vitamins and then compressing it into a hard pill and then adding a coating to hold it all together, it's almost as hard a as a rock. If it does absorb, I would assume it's taking a toll on your digestive tract.

P.S. It's B vitamins that makes your pee yellow.