Quantcast
Wcb - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Wcb

Default Wcb

I am not sure how to go about this. Long story short my dad hurt his back at work about 2-3 years ago. At first WCB was good about compensating him, but ever since he has refused to have back surgery (told by others that it's not worth it) they have been cutting the amount of money he is to receive as compensation. To me this is a tactic that they are using to more or less pressure him into having surgery.

I have done a search and come up with nothing on Beyond, also have done a search on Google and the only thing I have been able to come up with is that the WCB is a corrupt system. They are more worried about keeping a good relationship with the employer then the injured employee.

I was hoping that maybe someone on here has had to deal with them in a similar situation and what was the possible out come. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

why wouldn't he get the surgery and continue to be on Workers comp....I think some of the people who use workers comp are the ones that are corrupt...If you dad was smart he would have taken the advice of the dr. that told him to get the surgery done....

My Ride
    Acura CL

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
    why wouldn't he get the surgery and continue to be on Workers comp....I think some of the people who use workers comp are the ones that are corrupt...If you dad was smart he would have taken the advice of the dr. that told him to get the surgery done....
    not all back surgery's are successful and it can make it worse in the long run... my dad has a back problem and refuses to have surgery

My Ride
    V167

WCB = the biggest fuckers in the world. I'll post more about this later.

Originally posted by 7thgenvic

His doctor has advised against it, but when he went to an appointment that was set up by WCB the doctor told him that it would be best for him get the surgery done. His(my dad) doctor told him that the success rate for sussessful surgerys are not that great in the long run, you run into more problems.

My understanding is that WCB is not long term disability. If your father does not do the treatement then by his choice he will no longer be able to do his job. WCB will not go on forever.

Maybe it's time to switch over to long term disability.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by dharminder
    His doctor has advised against it, but when he went to an appointment that was set up by WCB the doctor told him that it would be best for him get the surgery done.
    Wow big f'in surprise that is, sort of reminds me of those O&G company's with their own "scientists." If I were in your father's shoes I'd be looking at getting more opinions, although his current physician is at least being honest with him it seems it can't hurt.

Just out of curiosity, even if your father were to go ahead with the surgery, what kind of wait times is he looking at?
    Ultracrepidarian

I am not 100% positive but from my understanding is that he is already on long term. But even with that they seem to be screwing around with the amount he should be getting.
    I have spoken to others and they have suggested that this matter be taken to a lawyer, before something like this happens I came to the members of Beyond, that my have had some run in with WCB and wanted to know if they had a positive out come or did they have to get a lawyer to look into there case

My Ride
    Bicycle

Well, if whichever system you're getting money from, there'll be rule to follow.

Sounds like you options are:

1) Hire a lawyer to dispute the medical opinion of WCB.

2) Switch to a different program like Dayglow suggested.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 10-15-2007 at 10:59 AM.

Take it to a lawyer for sure. WCB has to pretty much be a bunch of pricks because of people who scam the system, and it screws over legit cases too. And screw the WCB doctor, get a third opinion, one that isn't your family doctor, but isn't on the WCB payroll either.

Thank for all the help so far if anyone has any more insight that would be of much help. I would like to have more then enough information before proceeding.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

my father has been on WCB for too many years to count. has has been in surgery more times than i care to remember.

Currently, he is in a legal battle with WCB over the money he was to receive. after talking to them for years over it, last year they finally got a lawyer involved. things have now been discovered, like for instance, 2 cheques he was to receive back in 1999, one for $36,000 and another for $22,000, that he never received, but had been cashed.

My wife is still currently in a legal battle with WCB over a car accident.

WCB seems to me to be a very corrupt organization, that will protect the employer, and not the employee. Get a Lawyer, and nail these asshats to the wall.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.