Quantcast
Taking a fellow beyonder to small claims court - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking a fellow beyonder to small claims court

My Ride
    2000 Neon

From what I have gathered...they stopped talking after the OP said he could arrange to have it picked up but the seller said it's fine right now. The seller could have easily, at any time, told the buyer he wants it picked up and out of his garage. He failed to do so so the OP felt everything was fine.

Of course the OP is pretty dumb for leaving it that long, but in my opinion from the chain of PM's it seems like there was no cause for concern and that the seller would notify him if he needed it out.

3 years is ridiculous to store something, but I don't feel that the seller of the engine is in the right here.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Its the point people.. do any of you people have ethics or are you all future slimeball lawyers who look for those small loopholes to piss people off? It's pretty cut and dry.. you give someone money they supply you with the product. If there are discrepencies along the way then you deal with them or come to some sort of agreement.

It really astonishes me how many people support lildan..no honour or morals whatsoever.
    Honour or Morals? Really, what did you want littledan to do? He frickin' MOVED. Did you expect him to move a 300lb motor with him that doesn't belong to him? I would've done the same thing.

3 years is a long time man.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by rage2

Honour or Morals? Really, what did you want littledan to do? He frickin' MOVED. Did you expect him to move a 300lb motor with him that doesn't belong to him? I would've done the same thing.

3 years is a long time man.
    Maybe its just me but I couldnt just take someones money without fullfilling my end of the deal. I wouldnt just take someones money and stiff em.. thats not the right thing to do. Integrity is important in business man.. wether it's a $100 deal or a $160000 deal.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride

^^
    where is the integrity in using someone as free storage for 3 years?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by 5hift
    ^^
    Leo offered to compensate him.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

^^
    Really.

If someone asked me to store their couch for a month while they moved, and didn't get back to me for 2 years, it'd be in the trash.

As said, bad on littledan for not trying to get ahold of him (he could have made a general announcement in Beyond, something like "hey, and old member bought this engine from me in summer 2005, anyone know who it was?", but worse for ludelvr to abuse his space, then make a stink about it when he finds out it's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride

any offer that is close to current going rates, would probably make what leo owes more than what the engine is worth.

What flip him a 50 and then having to hang onto a engine for 3 years is all ok?

Leo offered to compensate him.

3 Years = 36 months @ a unrealistic low rate of 30 dollars a month would mean Leo owes lildan 80 dollars.

I think leo should call this matter a day and take it as a lesson learned.
    Last edited by Type RA-R; 11-15-2007 at 11:08 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Maybe its just me but I couldnt just take someones money without fullfilling my end of the deal. I wouldnt just take someones money and stiff em.. thats not the right thing to do. Integrity is important in business man.. wether it's a $100 deal or a $160000 deal.
    He didn't. He sold the motor to Leo, which Leo owned. It sat there for 3 years. After that kind of time, it's not a dick move to assume the owner doesn't want it anymore.

any offer that is close to current going rates, would probably make what leo owes more than what the engine is worth.
    Originally posted by Type RA-R
    3 Years = 36 months @ a unrealistic low rate of 30 dollars a month would mean Leo owes lildan 80 dollars.
    Exactly why I said Leo will lose if it goes to court. I'm friends with Leo, and can't side with him at all.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by krisopotamus
    The seller could have easily, at any time, told the buyer he wants it picked up and out of his garage.
    littledan wrote on 11-21-2005 09:06 PM:
    ya man come drage it away anytime sooner the better!!!
    littledan wrote on 12-05-2005 12:24 AM:
    well it's not a huge deal but i would like it gone the sooner the better. or else i'm gonna start stealing all the parts off it. haha jk just let me know if you have an accurate estimate of when you can pick it up. for the meantime i'm moving it to the corner of my gargage

My Ride
    06 B7 Quattro

Good read, with good lessons to be learned. Leo, I know how you feel as I've been caught in a similar type of situation before. At the end of the day, you just cannot trust someone you don't know, no matter how good they come across. I feel bad saying this, as I know not all people are bad people, but this is the unfortunate truth. I think both of you handled this transaction very poorly, and I know with hindsight being 20/20 you both see that. Really, this is a catch 22 situation for the both of you, you both are as equally right as you are wrong. As for littledan, while i do see your logic, i will say from what i have seen in the pm chain that was displayed, how you chose to articulate your responses was very poor. As for the both of you not talking to each other for 2 years and forgetting about the transaction, that was just a dumb move by the both of you. Really, dunno who to side with as I empathize with the both of you on one level or another.

