Quantcast
Saw a Bentley Continetal GT on QE2 last night - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Saw a Bentley Continetal GT on QE2 last night

My Ride
    '96 Jaguar XJ6

Default Saw a Bentley Continetal GT on QE2 last night

What a beautiful car, the driver was an asshole though, I had my cruise set just below 160km/h (this was before the rain started) out side of Red Deer, he was going about 130 in the slow lane as my car was blowing passed him, he decides to gun it and pass me on the right hand side. There was probably about a car and a half length between me and the car in front of him in the right lane.

As soon as he is ahead of me he hits the brakes and returns to the right lane. Again I'm going about 158 in the fast lane continuing on and he does it again, this time I have to slam my brakes to avoid getting clipped by him. The fucker was an absolute lunatic.

He only did this to me, a person matching speeds with me from Edmonton went ahead for a bit passed him with no issue but as soon as I came up on him he did it a third time. I can only assume it's because I'm driving a Jag and he was trying to put me in my place or something, what a fucking tool.
    I'm moving to Theory, everything works there

ok. i drive a turbo fast car, i find it pointless, stupid, unsafe, counterproductive to speed like that espically to edmonton, probably even faster then your ford/jag (7m power)

your driving 50 km over the speed limit and came online to post it? when you go that fast you are looking for trouble.

My Ride
    '96 Jaguar XJ6

I dunno your can may go faster than mine but I was doing well under what I've got it up to before I chickened out (250km/h.)

At 160 it feels like it's going 110, I know it's fast but I'm not an asshole about it, when I see cars up ahead I will slow down and I don't ride their asses. The QE II was just dead last night.

My Ride
    GTI

Just because your car can go that fast, doesn't mean you should, at least don't post about it.

There's no need to talk about how we broke the law on this site, we like to portray a more law abiding tuner and enthusiast scene without attracting unwanted attention and publicity.

Yeah he was a dick, but driving at those speeds don't expect any sympathy from Beyond members.

Bentley > Jaguar.

My Ride
    '96 Jaguar XJ6

Hakkola,

I'm not expecting sympathy. Also I am not intending to brag about speeding, merely stating the facts about the situation.

Perhaps a warning to others out there that see the guy on the highway, I came within inches of being part of a $150,000 car being written off just to show up some guy driving an old Jag.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Saw it lastnight aswell.... Nice car.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Default Re: Saw a Bentley Continetal GT on QE2 last night

Originally posted by jinexile
    What a beautiful car, the driver was an asshole though, I had my cruise set just below 160km/h (this was before the rain started) out side of Red Deer, he was going about 130 in the slow lane as my car was blowing passed him, he decides to gun it and pass me on the right hand side. There was probably about a car and a half length between me and the car in front of him in the right lane.

As soon as he is ahead of me he hits the brakes and returns to the right lane. Again I'm going about 158 in the fast lane continuing on and he does it again, this time I have to slam my brakes to avoid getting clipped by him. The fucker was an absolute lunatic.

He only did this to me, a person matching speeds with me from Edmonton went ahead for a bit passed him with no issue but as soon as I came up on him he did it a third time. I can only assume it's because I'm driving a Jag and he was trying to put me in my place or something, what a fucking tool.
    You sound just as awesome as him...I think if you got to know him better you would have a lot in common and could start dating.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    '96 Jaguar XJ6

Default Re: Re: Saw a Bentley Continetal GT on QE2 last night

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

You sound just as awesome as him...I think if you got to know him better you would have a lot in common and could start dating.
    You got me I posted here hoping someone knows his cell so we could hook up.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by Hakkola
    Just because your car can go that fast, doesn't mean you should, at least don't post about it.

There's no need to talk about how we broke the law on this site, we like to portray a more law abiding tuner and enthusiast scene without attracting unwanted attention and publicity.

Yeah he was a dick, but driving at those speeds don't expect any sympathy from Beyond members.

You're probably one of those guys who THINKS going 140 - 160 that you have the mental power, mental horsepower to be driving CONSTANTLY in the left "fast" lane; which creates more of a hazard for everyone, not cuz of your speed. (in your story, he was going in "slow" lane, and you were blowing pass him driving on left, and he went faster than you in "his" rightside lane while you were still in "your" 160k left lane; this is how I'm interpreting your story)

Example: If I'm going 145km (LET'S SAY) on the driving lane/right, you're DRIVING on the left lane from 2-5 km behind going 160k creeping up (instead of creeping up from behind and THEN passing), we're both coming up to a vehicle on the right lane going 125km/h (on TransCa 110k max.)... Now, because people like you, I'm boxed in by the time I reach passing distance between the vehicle in front. Pending on the driver, some people get freaked out without understanding how passing works, and slam on their brakes; meanwhile, people like you are creeping an extra 10-15km/h in the left lane. Or what if there was an obstruction, things on the right lane up ahead; thanks to people like you DRIVING in the left lane, no one has an escape route without fearing to get rear ended, or cut "YOU" off and hear about it on Beyond.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I drive all across Canada, same with people I work with... on the highway, it doesn't matter what speed I'm going, I ALWAYS try to be on the right lane... now if I happen to be going "faster" than the vehiclesssss in front, no big deal (I didn't say speeding)... once I come up to 2-3 car lengths behind, I do my left flasher, merge to left lane, once I see the entire vehicle passed my right side mirror, I signal right, move to right lane... And if there's another "slower" vehicle up ahead; repeat steps throughout my trip... INSTEAD of going 150km/h in the left lane, THINKING nobody else needs to use it up ahead. (both as a courtesy AND safety maneuver reasons for people driving on the right)

Sorry if I'm reading your post or the situation wrong.

But if you were going 160k in the left lane constantly, and all the Bentley did was to go FASTER in his right side lane... good for him (not for speeding)... putting you in your place to pass properly.

My Ride
    '96 Jaguar XJ6

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    You're probably one of those guys who THINKS going 140 - 160 that you have the mental power, mental horsepower to be driving CONSTANTLY in the left "fast" lane; which creates more of a hazard for everyone, not cuz of your speed. (in your story, he was going in "slow" lane, and you were blowing pass him driving on left, and he went faster than you in "his" rightside lane while you were still in "your" 160k left lane; this is how I'm interpreting your story)
    No I pass in the fast lane, once there is an opening in the right lane I go back into it. I was still in the left lane because I hadn't cleared the guy that was driving in front of the Bentley in the right lane. The Bentley was about 4 car lengths behind the vehicle in front of it, matching it's speed, until I passed it once I was about a half car length in front of the Bentley he pinned it in order to pass me on the right side, coming up very quickly on the rear of the vehicle in front of it, since he was going about 130 (same as the bentley before I passed it) by the time I noticed the Bentley's intentions to pass me I started to slow but by that time there was only about one and a half car lengths between me and the guy in the right lane.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Correct me if I'm wrong, I drive all across Canada, same with people I work with... on the highway, it doesn't matter what speed I'm going, I ALWAYS try to be on the right lane... now if I happen to be going "faster" than the vehiclesssss in front, no big deal (I didn't say speeding)... once I come up to 2-3 car lengths behind, I do my left flasher, merge to left lane, once I see the entire vehicle passed my right side mirror, I signal right, move to right lane... And if there's another "slower" vehicle up ahead; repeat steps throughout my trip... INSTEAD of going 150km/h in the left lane, THINKING nobody else needs to use it up ahead. (both as a courtesy AND safety maneuver reasons for people driving on the right)
    You've described exactly how I drive.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E60,ITR

50 over is 6 demerits

My Ride
    '96 Jaguar XJ6

Originally posted by gpomp
    50 over is 6 demerits
    And a very large fine.

My Ride
    1991 toyota soarer, 1991 nissan Fairlady,Silvia

and they can take your licence on the spot as well as a court apearance

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by jinexile

You've described exactly how I drive.
    Ok I misinterpreted the initial story, I thought you were like this guy.

In answer to first post (now that I got facts), probably to show off, or challenge for a race then.
    Last edited by TomcoPDR; 08-28-2007 at 09:12 PM.

My Ride
    '96 Jaguar XJ6

Originally posted by pardip_johal
    and they can take your licence on the spot as well as a court apearance
    Sure can, is there any other legal penalties of going over 160 on the QE 2, which I didn't, that we missed?