Quantcast
People who chew with their mouth open. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: People who chew with their mouth open.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Default People who chew with their mouth open.

How many people do you know that chew with their mouth open? Fuck it drives me nuts, and grosses me out at the same time.

I know this one little Vietnamese chick who is a real cutie but man, the moment she starts eating, all her cuteness goes straight out the door...LOL

My Ride
    02 Accord

I know exactly what you mean... Sometimes my girlfriend does that when I have her over for dinner or whatever. If I can still hear it after I crank the volume on my tv I'll usually just leave the room. Must be an asian thing

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by EnRich
    I know exactly what you mean... Sometimes my girlfriend does that when I have her over for dinner or whatever. If I can still hear it after I crank the volume on my tv I'll usually just leave the room. Must be an asian thing
    LOL, why don't you tell her to close her mouth? Let her know how gross it sounds and maybe she would be self conscious about it and stop...LOL

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Ya, that's right up there with going for pho and having them slurp it up worse than a f'in horse at a trough.....

My Ride
    Highlander

This is by FAR my biggest pet peeve EVER. I think it's absolutely disgusting. I dont want to listen to or see the food in people's mouths. Yet if we were to say something to someone who was doing it, we would be the rude ones. Go figure.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

^

How could anyone call you rude? You only made the second level of hell, that's like being a saint! haha

they're almost as bad as mouth breathers.
    Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Wait. Tom, THE Tom?
    Originally posted by Rusted Bumper
    As far as I can tell, tom_9109 has the most detailed and correct answer

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

It is totally an asian thing.

Koreans are really bad... have you every seen a korean chew gum... fuck, you can't miss it!

Mainlanders are also bad... they add a little bit of spit action too... haha

My brothers kids do that. It makes me sick to my stomach. I have to leave the table when they are around. You see it more and more these days. Smacking gum, mouth wide open eating, it's disgusting. It's not just asians, it seems that women now are the prime offenders. It appears parents don't teach their children even basic table manners anymore.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

haha! Yes I agree. It's totally gross, took my kids to the mall the other day, between the people who drag their feet and chew with their mouth open I was completely bent out of shape.

We are living in a society without manners. I see just as many white people doing it.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Default Re: People who chew with their mouth open.

Originally posted by 89coupe
    How many people do you know that chew with their mouth open? Fuck it drives me nuts, and grosses me out at the same time.
    Adding to this pet peeve, people who TALK and CHEW at the same time...with spit and food flyin' out of their trap. Isn't this the kind of stuff you learn when your 4 years old NOT to do?
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by Melinda
    This is by FAR my biggest pet peeve EVER. I think it's absolutely disgusting. I dont want to listen to or see the food in people's mouths. Yet if we were to say something to someone who was doing it, we would be the rude ones. Go figure.
    you have alot of pet peeves. alot

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by benyl
    It is totally an asian thing.

I was just about to say that....
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by liueorama

you have alot of pet peeves. alot

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

depends on what i'm eating and who i'm with. if i'm eating something with my hands (ie fried chicken, ribs, etc) by myself, i pig out. mouth open, gorging sounds, all that.

but if i'm with people then i civilize myself.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

correction its NOT an asian thing...its an asian FOB thing...and yes, its fucking gross...its weird though, its not all fob's that do it though

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Ya, that's right up there with going for pho and having them slurp it up worse than a f'in horse at a trough.....
    As much as I can't stand it either, it's apparently a cultural thing. Not sure about the Viet's, but in Japanese culture, it's considered a sign of respect for the restaurant if you slurp up your noodles (in their case, udon's) as loudly as you can.

As for the whole chewing with mouth open thing, I totally agree that it's an Asian thing. But if you think about it, any culture other than North American (if you can even call that a culture), has very little "manners" if you will in everything they do anyway. So I think it's just us NAs that sees it as a sign of disrespect, whereas for others, it's not considered a big deal.

Btw, I'm Chinese, and though I know better than to chew or talk with my mouth full, my family does it, and despite numerous "friendly advice," they still continue doing it.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

^^^^ werd

japanese culture it is like respect.

i slurp when i eat pho i don care it cools the noodles down.

my dad chews with his mouth open.

honestly i know lots of people that chew with their mouth open, i really could care less

but when i eat unless im really comfortable with the people im eatin with i sometimes chew with my mouth open its how i eat fast.

My Ride
    pedals

tis gross man. doesnt matter who you are, tis gross.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by mo_money2supe
    But if you think about it, any culture other than North American (if you can even call that a culture), has very little "manners" if you will in everything they do anyway.
    I have to give you a big fat negative on that one. You obviously haven't been to Europe or South America. Etiquette is intrinsic to their culture. The men automatically pull out the chairs and open doors for the women, it's 2nd nature. People just know to eat and chew gum with their mouths closed. North Americans generally are much less cultured than South Americans and Europeans in particular.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast