Quantcast
LF- Hi-8 Camcorder or player - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: LF- Hi-8 Camcorder or player

My Ride
    4Runner SR5

Default LF- Hi-8 Camcorder or player

i have some old family memories on Hi-8 tapes that i need to convert to digital. I need something that has cables included to hook up to recording source. I am NOT looking to buy but rather borrow or rent. Any beyonders out there think they can help a guy out? We can work something as far as rentals go or else i can convert some of your old Hi-8 tapes to dvd while im doing mine

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

I have an old camcorder that plays on hi-8 tapes. It'd be a bitchy process as you would have to record the videos to VHS first unless you have an input for the RCA cables(Yellow,red and white). It's really old though and it acts out a lot, sometimes it would work, sometimes it won't, you just have to play around with it.

I have a few tapes that I would like to get converted to DVD. Lemme know if you are interested, I'll dig the old bastard up in my closet, haha!

My Ride
    4Runner SR5

i am looking for something that works good- preferably something with an s-video connection.

Originally posted by JordanAndrew
    I have an old camcorder that plays on hi-8 tapes. It'd be a bitchy process as you would have to record the videos to VHS first unless you have an input for the RCA cables(Yellow,red and white). It's really old though and it acts out a lot, sometimes it would work, sometimes it won't, you just have to play around with it.

I have a few tapes that I would like to get converted to DVD. Lemme know if you are interested, I'll dig the old bastard up in my closet, haha!
    when you say acts out alot- does it eat tapes? and you do have all the cables needed to connect into something? what model is it? maybe i can dig up some specs on it to see if it will do the trick for me.

thanks beyonders for the help- as of right now- still looking for one.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

no it doesn't eat tapes, it just likes to give you hell and not turn on sometimes, and it will only work after you play around with the on/off switch for 5-10 minutes but after that it works.

any normal RCA cables would work, like what I said, the red/yellow/white cables hooks up to the camera.

The camera is called Sony CCD-FX230 NTSC if that helps. Like what I said, it's really old but it does the trick.