Beyond iPhone Group Buy! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond iPhone Group Buy!

My Ride
    03 BMW M3

I am in i want one really bad!!!

My Ride
    a wrx.

I don't know too much about iPhone, but isn't the reason it's special is because it has all these special features that the cell provider has to support? Wouldn't the iPhone just work like any other phone over here with none of the special features?

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    I don't know too much about iPhone, but isn't the reason it's special is because it has all these special features that the cell provider has to support? Wouldn't the iPhone just work like any other phone over here with none of the special features?
    the iphone is basically 4 things. phone, ipod, internet and email. without an unlimited internet plan like the one that at&t offers, you're basically down to phone and ipod. other things like widgets, youtube, and maps also use the internet so you won't be getting those either. but i'm sure you could spend $200 a month on data charges if you really want to use the internet.

you could argue "oh but i still have wifi", that's great and all but the only place i know with good wifi is in my house and i'm pretty sure when i'm in my house i will be on my computer if i need to surf the net or check my email.

i've spent some ridiculous money on cell phones over the past few years but i think i'll wait a few months until rogers comes out with one that offers visual voicemail and unlimited data.

My Ride
    2001 &2003 TOYOTA Soarer Convertible

Originally posted by gpomp

i've spent some ridiculous money on cell phones over the past few years but i think i'll wait a few months until rogers comes out with one that offers visual voicemail and unlimited data.
    one can always dream of a unlimited data plan with Roger which never going to happen ...
    I am using both roger when I am in Calgary and AT&T when I am in the US for bussiness and I never dare to use my email in my PDA phone with roger ever but while in the US I use the AT&T data plan most of the time unless I am sitting at somewhere like a coffe shop which has WIFI... I will receive both of my iphone today and unlock them ASAP to use ROGER SIM card right away and will be using one with AT&T sim when I go to the US for bussiness next month....

My Ride
    2005 Honda Civic

I just moved to the USA last week, if I can help you out at all let me know. I'm thinking about getting one myself.
    Originally posted by adamc
    you can pretty much skip over any posts that have no punctuation, as a general rule of thumb.

Can someone tell me whats so great about the iphone? Is it because its touch screen? is basically an ipod?
    Originally posted by Thaco
    get an lcd for anywhere, with the 120/240hz it's superior in all ways.
    LOL

Lurking in some bushes outside your house
    My Ride
    S14/D21

Originally posted by copynpaste
    Can someone tell me whats so great about the iphone? Is it because its touch screen? is basically an ipod?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

I'm in Utah right now for a business trip... If I can get it unlocked back here in Calgary, I'm picking one up for myself and I may have $$$ room to get another in custom free as I'm here for 3 weeks...

My Ride
    2004 SRT4 S2, 2003 Caravan, 2006 Mazda 3.

Originally posted by TDA
    I'm in Utah right now for a business trip... If I can get it unlocked back here in Calgary, I'm picking one up for myself and I may have $$$ room to get another in custom free as I'm here for 3 weeks...
    Would you be able to purchase a handful or two of the phones?
    If so you can see the support on this forum alone to purchase ones once again baring we can have it unlocked.

My Ride
    party car

I'm very interested, I was actually down in Vegas not 3 weeks ago, and I had my money out to get the phone, but without real proof it's unlocked.. I'm on the fence
    I like things with wheels.

My Ride
    MB C63

what about buying off of apple.com or will they not ship to a canadian address? if thats the case we can setup a pickup box accross the border and just send them there.

I want one for sure

so i tried to get my auntie to bring me up a iPhone but when she went into AT&T they said she had to sign a 2 year contract in order to have the phone.

there supposedly was no contract purchasing?

GWBalla, tell your auntie to go to an Apple store, forget the AT&T Stores, the apple store will give it to you without contract and all that crap.

Originally posted by Jason04S1

Would you be able to purchase a handful or two of the phones?
    If so you can see the support on this forum alone to purchase ones once again baring we can have it unlocked.
    Well, I just checked my limit is $750 canadian.. so thats basically just 1 phone...

If you guys are willing to eat the duty fees, then sure I can bring more.., I have no idea what they are.... we just have to come up with a way so I'm not holding the bag on the phones or the duty fees...

It's just that it's pretty well known beyond has a rep for fickle guys who say they will 100% absolutely positively buy something and end up disappearing/noshow..

My Ride
    BMW E46 LSB ///M3

I'm Want one!
    Someone let me know whats going on when its all figured out and i can pay for mine

My Ride
    2004 SRT4 S2, 2003 Caravan, 2006 Mazda 3.

Originally posted by TDA

Well, I just checked my limit is $750 canadian.. so thats basically just 1 phone...

If you guys are willing to eat the duty fees, then sure I can bring more.., I have no idea what they are.... we just have to come up with a way so I'm not holding the bag on the phones or the duty fees...

It's just that it's pretty well known beyond has a rep for fickle guys who say they will 100% absolutely positively buy something and end up disappearing/noshow..
    Well... how much are these phones worth down there?
    What would duty cost be?

Like posted earlier i'm not sure how people would feel paypalling anyone money to go purchase something... but arrangements can be made.

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

im actually in the US right now for school, i could do the deal and bring it up xmas break, not sure if thats too far from now tho (dec22-31)

My Ride
    BMW E46 LSB ///M3

any idea whatsover when Canada will even start to see the iphone? I have heard numerous things and not even really sure who to believe.

A lot of people say we won't even get them, but then it would definately cool to have one if they never made it up through rogers!

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Originally posted by Jason04S1

Well... how much are these phones worth down there?
    What would duty cost be?

Like posted earlier i'm not sure how people would feel paypalling anyone money to go purchase something... but arrangements can be made.
    I picked up the 4GB one when I was down in the states this past week and it was $499 USD. The 8GB was $599. I didn't have to activate any kind of plan with it when you bought it at the Applestore. As for duties this is what I found when I looked it up on the Canadian Border Services Agency website:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/general/faq/menu-e.html#14
    What duties and taxes do I have to pay on imported goods?
    To find out the duty rate of an article, contact our Border Information Service (BIS). You can access BIS free of charge throughout Canada by calling: 1-800-461-9999. If you are calling from outside of Canada, you can access BIS by calling (204) 983-3500 or (506) 636-5064. Long distance charges will apply.
    You can also consult the Customs Tariff for more information.
    So if anyone wants to call....

I didn't have to pay any duty as I was in the states for 2 weeks.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Originally posted by funkedelic
    any idea whatsover when Canada will even start to see the iphone? I have heard numerous things and not even really sure who to believe.

A lot of people say we won't even get them, but then it would definately cool to have one if they never made it up through rogers!
    I've read a lot of the rumors as well but in all honesty it wouldn't be worth using the iPhone unless we got similar data rate plans as AT&T offers with their iPhones down in the states. But I personally can't conceive of Rogers ever doing that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast