Quantcast
Jiffy Lube Scam - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Jiffy Lube Scam

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Default Jiffy Lube Scam

For those people who take their cars to Jiffy Lubes, or any of those oil change places beware

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

nm
    Last edited by e36bmw///; 03-05-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Its true it happens a lot, and a bunch of the people working there are very undertrained and know crap all about cars. I know this cause i worked at one of those oil change places. They pay 12$+comission even if you were 15 years old you were able to work there. Just beware there are quota's to meet and comission is made by them when they sell u services u really dont need.
    I did some of those services tho I never did change anyone for all of em since some of those bills would of come to 700$ which is retarded for the amount of work it actually takes. Though I saw a few times of people actually not doing the services they were asked because it was to hard. Like replacing diff fluid is almost 100$ per axle.

My Ride
    TSX

That's just rediculous..fucking scammers!!

My Ride
    Prelude aka red rice, Lincoln Aviator

yeah you have to watch out for those places... I have a buddy who works at ford and I had him do all kinds of work on an explorer I bought a few months back... I took it to the mr lube on mac. trail by ranchman's and the little shit there was trying to tell me that I needed a tranny flush (done 2000 km prior by my friend), and a new gasket for the oil pan... it was funny because I told them that the tranny was just serviced and the kid gave the story about how they only did a partial fuid change (true), but he could flush it all, etc...

The places that i have worked were pretty good about that.

However i did bust a co-worker who works in the hole everytime i car came in that had the same brand oil filter, he wouldn't change it. After that I wouldn't start the car until i made sure he did that. He quit soon after.

If you find people who really love cars and work there it's usually not a problem.

Lube City had an average sale you had to get too. IT was 70$ when i worked there, but it wouldn't put your job in jeopardy, it just meant no bonus.

It comes down to lazy employees.

Ask to see the old filter AFTER the service. Or say you're going to have it anaylized or something. A proper tech will show you good fluid after.

I have heard of mr lube people taking grit off the engine and showing people there transmission fluid with the engine grit on it to make it look bad. But that's just one rumour i've heard from Mr. Lube. hint hint.

My Ride
    SlowBalt

It happens all over the place though.. You just need to find a reliable shop and keep on going there..

PS. DJ you have the same sig as me

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Originally posted by Nova316
    Though I saw a few times of people actually not doing the services they were asked because it was to hard. Like replacing diff fluid is almost 100$ per axle.
    Why didn't you take any actions when you knew very well that the poor customer not only trusted, but was dishing out his hard earned money for something that was really never done.