Quantcast
eBay seller won't ship to Canada ... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: eBay seller won't ship to Canada ...

My Ride
    2004 Lotus Esprit

Default eBay seller won't ship to Canada ...

I hate when you run into this on eBay, where an American seller will not ship to Canada.

There is a camera I would like to bid on, they are somewhat rare, especially in this condition, and with the options the one in the auction has.

I have a friend in the states, I could ship to him, then have him ship it here, but .........

I cannot even bid on the item because I'm not in the US. Is there a service or something that will forward an eBay purchase to me or anything like that?

Anybody here with an American address/eBay account that we could sort something out with, I can pay $ for help.

Thanks.

My Ride
    02 GTI(rip) 03 jetta 1.8T on 19's

get youre friend in the states to bid on it for you

Why don't you email the seller and tell him your situation? He may let you bid on it once he knows your interested and that you have made the arrangements so he wouldn't have to ship outside the US. He may make you pay for it via Money order or something as you wouldn't have a confirmed Paypal address.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Ship it to the boarder in montana and drive down and pick it up yourself

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

A lot of ebayers won't ship to Canada because there's a lot more paperwork involved. Emailing him may not solve the problem.

I have a verified US and Canada address, and if they refuse to ship to Canada, I'll have them ship it to my friend's house, who in turn ships it back to me. Sometimes it's cheaper that way, because ebayers that sell to Canada sometimes charge 4-6x more to ship to Canada than US rates.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    has three pedals.

some people will not ship due to needing a commercial invoice! some people cant wrap there heads around it. (if they are a "company" on ebay)

edit - rage beat me too it, but on that note, its so easy to do up that extra one paper

Shipping to US - $4.50

Shipping to Canada - $70.45

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
    Shipping to US - $4.50

Shipping to Canada - $70.45

that is either extortion, or a subliminal hint telling you they don't want our business! haha

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by scat19
    edit - rage beat me too it, but on that note, its so easy to do up that extra one paper
    Not really... if someone is selling obscure or unique items, it's a bitch to hunt down the code for that item plus find the country of manufacturer. For stuff that's manufacturerd in multiple countries (say a computer) you have to list everything separately. Video card, USA. Motherboard, Taiwan... etc. It's a HUGE hassle, so I do understand why some guys charge insane $'s because it's a lot of work for 1 shipment.

Like I said, if you know someone in the states, get a US visa debit card at that address, get that address verified via paypal, have funds in that credit card, and just get stuff shipped there. Then have your friend ship it up, which doesn't fall under commercial, no commercial invoice required. It's a lot faster this way, and if you know loopholes, you can get stuff sent up without duties/taxes......... 9820.00.00 .
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2

Not really... if someone is selling obscure or unique items, it's a bitch to hunt down the code for that item plus find the country of manufacturer. For stuff that's manufacturerd in multiple countries (say a computer) you have to list everything separately. Video card, USA. Motherboard, Taiwan... etc. It's a HUGE hassle, so I do understand why some guys charge insane $'s because it's a lot of work for 1 shipment.

Like I said, if you know someone in the states, get a US visa debit card at that address, get that address verified via paypal, have funds in that credit card, and just get stuff shipped there. Then have your friend ship it up, which doesn't fall under commercial, no commercial invoice required. It's a lot faster this way, and if you know loopholes, you can get stuff sent up without duties/taxes......... 9820.00.00 .
    Ive had three or four computers sent to me from the USA before and no has ever broken down the origin of each part, that's insane. They always just say "china" or"japan" and I usually get charged 80 bucks on a 1000 dollar machine through UPS and that's it. And two have been through compustore usa and the other few were private.

I usually have them ship by USPS --that way the BS customs stuff is bypassed.

Originally posted by rage2

How do you avoid paying duties and taxes on items being shipped from the states???

My Ride
    03EP3, 97 Laredo, Soon GEE TERTY FIVE

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by pepschnops
    How do you avoid paying duties and taxes on items being shipped from the states???
    You quoted the answer in your post... that's just one of the loopholes. There's 3 or 4 that you can use if you set things up properly.

Originally posted by pepschnops

'Gifts' under $50 (or is it $60, i forget) are duty-free

My Ride
    1992.5 Toyota Supra Turbo US Model with Toyota Nav

shipping to canada just involves an extra 3 lines of writing on the usps way bill, just comody info, country of orgin, value, thats all

but americans usualyl dont know how do that . you can order it from china with a language barrier and they still ship better then any american with a degree in filling out waybills

My Ride
    335i

It took 20 seconds to Google rage's post:

Tariff number 9820.00.00 provides for duty-free entry of goods returned to Canada after having been exported for repair under warranty.

Now, think about that.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    SlowBalt