Quantcast
What is the best bang for buck class D mono amp nowadays? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What is the best bang for buck class D mono amp nowadays?

My Ride
    01 Impreza 2.5RS and 05 LGT

Default What is the best bang for buck class D mono amp nowadays?

I have been out of the audio game for awhile and I was wondering what the best bang for buck class d mono amp is out there.

A few years ago, when I was into the scene, some of the best bang for buck amps were JBL 1200.1 and the Earthquake PHD2.

Basically I am looking for recommendations for a 1000+ watt class d amp that is at least 1.5 ohm stable.

Let me know what is out there guys.

[SIZE=4.5]AWD BURNOUT![/size]

My Ride
    '98 Oldsmobile Intrigue

I myself am planning on going with the Hifonics BXi 1206D Brutus which is 1200Wrms into 1Ohm. It's pretty damn cheap at around $300CAD on ebay including shipping from the states (more like 260-270 but have to account for random charges). I've heard that Hifonics does overrated their amplifiers, but it's damn cheap. There's also the BXi 1606D Brutus for a bit more if you're worried about it running out of juice. I also like Soundstream's price/power ratio.

Now I've never heard them, but I've been planning of buying a damn amp for my ed 16ov.2 subwoofer (1100Wrms @ 1Ohm) for about 6 months now because I have no friggin' money so I've been doing a lot of reading about them. For the price the Hifonics look pretty good, the only thing I hate are the tacky blue lights, I am probably going to take them out or paint over them .

--EDIT--

Oh and from the time I spent reading sounddomain, it seems like most people on there really love the older amplifiers since they were underrated versus today's overrated amplifiers.