Quantcast
ENGG to Business Transfer - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: ENGG to Business Transfer

Default ENGG to Business Transfer

Not really too serious on this, and just sort of looking at what my options are. Not really enjoying ENGG that much, I could stay in it if need be, but really just looking at maybe transferring into 1st year commerce, with a look into accounting. Is the transfer GPA for ENGG to Business more relaxed because of the difficulty of the ENGG program, or should I expect the same of a ~3.0 average?

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

i think 3.2 is the "average" for next year. And no they dont care if you are from ENGG or not. Not that ENGG is the most difficult program there is...

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    i think 3.2 is the "average" for next year. And no they dont care if you are from ENGG or not. Not that ENGG is the most difficult program there is...
    Oh I know it isn't, but it isn't the easiest. Well 3.2 is outa my league, I'm sitting at around a ~2.3 simply cause I have no motivation towards a program I don't enjoy. Oh well I applied and just see what happens.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Noooooooo, don't go over to the dark side

But seriously though, I don't think a 2.3 will get you into business unfortunately

And if you're not motivated to do ENGG, don't try and tough it out, because you probably won't make it.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

Originally posted by Eleanor
    Noooooooo, don't go over to the dark side

But seriously though, I don't think a 2.3 will get you into business unfortunately

And if you're not motivated to do ENGG, don't try and tough it out, because you probably won't make it.
    Precisely. I dropped out of Engineering first semester in fall 07 before I had any marks entered because I was hovering around a 2.0. Applied for business Fall 08 off high school marks again and am currently loving business, with a great GPA and very little effort to show for them

Sometimes it's unfortunate that the best way to do what you want happens to be the stupidest, but you always have to weigh out your options and see what's best in the long run.

Originally posted by Spoons

Oh I know it isn't, but it isn't the easiest. Well 3.2 is outa my league, I'm sitting at around a ~2.3 simply cause I have no motivation towards a program I don't enjoy. Oh well I applied and just see what happens.

Well....Have you done the pre-reqs to get into business first off?
    Have you done the required courses, like bsen291, acct317, stat213,217, econ201-203, and others?

IF you have done those and are sitting at a 2.3....You probably will not get in.

If you haven't done those...my suggestion is to transfer into communication and culture, take the required courses and then transfer.

I would take some time off to think about my career and education. If you're "not too serious" then the Haskayne probably isn't for you and I don't think you can afford to make another mistake.

Originally posted by vinc456
    I would take some time off to think about my career and education. If you're "not too serious" then the Haskayne probably isn't for you and I don't think you can afford to make another mistake.
    My second choice was either Economics or Accounting, I got pushed more into engineering simply because of a higher paying job coming out of school.

My other plan is also Comm and Culture with Law and Society to take LSAT's and get into law. I am pretty sure though I would get into comm and culture hovering around a 2.0

Question: If I drop out right now, will they take my High School marks for entrance next year OR still stick with my ENGG marks?

engg marks, your high school marks are thrown out the window
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

If you want to fall back to your HS grades I think you have to have taken fewer than 3 courses (withdrawals not included) but check the calendar to be sure.

I wouldn't recommend dropping any courses unless you are fairly certain that you'll get an F.

Originally posted by vinc456
    If you want to fall back to your HS grades I think you have to have taken fewer than 3 courses (withdrawals not included) but check the calendar to be sure.

I wouldn't recommend dropping any courses unless you are fairly certain that you'll get an F.
    Okie dokie.

I may just take the comms and culture root, that way I can either go two routes:

1) Accounting
    2) Law

And decide from there. Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Eleanor
    I don't agree with that., I found I hated first and second year because everything was so irrelevant and not applicable to anything I wanted to do, but 3rd year was a bit better and 4th year (if you pick the right tech electives) can be awesome (minus design, that course has got to be the gayest shit I have ever done).
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

from engg to business is easier, you shoudl at least try to get to 2.8 gpa or at lest above 2.5. I have a friend who did it.

If i remember right they don't even consider you if you have less then 2.8 GPA. Its their minimum cut off or something.

Originally posted by Ebon
    If i remember right they don't even consider you if you have less then 2.8 GPA. Its their minimum cut off or something.
    Yeah pretty sure they don't.

I just applied for a transfer into Comm & Culture with Law and Society major and a psychology minor. Talk about complete opposite sides of the spectrum lol.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by arian_ma

I don't agree with that., I found I hated first and second year because everything was so irrelevant and not applicable to anything I wanted to do, but 3rd year was a bit better and 4th year (if you pick the right tech electives) can be awesome (minus design, that course has got to be the gayest shit I have ever done).
    That's been my experience as well. First and second year were hell, but once you start taking courses specific to your degree, it gets a lot better. The profs seemed to be more focused now on training you as an engineer and less on weeding you out. You also become accustomed to the type of work it takes to do well and have better academic skills. For the O&G program at least, a lot of the courses are definitely more practical...

I also find the sense of community gets a lot better now that you are in the same classes as everyone in your degree and have the homerooms to hang out in.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Spoons

Yeah pretty sure they don't.

I just applied for a transfer into Comm & Culture with Law and Society major and a psychology minor. Talk about complete opposite sides of the spectrum lol.
    Why don't you apply for Economics? It's not ballin' as a BComm but it's sure as hell more useful that Comm degrees!

I kid! I love the liberal arts!

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by flipstah

Why don't you apply for Economics? It's not ballin' as a BComm but it's sure as hell more useful that Comm degrees!
    Yeah econ is a good way to go. My buddy did that and is studying for his CFA now... another guy I know is doing his CMA I believe... you don't necessarily need an accounting degree to do that stuff.

Yeah nah I want to lean more to law & society. It was my second choice and I want to go towards the path of a lawyer probably. Accounting was me just bouncing off ideas etc and get the transfer ball rolling.

When will I approximately know when my transfer is accepted? At the end of the year when my marks are released?

Also will ENGG let me go down to three classes this semester so I can get rid of my harder classes and get a better GPA?

Personally I would tough it out. I know an absolute ton of people who didn't do well in the first semester, they are just taking a bunch of classes this summer and will continue on next year. I guess it depends on who you are, but for most an engineering degree will bring more financial stability and an overall better work environment than a basic business degree. If you have the drive and people skills business can be great. If you're more of a introvert such as myself engineering is probably a better fit. Some of the kids in Engg are so socially awkward it's painful, I don't care what grades they get they aren't going to do well in the real world because they are absolute losers lol.

What were you planning on specializing in next year?

Aside:
    Q: What's the difference between an Arts Degree and a Large Pizza?
    A: A large pizza can feed a family of four.
    **Zing**

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast