Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2007-2008 edition - Page 26 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 26 of 175 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2007-2008 edition

So what's the official rule for using your body to hit a puck into the net? I thought it couldn't be a kicking motion or touched with your hands, which Godard did neither.

Can anyone explain why that goal was disallowed? That seemed to be the turning point for the Flames. Fuck.
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

Originally posted by khtm
    So what's the official rule for using your body to hit a puck into the net? I thought it couldn't be a kicking motion or touched with your hands, which Godard did neither.

Can anyone explain why that goal was disallowed? That seemed to be the turning point for the Flames. Fuck.
    I didn't see it but I was listening to the fan 960 at the time, and they said that it did hit his hand and they had to see if it was a pushing movement, which I guess they declared it was.

Bad loss, but we can't have this mentality against the Wild.

Atriux

No, it hit his "arm", not "hand". So nobody knows the official rule?

My Ride
    Civic, MDX

Ya after the game Rob Kerr was talking about how it hit Godard's hand and went in. I guess he didn't watch any of the replays because it hit Godard in the chest somewhere, or shoulder, and went in. He might have tried to move his chest to deflect it in but I thought that was OK.

but that wasn't the turning point. IMO it was the brutal Tanguay giveaway on the PP in the 2nd period........all of a sudden it's 2-0, the Flames lost a lot of steam after that.

Godard's 2nd fight was sweet though...
    Originally posted by t_soarer
    ....can anyone say "retarted"?
    Originally posted by leftwing
    no more retarted 18 year old girls who fail out.
    Originally posted by benyl
    The english language is retarted...
    Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Stanced cars look retarted anyways.

My Ride
    a tank

flames blew a huge chance to gain in the standings, the win could have propelled them into a fight with top spot in the west. Man anything less than 1st and 2nd place in the west is unacceptable for the Flames, given their current talent pool. They better destroy minny when they come to calgary.

On the bright side, wow Langkow is tie for 1st goal scoring. I hope he can keep it up for a 50+ season =]
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    Civic, MDX

Originally posted by SilverRex
    On the bright side, wow Langkow is tie for 1st goal scoring. I hope he can keep it up for a 50+ season =]
    Convenient how it's a contract year for him...

Originally posted by HyperZell
    The theme of the night was apparently "fanning". Seriously, it was incredibly sloppy puck handling everywhere, and the Sharks made us pay. I was happy that they scored though, but pissed when people were booing. It will take a hell of a lot more than that for me to boo my team.
    Seriously? People actually boo'd?

Those people should leave the tickets for the people who actually want to show up and support the team
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Seriously? People actually boo'd?

Those people should leave the tickets for the people who actually want to show up and support the team
    Yeah it was in the last few minutes, when the Flames were playing sloppily and without any real urgency. Terrible play, to be sure, but nothing warranting the chorus of boos that I heard.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I boo'd.

I paid good money for that seat and they played like they were out there for some charity pond hockey game.

The Flames have this mentality that its OK to play mediocre hockey.... absolute bullshit. You don't see elite teams loosing games like the Flames did last night. It was awful and they deserved to get boo'd off the ice as far as I'm concerned.

The players didn't give too shits last night, no hustle, no physical play, nothing. They came out in the third period and didn't even attempt any sort of comeback. Jump over the boards, go for a light skate (maybe touch the puck) and then switch up the lines.... nice effort boys.

And that has nothing to with being a 'loyal' fan or any of that BS.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

What's with all this 'holier than thou' bullshit you guys are pulling?

I'll boo at any goddamn game I please under those circumstances, and I'm a huge Flames fan. After a shit game like that one they don't deserve to feel that the fans are pleased.

Apparently "real fans" aren't allowed to be critical.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

The reason I don't boo is because I think it shows a lack of respect and poor support. It's one game out of the hundreds that I've followed, and I agree that they played poorly but that's when they need the crowd's support, so that they can bounce back, or at least not have to feel like total garbage. What's going to motivate you more, the demanding and turn-on-you-as-soon-as-you-do-poorly crowd, or the one that tells you "it's all right come out strong and take the next game"?

I could understand a little if this was a constant thing, but they play well most of the time. One slip up does not deserve the fans trampling on them. My support for the team doesn't waver so easily.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    Civic, MDX

Think Boogard will want any part of Godard tonight?

Too bad the game isn't on TV
    Originally posted by t_soarer
    ....can anyone say "retarted"?
    Originally posted by leftwing
    no more retarted 18 year old girls who fail out.
    Originally posted by benyl
    The english language is retarted...
    Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Stanced cars look retarted anyways.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by khtm
    Apparently "real fans" aren't allowed to be critical.
    No. Then they are accused of being bandwagoners.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    my bike

My support for the team doesn't waver so easily.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

The reason I don't boo is because I think it shows a lack of respect and poor support. It's one game out of the hundreds that I've followed, and I agree that they played poorly but that's when they need the crowd's support, so that they can bounce back, or at least not have to feel like total garbage. What's going to motivate you more, the demanding and turn-on-you-as-soon-as-you-do-poorly crowd, or the one that tells you "it's all right come out strong and take the next game"?

I could understand a little if this was a constant thing, but they play well most of the time. One slip up does not deserve the fans trampling on them. My support for the team doesn't waver so easily.
    You make it sound like the players are bunch of emotinoal cry babies. Booing doesnt mean we dont support them, but they should know that its not what we expect of them.

My Ride
    2015 MK7 GTI

so what do you guys think for tonight?

This will be a hard game to win but hopefully we rebound

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I suppose everyone has their own opinion on this issue... and I'm not one to boo them very often (probably never). But that 3rd period was just aweful... I honestly wish I had stayed at home it was that bad.

But such is life... can't win them all.... hope theres more effort tonight, which I'm sure there will be.

My Ride
    750Li

is tonights game on anything besides center ice?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

I guess my anger was kind of compounded by the fact that it's the first game that I've been to all season, and it was really crushing to see them play just that badly. Hopefully they can turn it around and take Minny tonight, which I'm sure they can if they play as good as they had been playing.

Page 26 of 175 FirstFirst ... 16 25 26 27 36 ... LastLast