Quantcast
Shop Recommendation: Country Tire in the NE - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Shop Recommendation: Country Tire in the NE

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Thumbs up Shop Recommendation: Country Tire in the NE

Hey guys. Just thought I'd give you all a heads up on a shop I went to yesterday. Country tire, in the NE on Westwinds Dr, is a great example of putting customers first.

I went there yesterday, with some tires that I bought from Costco for my truck. Costco wouldn't mount them, because of rules that come from head office. No biggie, they told me about this shop, and I'm glad they did. I went there on Saturday morn., around 10:30 looking to get the tires put on my truck. They asked if I had an appt., and I didn't know I needed one, so I told them no. Well, they checked to see if their next appt. had showed up, which they hadn't, so they got me in right away.

HOLY PITSTOP! It was like watching F1, or NASCAR. In a matter of 15 minutes, they had the tires off, new one's re-mounted, balanced and back on the truck. While they were mounting the new tires, one of the guys mentioned about a new balancing technique called "Magnum balancing". It's where they put some beads inside the tire, and the centrifugal force of the tire spinning, distributes the beads, balancing the tire. There's no wheel weights on the rim at all. No tape weights, no clip weights, nothing! And the balance is perfect! It's only a couple bucks more per tire than regular balancing, and is SOOOO worth it. I've been told by numerous people that the BFG A/T tires that I got are notoriously difficult to balance, but with this it was a snap.

There was no damage to the rims, if you want, you can watch them as they work, and the job was perfect!

These guys were efficient, helpful and really friendly. You definitely feel like #1 when you're there.

If you're looking for a shop that can do what you need for new shoes for your ride, check these guys out! from me.

Directions and phone #'s

Default Re: Shop Recommendation: Country Tire in the NE

Originally posted by ZMan2k2
    I went there yesterday, with some tires that I bought from Costco for my truck. Costco wouldn't mount them, because of rules that come from head office.
    Costco won't mount tires onto trucks?

While they were mounting the new tires, one of the guys mentioned about a new balancing technique called "Magnum balancing". It's where they put some beads inside the tire, and the centrifugal force of the tire spinning, distributes the beads, balancing the tire. There's no wheel weights on the rim at all. No tape weights, no clip weights, nothing! And the balance is perfect! It's only a couple bucks more per tire than regular balancing, and is SOOOO worth it. I've been told by numerous people that the BFG A/T tires that I got are notoriously difficult to balance, but with this it was a snap.
    Magnum balancing sounds interesting.
    http://www.magnumbalance.com/Magnum.htm

My Ride
    BMW E70

Default Re: Shop Recommendation: Country Tire in the NE

While they were mounting the new tires, one of the guys mentioned about a new balancing technique called "Magnum balancing". It's where they put some beads inside the tire, and the centrifugal force of the tire spinning, distributes the beads, balancing the tire. There's no wheel weights on the rim at all. No tape weights, no clip weights, nothing! And the balance is perfect! It's only a couple bucks more per tire than regular balancing, and is SOOOO worth it.
    I was actually up there myself on Friday. I had a set of Bridgestone Dueller A/T Revo's installed on my 4Runner. Great shop, I was in and out within 25 minutes. I also opted for the Magnum balancing. It seems great so far!
    I went to Country Tire on the recommendation from a friend, the pricing was also about $150 less than other shops I had called for quotes.

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Default Re: Re: Shop Recommendation: Country Tire in the NE

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Costco won't mount tires onto trucks?
    What I mean by that is the tires that I bought are BFG A/T tires. They are load range D tires, 8 ply, which means the PSI needs to be higher. With the tires that came on the truck, P rated, 4 ply, with a fairly low PSI in comparison. Apparantly Costco won't mount tires on a rim if the load range of the tire is higher than the load range that is currently on the rim. They say it's because they've had problems in the past with customers coming back with cracked and damaged rims, because the load range was wrong for that rim. They also used the excuse that because I have TPMS sensors, they weren't sure that the sensors would accept the new pressure in the tires.

Ah well, it's all good, and I found a new tire shop that I would recommend to anyone.

My Ride
    Lada Niva

yes, good shop, the owner is an ex-costco guy

Costco will only install factory specified tires (sizes/load rating/speed ratings) onto vehicles. If you take loose rims they will put on different size tires, but you are liable since they didn't put them on your vehicle.
    OOOOoooo....

I've used Country Tire before as well. The price is right and the service is FAST.
    heloc that shit

Upon reading this thread I made an appointment at Country Tire and it was an all around great experience. The price is good. The guys are friendly and work quickly. You don't need to leave your car there for the day or afternoon.

To boot if you need to I just popped over to Precision Alignment next door and got an alignment as well.

After the first experience I brought my BMW to switch its tires two days later.

Good Place
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.