Quantcast
Deportating immigrants who commit violent crimes - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Deportating immigrants who commit violent crimes

Default Deportating immigrants who commit violent crimes

Out of respect to Matt's friends and family this is a separate thread from the pickaxe murder thread, but I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks.

In the other thread it was brought up that the gang that the murderer showed up with was mostly Asian, which led me to believe that the killer was also Asian. My point was: if he was an immigrant, then he should be deported.

Originally posted by euro_racer
    this whole departing thing really makes me sick and it makes the people who talk about it look all that more racist IMO
    Originally posted by Konj
    No Canadian has the righ to tell an immigrant to get deported, immigrants have same right as canadians to be here. This is native land. If a native told a canadian you should be deported what would the canadian reply back?
    Makes me look racist? Really?

What 'right' do they have to immigrate here to Canada? Do you know how many immigration applications are turned away each year? Immigration is one hell of a privilidge, and far from a right.

We should be letting in the best and brightest into this country. There's no reason to take other country's filth and burden the rest of the people here with it. I would be strongly in favor of a law that said if an immigrant commits murder and is found guilty then they should be deported. I'd like to hear your reason for believing otherwise... it just doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited by kaput; 03-27-2019 at 12:48 AM.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Like you said, its a privilige not a right to immigrate. Deporting them right away might be a bit harsh, but then so is making taxpayers support them to stay in jail.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

So what happens to people who get deported? They are free to walk around with no punishment? Not sure how the victims of the crime would feel about that.

I'm not convinced deportation is the solution, but instead is something that just makes us feel all better inside because we don't have to deal with the problem.
    ---

My Ride
    German

Yeah ok. Good luck with that.

My Ride
    Highlander

I'm all for it. Make way for immigrants who actually give a shit about the country they're going to call home, who are willing to work hard, contribute to our economy and fit in with Canadian society. I also think Canada should buy a large cell in some horrible afghanistan prison, or somewhere else that has BRUTAL prisons and send every canadian murderer and rapist there, immigrant or not. I'd gladly pay tax dollars towards that, instead of the cupcake fest our prisoners get here.

My Ride
    POS

Don't they already do this? A while back my friend told me that his neighbors teenaged kid did something (very bad I'll assume) and the family was given like 24 or 48 hr notice to leave the country.

But regardless I'm 100% for it. If you can't respect the privilege just to be here then you should be sent back if you do any violent crimes because I don't want my tax payers paying for your sorry ass to stay in jail here. And no I'm not racist, i'm a redneck asian

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I thought we do deport them after they served their sentence. Didn't that street racer that killed someone in BC get deported back to India after his sentence was done?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by kenny
    So what happens to people who get deported? They are free to walk around with no punishment? Not sure how the victims of the crime would feel about that.

I'm not convinced deportation is the solution, but instead is something that just makes us feel all better inside because we don't have to deal with the problem.
    I'd say never being allowed back into the country they tried so hard to get into in the first place is pretty good punishment. Especially if you are sending them back to a country that's hell in comparison. Knowing you had the possibility of a sweet life and threw it away forever would likely hurt.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 10-02-2007 at 01:03 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Originally posted by kaput
    It should be any violent crime, not just murder.
    +1

My Ride
    V167

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/101684/se...fun-back-home/

Re: The comment about bringing in the "brightest and best" immigrants...yeah we already do that.....and most of them end up driving Taxi cabs because our system is so F'd up.

This topic comes up over and over again. It came up during the Samrat Dhunna case as well (he was the one who killed Raminder Dhadda after driving into their group on New Years).

If you are living here as a PR or citizen and have passed through all the normal processes of entering this country in a fair and equal manner then you should NOT be booted out. They have just as much of a right to be here as you do.

I'd say never being allowed back into the country they tried so hard to get into in the first place is pretty good punishment. Especially if you are sending them back to a country that's hell in comparison. Knowing you had the possibility of a sweet life and threw it away forever would likely hurt.
    According to the guy who got deported that Rage2 was talking about, it's the worst thing ever. Every year or so since he got sent away there is a big thing in the paper about how he wants so desperately to come back, and how it's inhumane treatment. It makes me smile

My Ride
    Bicycle

First of all, you don't get in with a criminal record. There are cases and ways to by pass but most of time they do deny those with bad records.

If you are not yet a citizen and in Canada in any status, you should serve your sentence and get deported regardless of the crime.

If you are a citizen, you should enjoy the same rights as other citizens in the country.

Please clarify what the "Immigrant" is.

Does it count people who has moved here long ago and has Canadian citizenship or people who's in Permanent Resident status?
    Last edited by culebra; 10-02-2007 at 01:15 PM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Once you are deemed a Canadian citizen.... or actually even permanent resident, being " exported "cannot be an option.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Antonito

According to the guy who got deported that Rage2 was talking about, it's the worst thing ever. Every year or so since he got sent away there is a big thing in the paper about how he wants so desperately to come back, and how it's inhumane treatment. It makes me smile
    Good, it should make you smile those rare times it does happen. The real shame is that we cannot punish people that were born here in a way that is comparable.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Good, it should make you smile those rare times it does happen. The real shame is that we cannot punish people that were born here in a way that is comparable.
    We can. We just don't.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Tent city prison at the most Northern part of Canada. You don't even have to build walls. One guard in an unpenetrable gun tower that can shoot down any rescue attempts, air drop the supplies and let them fight to the death over them.

Also, "When Killer Whales attack prisoners" would be an instant classic, I'd buy at least 10 copies

Originally posted by Xtrema

If you are a citizen, you should enjoy the same rights as other citizens in the country.

What are the next laws you'd like to enforce differently to this second class of canadians?
    Last edited by szw; 10-02-2007 at 01:28 PM.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    First of all, you don't get in with a criminal record. There are cases and ways to by pass but most of time they do deny those with bad records.
    As much as I don't doubt that this is "on the books" I have a hard time believing it happens considering how often you here about violence and the next phrase is "XXXXX was known for violent behavior in his home country of YYYY"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast