Quantcast
Overtime/extra hours - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Overtime/extra hours

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Default Overtime/extra hours

Who on here tends to put in a lot of overtime/extra hours at work on a regular basis and is on salary?

Who on here works overtime/extra hours and gets paid for that overtime? Non-salary positions.

I'm just curious to know what positions seem to require a lot of overtime/extra hours.

I know a few people that seem to work a lot of overtime and I'm just curious to know if they are just slow at what they do, or if they are always pressured with deadlines, or just love to work all the time?

I myself never work overtime, nor would I ever want to. If it can't be done in the 7.5hrs I put in during the day, then I will do it the next day.

LOL.

I put in about 5-6 hours of overtime every week. I get paid for it though, but not at 1.5x, just normal pay. My position is a facilities/project engineer. It's not that it's super busy with what I have on my plate, but I try to pick up random work here and there all the time to try to show the top brass that I'm always looking for more responsibility and a bigger projects. I live a 6 minute walk from work so I don't mind putting in the random few hours here and there on a Saturday/Sunday.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

I'm on call every other week, and tend to get some OT during that timeframe. Paid out at 1.5, or banked at straight time. Plus getting pager pay. I'm on salary as well.

Generally, I'll work what is needed though, if that involves OT, then I work OT. My management is really good about recognizing when we're performing, and in truth, it's a great place to work.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

I generally work about 30hrs of OT each pay period. I work in the office during the day but there is a lot of manual labor type work to be done and I have no problem putting boxes on a shelf for 1.5x the pay. I beat the rush after work by arriving home at 7:00pm and I've got the extra cash I need to have fun.

Why are all your posts that ask questions seem to be negative towards people that do not live the same lifestyle as you?

My Ride
    POS

Not much overtime here working on salary. At my old job as a dental tech guys only got paid 8hr + commission and a lot of people were crazy working 2-3-4-5 hr's extra per day. Sometimes I would work a couple hours over time and the damned place was still full of people, then when I came in the morning, the same damned people were already there. Makes you wonder if the extra commission was really worth it or not.

My Ride
    12' Audi A4

I'm on salary, and usually work an average 2hrs to 4hrs extra PER day.

I don't get paid OT, but however I get a bouns every month

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

The job I do in the summer has usually is 13 hours a day, 7 days a week and maybe a day or two off during the entire summer. Only way to make a decent amount of money in 3-4 months

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Most people in my industry work long hours and tons of overtime.

However I don't... ever haha. We're on salary and only get paid if it has been pre-approved, which it rarely is.

I figure I work my ass off during the day and that's more then enough.

Spose I should get back to work haha....