Quantcast
Neighbor Backed Into my car (pics) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor Backed Into my car (pics)

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

Default Neighbor Backed Into my car (pics)

alright this car has yet again been struck with bad luck this morning i come out to my car and find a note on my front windshield "i hit your car [name & address]"

I call her up she wants to pay for it out of her pocket but she wants to cut me a cheque for it after supper so i just want to make sure the estimate i got is accurate for the damage to make sure there are no further issues once i get it repaired.

Also you cant really tell but the bottom of the mirror was ripped off as well so that needs replacing too.

i was quoted 1430$ by feliks autobody.
    -this includes repair&refinish of the door
    -panel blending
    -new mirror ( 370$)
    -and paint for the mirror
    -labor
    Last edited by Crazyjoker77; 06-20-2007 at 05:05 PM.

My Ride
    Memories...

Why is she in such a rush to pay?

Take it to the shop and she can pay them directly when the work is done. That would avoid any problems.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by Crazyjoker77

i was quoted 1430$ by feliks autobody.
    -this includes repair&refinish of the door
    -panel blending
    -new mirror ( 370$)
    -and paint for the mirror
    -labor

obviously im gonna order some mirrors off ebay since there like 20$ and pocket the rest of the cash...
    They told you $370 for a new mirror?

I wouldn't pocket $350 personally, she was honest enough to leave a note, you should be honest enough to not rip her off.

My Ride
    WRX STI

Dude done use them! My gf just got her civic back from there from her mom back into her fender and the did a horrible job!

He totally took advantage of my gfs mom and charged her wayyyy to much, then we get it back with the fender covered with bubbles under the clear coat, a paint drip on the fender, and it almost looks like there is a little line or scratch in the paint under the clear coat. Not to mention they did a horrible job of putting the fender lining back in. It doesent even stay in place right. They took 3 days longer just for a fender than what we were told.

And to top it off, they gave us a 1990 sunbird rentel that was a peace of shit. It smelt like ass, stains all over the inside, a tank of gas lasted like 150 k, and it was missing the muffler so it was loud as fuck. Not acceptable to give to some one in my books.

Now when we call him to have him fix it, he is giving us attitude, saying it must be rock chips were mistaking them for. HA he is an fucking retard. PLease stay away!
    Last edited by teggypimp95; 06-20-2007 at 02:08 PM.

My Ride
    w163

Originally posted by Hakkola

I wouldn't pocket $350 personally, she was honest enough to leave a note, you should be honest enough to not rip her off.

My Ride
    Honda CRV

agreed

*russell peters*

BE A MAN ....
    DO THE RIGHT THING.....

oh i love that man.. lol

my thoughts exactly, she fucked up but she stepped up and took care of it and you try and rip her off. Its because of tools like you that insurance is so messed up here, im suprised your not claiming you have whiplash even though you werent in the car.

yeah, don't be like that man, your lucky she didn't drive off and make you pay the full price to fix your own car.
    be honest and don't do shit like that.

Simple karma.

Be thankful that she left a note. My neighbour backed into my car with his and I had to confront him about it at his house 24 hrs later.

Luckily he was a rig worker making good money and didn't want the cops involved (he was drunk making a beer run at midnight and wanted to sober up before telling me) so he paid the $950 estimate in cash the next day.

Default Re: Neighbor Backed Into my car (pics)

obviously im gonna order some mirrors off ebay since there like 20$ and pocket the rest of the cash...
    FOR SHAME

My Ride
    05 g35, 08 altima coupe, 10 pathfinder

i am guessing your car is a integra? anywas i can get you like a used mirror for like a quarter of that price. and same color too. just let me know.

My Ride
    Bicycle

No good deed goes unpunished.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

With intelligence like that being displayed I thought 929 had come back under a new name until I saw you've been here since 05. Why be a thief? Who's that going to help (other than you)? Get an estimate from a shop of your choice and let her pay them directly. Otherwise, post her phone number.

Kids these days......
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    12 TL

you should actually get an estimate on the car to restore it to it's exact condition instead of ripping her off and getting a new mirror + paint while yours doesn't even have paint. You're a pretty crappy neighbour if you're going to do what you said you were doing.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

I agree with everyone in the thread. Even though its a huge inconvience to you... had you been in the car i would say go for it. But since she was nice enough to write you a note i would just be honest.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    05 g35, 08 altima coupe, 10 pathfinder

lying gets you no where. do the right thing and be honest. its not like this poor lady meant to hit your car., shit happens.

If we punish the people who are honest in our world there won't be any left. Which of course is happening.. sigh...
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride

how am i lying i showed her the estimate she was fine with paying it. I didnt go to the most expensive shop out there i went to the one i used to paint my car last time. The mirrors are painted too btw. Im not ripping her off in any way. She has to cover the cost to return it to the way it was. If i wanted to be a real prick i could have them reskin the door and it would be much higher or make her go threw insurance and screw her premiums.

And the only reason she crashed and left a note was because she was staring at the shirtless men painting my house. and she only left the note once one of them confronted her... how do i know, the painters told me...

as for the 200 im saving on the mirrors i think thats only fair ive probably spent that much on gas gettin the estimate done plus the time i dont have my car. as well as my own labor to put the mirrors on...

All i wanted to know from you people was if 1100$ sounds right for the repair to the door. well just leave the mirrors out of it for now.

as for why she wants to pay today is because im leaving tommorow for a couple weeks.

so unless you have something that actually pertains to my question go troll somewhere else i shouldnt have to explain myself to you.

also this is the second time in 6months this car has been hit by a woman while its been parked. Do i have a target painted on my car somehwere
    Last edited by Crazyjoker77; 06-20-2007 at 03:47 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by teggypimp95
    Dude done use them! My gf just got her civic back from there from her mom back into her fender and the did a horrible job!

He totally took advantage of my gfs mom and charged her wayyyy to much, then we get it back with the fender covered with bubbles under the clear coat, a paint drip on the fender, and it almost looks like there is a little line or scratch in the paint under the clear coat. Not to mention they did a horrible job of putting the fender lining back in. It doesent even stay in place right. They took 3 days longer just for a fender than what we were told.

And to top it off, they gave us a 1990 sunbird rentel that was a peace of shit. It smelt like ass, stains all over the inside, a tank of gas lasted like 150 k, and it was missing the muffler so it was loud as fuck. Not acceptable to give to some one in my books.

Now when we call him to have him fix it, he is giving us attitude, saying it must be rock chips were mistaking them for. HA he is an fucking retard. PLease stay away!
    as for this post...

i have used them before when that really massive hail storm hit a year or two ago they repainted and repaired both my cavalier and eclipse as well as my dads 300c.
    paint job and repair was flawless. I also had them mold over where i had to roll the fenders for my veritcle doors on the eclipse with great results. My only complaint was that they went way over there time when they did the eclipse it was 2weeks for the cav and 300c but took 4 1/2 months before i had the eclipse back.

I will agree with you that some of their staff is borderline retarded but they have a excelent spray person(mabey they had the apprentice paint your fender) and the body man i dealt with did a good job popping out over 500 dents im sure between all 3 cars.

My Ride
    Jasons mom

I dont think its fair to pocket anything from the thing. Its being dishonest when she was honest. Did she hit your car before when it was parked? no, that was somebody else, so what does that have to do with it. Karma is a bitch man, and if you are dishonest youll get it back.

my .02

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast