Quantcast
Facebook + coworkers... bad ettiquite? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Facebook + coworkers... bad ettiquite?

Default Facebook + coworkers... bad ettiquite?

So it seems that everyone and their three legged dog has Facebook now, which is fine (I know people who were pissed off that Facebook was opening up to more than just University students like a year ago or something), but now co-workers are finding me and starting to add me. At first it was just some buddies of mine from work... which is fine, no big deal.

On Saturday a P.Eng at my company adds me... Wtf He's about 30, married... a very chill guy, seems to be more mid-20s than early 30s, but still. He's almost a team lead in one of our engineering groups, and though I'm not in his group, I used to be, and have worked with him on some projects.

I'm kind of skeched out about this though... I recently graduated from uni, so there are still a shitload of pictures floating around of shenanigance that I wouldn't want co-workers to know about. Fucking stories on the wall about getting arrested (nothing serious, but still) and general shit that definately isn't professional.

Fuck I don't even know what this rant is about. I guess I'm just pissed cause I am extremely conscious of how I present myself at work (being the youngest engineer in a mid-sized company) because I don't want people to take me less seriously due to my age. I definately don't want them reading up on how less than a year ago me and a bunch of buddies got throw in a paddy wagon for having an extremely drunk jam sesh at 4am and then taunting the cops.

Anyone else have this issue?
    Last edited by Super_Geo; 04-09-2007 at 09:38 AM.

My Ride
    B8 A4/MKV GTI

So stop using facebook... problem solved.

My Ride
    WRX STI

Heres a fucking good idea, How about you dont post shit on facebook that you wouldent want the whole world too know. You do know this is the internet right? Keep your personal storys to your self and just post clean pics and stories you wouldent care who knew about them. I dont know why your posting anything about this, seems like a pretty simple problem.

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

let him only see a limited profile?

that or be cool like me and quit facebook.

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

haha limited profile. i got some engineers from my work on my facebook, and i just put them on my limited profile, so they cant see my pictures.

Tweak your settings and only allow your close friends to see all your shenanigans.

I really hate getting requests from people from Jr. high/Elementary or my brothers best friends sisters cousin who I've met once.

Originally posted by teggypimp95
    Heres a fucking good idea, How about you dont post shit on facebook that you wouldent want the whole world too know. You do know this is the internet right? Keep your personal storys to your self and just post clean pics and stories you wouldent care who knew about them. I dont know why your posting anything about this, seems like a pretty simple problem.
    Yeah only I don't post that shit... other people post it on my wall or tag me in pictures, and I don't check it nearly often enough to keep track. Thanks for the fucking good idea though.

And back when this shit was posted Facebook was limited to University students only... plus I was still in school and didn't have a job lined up so I didn't even consider co-workers/bosses/etc seeing that shit.

haha limited profile. i got some engineers from my work on my facebook, and i just put them on my limited profile, so they cant see my pictures.
    How do you do that?

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

my privacy, go to the bottom right, edit the settings to show what you want them too see, then add names to the list.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Wow.

Everything that's on the internet is available.. and it may already be too late for you buddy. Google cache.

All people have to do is follow the links, and they can find everything you've ever put out there. So, if you don't want your opinions known, then don't put it where anyone can read it.

In short, if you're worried about you co-workers seeing it, then don't ever post it to the internet.

Sorry to sound harsh man.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by soupey

that or be cool like me and quit facebook.

you'll be back...they ALWAYS come back...haha...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    pedals

ya, and feel free to reject people. most wont even notice cause of the mass friend spamming that goes on. definetely set up a limited profile though

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by hjr
    ya, and feel free to reject people. most wont even notice cause of the mass friend spamming that goes on. definetely set up a limited profile though

does that mean you set up an Limited Profile for me mang??
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    02 Accord

Can I add you to my Facebook?

or make them jealous because you had a awsome teenage year
    http://jj.am/gallery/d/564-2/forceninja2.gif

My Ride

Well, consider this -- as well as current employers, potential employers are not oblivous to the internet either. University students need to consider facebook an extension of their resume. Most O&G staff in calgary, are at the most, 2 degrees away from each other, so you can bet somone is gonig to find your facebook if you apply for a co-op job or internship.

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by Crymson
    Well, consider this -- as well as current employers, potential employers are not oblivous to the internet either. University students need to consider facebook an extension of their resume. Most O&G staff in calgary, are at the most, 2 degrees away from each other, so you can bet somone is gonig to find your facebook if you apply for a co-op job or internship.
    it doesnt matter who finds it, if they arent your freind you can have it set so they cant see your page at all.. thats what i dooooo.. i dont like people in my business haha..

My Ride

Few people have as much discretion as that though.

My Ride
    2000 Neon

Originally posted by snowboard

it doesnt matter who finds it, if they arent your freind you can have it set so they cant see your page at all.. thats what i dooooo.. i dont like people in my business haha..
    I am new to that thing but I thought you need to be someones friend to view it? I havn't figured out how to view a profile of someone who isn't on my list. Makes checking out girls alot harder lol

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by krisopotamus

I am new to that thing but I thought you need to be someones friend to view it? I havn't figured out how to view a profile of someone who isn't on my list. Makes checking out girls alot harder lol

uhhh
    thats the point.
    you cant creep pages on facebook, thats why i like it. randoms dont bug you.. unlike other faggy websites with the same type of set up... its hard being pretty

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by EK 2.0

you'll be back...they ALWAYS come back...haha...
    so ture

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast