Quantcast
WTF is with NE Calgary??? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Declare the central NE/SE a no-fly zone

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, stay away at all costs

36 66.67%
  • No, I live there but I know it sucks... help!

5 9.26%
  • Yes, I live there and I suck

2 3.70%
  • No, I like living on the edge and drive a P.O.S. anyway

11 20.37%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF is with NE Calgary???

My Ride
    ShitBox Rustbucket

I parked my shit box outside of co-op on 17th ave near albert park... and I was in there for like 5min and I come out to find some fuck ripped off one of my wiper arms.. who does that??

ive lived in the NE ever since i moved to calgary and ive never had a problem i leave my cars parked outside and no one has ever touched em shit happends man no need to blame the area it can happend anywhere.... and its not like everyone in the NE drives beaters taht you had to go and buy one jus to drive to the NE its not the ghetto or anything alot of people here have nice highend cars in the NE aswell

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Originally posted by andyg16
    and its not like everyone in the NE drives beaters taht you had to go and buy one jus to drive to the NE its not the ghetto or anything alot of people here have nice highend cars in the NE aswell
    I saw a new Ferarri driving into Monteray about a week or so ago! Not everyone has a POS, i do agree.

Originally posted by euro_racer

IMO the only difference i see in NE and SW is that the NE has more thugs, while the SW has more emo's
    hahah that was a good one

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Originally posted by IntegraG2
    i live in the NE/SE and i never had a problem.......that shit can happen anywhere why generalize??? so really
    How many time's did your car get jacked?

I live in the NE my whole life too and in a neighborhood ppl don't think is the safest..and i've never had a problem. I actually think its pretty safe, you just have to mind your own business.

Your basing your judgements about the NE based on dings and scratches to your doors? Thats nothing...be happy you never got stabbed or jumped. By having a car, you should expect to eventually get scratches and dings. Most ppl who talk about their thoughts about the NE haven't even lived there.

My Ride
    1996 Honda Civic Si

Shit man enough whining. My car got jacked twice in the NE but I still love it. Maybe you should just stay in whatever area you live in!
    Quote, originally posted by CXtypeR »
    VTEC: it feels like youre getting sucked into your seat. you start seeing everything move in slow motion because youre going so fast and then you hear a big BOOM which is the sound when you break the sound barrier.

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Hold up. You said you would put people vandalizing your car in the same category as Jeffery Dalmer?

I hardly think someone messing up your paint job is the same as someone killing, maiming, and eating someone.

Go get some cheese.

Since you had the foresight to buy an old car just to drive to the NE you should not complain about it getting scratched there.

That's like complaining about a a dent in your helmet after you crash headfirst into a tree.

My Ride
    01 QX4 on 22" DUB

Originally posted by jdmXSI

I saw a new Ferarri driving into Monteray about a week or so ago! Not everyone has a POS, i do agree.
    yea i know a person in monteray who has well over 500,000 in cars so this guys generalization about the NE is completely retarded.

and if u actually bough a car just for trips to the NE you seriously need to re-evaluate urself

My Ride
    Audi

I guess the closest thing onthe poll to how i feel is "i like living on the edge and drive a POS".

Map of Police Districts
    http://www.calgarypolice.ca/district...ct-realign.pdf

POLICE SERVICE SELECTED CRIME STATISTICS
    April 29 to May 5, 2007

Highest # of house breakins: District 2
    Highest # of shop breakins: District 8
    Highest # of Vehicle thefts: District 1
    Highest # of car prowlings: District 1
    Highest # of roberies: District 2 and 5 (tie)

Out of all those areas, the "ghetto NE/SE" are districts 4 and 5 with 5 being almost the entire NE quadrant and 4 being the Forest Lawn/Dover/Fonda/Raddisson etc. area.

I actually would feel the least safe living in district 2 due to the most # of home breakins.

I'd be most worried about my car getting stolen in District 1, followed by 4 and 5.

The weekly stats are posted online at:
    http://www.calgarycrimestoppers.org/...ct_crimes.html

Please show me based on these facts why it is safer to live somewhere else in the city other then the NE.

Originally posted by sois
    Can someone please tell me what is happening to this city? or should I say $hity, more specifically, the NE??? I don't understand how someone could do such a thing... Calgary used to be a really great city... now we are inundated with homeless, low-life opportunists, and lazy asses jealous of others that work hard for what they have. My wife and I live in a nice house in and both drive nice cars because we have worked our asses off in University and/or grad school, enjoy and work hard at our jobs/company and thus are very successful. I'm not saying that anyone else is less worthy of anything but why should I have to shield myself from so many leaches and slime just waiting to try and take something from me or wreck something nice that I have? What is the root of such pathetic behavior?
    It is intresting that you say you've got a grad school education, point your finger at the NE and say that the NE is "inundated with homeless, low-life opportunitists, lazy asses jealous of others" (yes that is what you said when you said "specifically the NE").

Clearly your 'higher' education and 'successful career' has made you made believe you are an 'expert' on the matter when clearly you are not.

Open your eyes and look at the real statistics for the rest of the city.

Your community may appear to be crime free but in fact you're turning a blind eye to it and blaming it on the NE/SE quadrant.

For your information, I am also a University graduate, both my wife and I have successfull careers, own 3 nice cars, a home, and we live in the NE with a lot of other people who are much more knowledgable about the city then you.
    Last edited by hampstor; 05-11-2007 at 01:34 AM.

My Ride
    02 GTI(rip) 03 jetta 1.8T on 19's

so which car was this with?

i feel youre pain, I also came out to my car tonight to find some some new dings from some stupid bitches ford tempo. i know it prolly doesnt compare but shit this is stupid, cause in the end im the one who has to pay

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Wow. Buying a Honda specifically for going to the NE...that's awesome.

Even though my worse experience was in the NE where someone backed into my car at 4am and then took off I find it is the attitude of a lot of people in Calgary overall.

There a lot of people who just don't give a shit about other people's property parking too close to you and not being careful when getting out of their cars and banging into yours. I can't believe how many door dings I have.

I used to live in an apartment in the SW and I caught the people who parked next to me banging my car with both the front and back doors. I asked them to be careful but caught them 2 more times in the next couple weeks doing it again and this was a middle aged couple with two kids.. they all freakin did it.

Just like everyone said wrong place, wrong time, bad luck that some idiot picked your car for their stupid fun.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Originally posted by hampstor
    I guess the closest thing onthe poll to how i feel is "i like living on the edge and drive a POS".

Map of Police Districts
    http://www.calgarypolice.ca/district...ct-realign.pdf

POLICE SERVICE SELECTED CRIME STATISTICS
    April 29 to May 5, 2007

Highest # of house breakins: District 2
    Highest # of shop breakins: District 8
    Highest # of Vehicle thefts: District 1
    Highest # of car prowlings: District 1
    Highest # of roberies: District 2 and 5 (tie)

Out of all those areas, the "ghetto NE/SE" are districts 4 and 5 with 5 being almost the entire NE quadrant and 4 being the Forest Lawn/Dover/Fonda/Raddisson etc. area.

I actually would feel the least safe living in district 2 due to the most # of home breakins.

I'd be most worried about my car getting stolen in District 1, followed by 4 and 5.

The weekly stats are posted online at:
    http://www.calgarycrimestoppers.org/...ct_crimes.html

Please show me based on these facts why it is safer to live somewhere else in the city other then the NE.

It is intresting that you say you've got a grad school education, point your finger at the NE and say that the NE is "inundated with homeless, low-life opportunitists, lazy asses jealous of others" (yes that is what you said when you said "specifically the NE&quot.

Clearly your 'higher' education and 'successful career' has made you made believe you are an 'expert' on the matter when clearly you are not.

Open your eyes and look at the real statistics for the rest of the city.

Your community may appear to be crime free but in fact you're turning a blind eye to it and blaming it on the NE/SE quadrant.

For your information, I am also a University graduate, both my wife and I have successfull careers, own 3 nice cars, a home, and we live in the NE with a lot of other people who are much more knowledgable about the city then you.
    well put.

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

Hey, NE is awesome.
    Nobody killed a guy then tried to burn the restaurant with his body in it...
    Shit happens anywhere, you just happen to be a shit magnet I guess.
    I got my car plowed in the NW early spring. He must have been homeless....

after that post don't be surprised to find more scratches on your car. I got to live up to my reputation for living in this area.

My Ride
    DUBZ

My Ride
    SoupRYou

ne is a good place to live maybe u guys have bad luck
    sig kinda deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast