Quantcast
Post your known photo radar/radar spots - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Post your known photo radar/radar spots

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

just saw one today going down 16th ave N.E (going east) right up the hill hidding in the bushes on the right hand side. Right by the first lights.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Eastbound John Laurie at the 14th st bridge/overpass
    anywhere along 14th st @ nose hill

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Edmonton Tr. northbound at 29th Ave. (speed trap)
    Memorial Drive eastbound and 4th st. NE, across from the Esso (photo radar)

Centre street Northbound btwn 38-40 Ave (photo-radar)
    Centre street Southbound at 38 Ave (speed trap) both of these are by the elementary school on centre, they'll get ya' every time.

Richmond road eastbound and 38 st (depends, sometimes photo, sometimes speed trap.) right by the carwash.

That's all I remember now. I'll post more if I remember, and they haven't already been covered.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

McKnight sucks ass

Also on Deerfoot south at McKenzie where its 70km/h (sometimes 50 )

Glenmore East right before the S turn onto deerfoot south, they hide behigned the big sign at night.
    Travel

My Ride
    Acura CL

14 St right before u reach country hills blvd
    its a playground zone and every time that i see it someone is getting busted

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

man hope they dont put any in the mckenzie circle, i fly around that thing

My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX

33rd Ave SW right before Crowchild.
    They either hide behind the bus stop, or down a hill at the turn in to richmond green golfing course

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by vsmSIR
    man hope they dont put any in the mckenzie circle, i fly around that thing

hahaha, so do I, thats where I go to break in new tires. I'm sure you have heard me, bwahaha
    Travel

14th street southbound right after the john laurie overpass going down that hill. always a cop at the bottom waiting for people to speed.
    most people slows down to like 45 once they reached the very top of the hill

Sweeeeet guys! Thanks for all the posts. Should be helpfulll to all and I'll have to put some pins on my wall map to indicate all the spots....

NW Memorial southbound at the the Fasgas photo or laser.

NW Memorial Nouthbound just a few blocks after the Tom's pizza/7-11 photo park among other parked cars.
    Damn +44411's

country hills blvd nw at the 7 eleven by citadel way i think it is. some many ppl go fast there and usually i see at least someone get busted.

Originally posted by air_mikey
    country hills blvd nw at the 7 eleven by citadel way i think it is. some many ppl go fast there and usually i see at least someone get busted.
    dang you beat me to it hahah

yah the cop is always hiding behind the little 'save 3.5cents every liter' sign. even if it doesnt seem like a cops there, slow down because he literally hides himself behind the sign and hides his legs behind the sign leg post

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

Some of these are doubles ...

I've seen cops undr 64 ave and country hills on deerfoot trail north and southbound doing photo radar.

14street north heading southbound from .. beddington/north haven theres the construction area (underground resevoir i think) on nose hill they sit in the driveway there sometimes, (Laser)

14street north southbound from the cop shop down the big hill, the first right hand turn sometimes a ghost car sits with laser tagging people coming down the hill (70zone)

14 st. north southbound past the district 3 cop shop accross john laurie blvd. they are on the right hand side a bit down the hill usually with a motorcycle hiding behind the trees catching people in the 50 zone. Laser

14st Northbound accross from the #3 copshop in the bit of cars parked on the right, sometimes theres photo radar and sometimes laser. Very rare, but i've gotten a photo radar and seen laser.

14st northbound & southbound between 24ave & northmount drive, by the golf course on both sides anywhere theres cars theres photo radar, i've heard rumors of them hiding behind bus stops with laser but never seen them (Can you tell I frequent 14 street?)

14street otherwise is clean for the most part north and south until you pass over the bridge past kensington rd. the 9ave overpass sometimes theres photo radar behind the bus stop just before, and under the bridge there is laser setup somtimes.

Coming out of downtown to bow trail going west, after you come down the overpass to under the crowchild trail, they have laser setup there somtimes (crazy dangerous for cops but its 70zone.)

Bow trail going east towards downtown from 37street, sometimes you'll see the oh so disguised tinted SUV/truck w/ cabover on the LEFT side of the residential street running paralell along bow trail (with golf course on the left). Its photo radar. (kevie88 should know this one)

Glenmore trail, past macleod eastbound there is a big sign on the right that cops like to sit behind. I got nailed doing 123 in 80zone by laser.

Center street North, coming out of downtown heading northbound at the top of the hill after the bridge, 7ave i think? There are cops there all the time in this 50zone. Keep note, rush hour this is the HOV lane, dont travel alone or get a nice yellow slip.

Centre street north before mcknight and before the hill going down, golf course is on the left... highwood i think? .. Theres cops that like to do laser down there on both sides I think in this big dipped hill. 50zone.

Beddington Blvd between Center street and 4street NE (beddington trail exit route.) this is a cop laser zone on both sides. hiding in the turns of residential streets, behind bus shelters and those yellow/black signs. 50zone.

Country Hills Blvd up by shanappi i think? down the hill from co-op, and up the hill by the co-op to hamptons .. cops like to hit ya with laser in this 60zone.

Dalhousie, its 51street North going from and to john laurie blvd. cops sit with laser in the residential turnoffs.. dont pass cars, DO 50!

I saw only 2 times on crowchild going south just before the 5ave set of lights, maybe before kensington rd. photo radar on the right side beside the big fence. 60zone ? 70zone? ..

Thats all I can remember right now.
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..

My Ride
    96 T/A

14th Street South and Heritage Drive.... They like to park in the road to heritage park and tag people...
    Right by the redlight camera!!!!

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Originally posted by yohan4ws
    Some of these are doubles ...

Bow trail going east towards downtown from 37street, sometimes you'll see the oh so disguised tinted SUV/truck w/ cabover on the LEFT side of the residential street running paralell along bow trail (with golf course on the left). Its photo radar. (kevie88 should know this one)

Oh hell yeah! Too bad it took me 2 tickets before I remembered to start looking for them!!
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

I got one ticket.. 109 in 60zone ... 2cliks more to court my mom would have went

I was like nah probably not today.. not at this time.. BOOM 200bux later ... glad they park on the left side of that lil road, so easy to see.
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..

My Ride
    '15 GTI

Originally posted by szw
    Edgemont Blvd (heading towards john laurie) hiding behind the busstop past the fire station.
    bastards got me at 16 over in a weedman truck...loaded down with 2 tanks of gas and 15 bags of fertilizer going down hill

Photo radar and laser are moved all the time, why don't we just write ALL the names of ALL the streets in Calgary?

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by Abom
    Photo radar and laser are moved all the time, why don't we just write ALL the names of ALL the streets in Calgary?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast