Quantcast
Iran Crackdown on Dresscode - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Iran Crackdown on Dresscode

My Ride
    firebird

Default Iran Crackdown on Dresscode

A little absurd says my western mind....I think we take our freedom of expression and individualism for granted here. There are so many other productive things to do with a police force than arresting people for the way they dress or forcibly cutting off their hair if its not deemed to be appropriate.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6596933.stm

Other Highlights:

1) Boutique owners were told to saw off the breasts of manikins (too revealing)
    2) Men are being told not to where short sleeves or have funky looking hair

"Some commentators have suggested that the government is conducting this crackdown to distract attention from the rising cost of living in Iran and increasing tension with the international community over the nuclear issue.

If so, it's a strategy that risks alienating people who've got used to years of relative social freedom and do not want to return to the early days of the revolution when dress rules were much more tightly enforced. "

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

Default Re: Iran Crackdown on Dresscode

But one MP has said those Iranians who cannot cope with Islamic laws should leave.
    Wow... shoe + other foot.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

You can only push people so far. A majority of Iranians are fed up with their government and it's only a matter of time before they revolt.

My Ride
    pedals

people wont revolt over their hair or clothing, revolts require serious issues. who is going to die for a haircut

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I think a lot of Muslim countries are pushing for more traditional dress. I find that the educated and worldly people are those that expect personal freedoms.

I work in Yemen so I've attached a photo of what the hottest women I meet look like. Yep, pretty sad.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Re: Iran Crackdown on Dresscode

Last edited by kaput; 03-26-2019 at 08:32 PM.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by hjr
    people wont revolt over their hair or clothing, revolts require serious issues. who is going to die for a haircut
    It's not about the haircut, it's about the principle. It's about a new generation of Iranians with internet, access to international news, and the will to fight for the right to live the life they choose.

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

Originally posted by davidI
    I work in Yemen so I've attached a photo of what the hottest women I meet look like. Yep, pretty sad.

Oddly enough I think it is good that the countries that adhere to Islamic law, enforce it rather than accepting a middle ground. It means that countries that do not subscribe to islamic law should be just as capable to enforce their own laws... such as being able to see someones face in public.

Way to go Iran.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by Primer_Drift

Oddly enough I think it is good that the countries that adhere to Islamic law, enforce it rather than accepting a middle ground. It means that countries that do not subscribe to islamic law should be just as capable to enforce their own laws... such as being able to see someones face in public.

Way to go Iran.
    I see your point...but if you had to wrap yourself from head to toe in a black sheet every time you had to go out in 40 degree heat I doubt you'd want to subscribe to those laws. I agree with laws when they protect our freedoms but I would hate being forced to do something that there is no sound reasoning for.

My Ride
    pedals

Originally posted by Isaiah

It's not about the haircut, it's about the principle. It's about a new generation of Iranians with internet, access to international news, and the will to fight for the right to live the life they choose.
    the principle of haircuts is not enough... take away the right to life, sure, family, ok, terror state, ya, haircuts? no. there will be not uprising cause a few guys had their hair cut.

though if it happened, i would laugh my ass of. a metro-sexual revolution! haha. "we will fight for our right to have frosted tips and armani tee's !!!!!"

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-30-2020 at 08:42 PM.

My Ride
    firebird

Although I think he is an idiot, he must even be rolling his eyes about the uproar for his actions....what a place lol
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802