This story just confirms to me how money can really affect a person in how they choose to deal with a situation. It is positive to see that there are members on here who do believe in honesty and integrity, but at the same time I feel these are virtues that are displayed less by people now as we all feel entitled to get 'whats ours' so to speak. As buyers and sellers, we do have to protect our interests, with that being said, when something does go wrong with a transaction, while the money is important, i feel doing whats right is also equally important.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by aram1000
    I think both of you handled this transaction very poorly, and I know with hindsight being 20/20 you both see that. Really, this is a catch 22 situation for the both of you, you both are as equally right as you are wrong.
    That just about sums it up. Either side could have done more and we wouldn't be where we are. Unfortunately, neither side took the initiative. The responsibility is equal.

Yes Ludelvr is really getting the short end of the stick, even littledan admitted that. But what can you do? It would be a nice gesture if littledan would return any portion of the original $1000 but I don't see that happening.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Its the point people.. do any of you people have ethics or are you all future slimeball lawyers who look for those small loopholes to piss people off? It's pretty cut and dry.. you give someone money they supply you with the product. If there are discrepencies along the way then you deal with them or come to some sort of agreement.

It really astonishes me how many people support lildan..no honour or morals whatsoever.
    Leo fucked over Dan by leaving a motor with Dan for 3 years. Don't YOUR morals step in there?

The funniest thing about this thread is that judging by the 2 years already passed, I would say Leo had no intention of picking up the engine ever.

My Ride
    Is a GSR EGG

All you that keep saying shit about strage fees, why would he pay to store something that he doesnt get in the end? So he loses his thousand dollars to store the engine in which dan sold to someone else? Think about it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by lumss
    All you that keep saying shit about strage fees, why would he pay to store something that he doesnt get in the end? So he loses his thousand dollars to store the engine in which dan sold to someone else? Think about it.
    That's the thing... Leo didn't PAY for the storage fee.

If it goes to court, it'll get calculated like this. Let's assume the court assessed the storage fee at $1000 (a low figure).

Leo pays $1000 for engine. Leo owns the engine. It sits at dan's house. Dan charges Leo $1000 for storage. Leo needs to pay dan $1000 to get the engine back. Engine is worth $1000, cancels out.

Now, if the courts assess storage fee to be $1500, Leo would then owe dan another $500 more on top of the engine itself. Plus court costs.

Think about it!

Take it to court. I'll run a Calcutta on the payouts when that happens.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Get rage2 to pick it up Pay rage2 in hot leo sex and the problem is solved.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

By the sound of this Leo guy it wouldn't have mattered if he's picked it up anyway because I bet he'd find some other weak reason to try and swindle the $1000 back from littledan.

2005, Leo picks up engine

THREE YEARS LATER.....

Leo: Hey littledan remember that engine I bought from you three years ago?

littledan: Yeah.

Leo: Well, it spun a rod, and it'll be $2500 to rebuild the engine.

littledan: Uh ok...

Leo: Yeah so when can I get the $2500 you owe me for selling me a bunk engine?

littedan: Yeaaaah. Right.

Leo (crip walking and throwing gang signs): Do you know who you're fucking with? I'm gonna sue your ass.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Originally posted by PKRipper
    By the sound of this Leo guy it wouldn't have mattered if he's picked it up anyway because I bet he'd find some other weak reason to try and swindle the $1000 back from littledan.

2005, Leo picks up engine

THREE YEARS LATER.....

Leo: Hey littledan remember that engine I bought from you three years ago?

littledan: Yeah.

Leo: Well, it spun a rod, and it'll be $2500 to rebuild the engine.

littledan: Uh ok...

Leo: Yeah so when can I get the $2500 you owe me for selling me a bunk engine?

littedan: Yeaaaah. Right.

Leo (crip walking and throwing gang signs): Do you know who you're fucking with? I'm gonna sue your ass.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Originally posted by PKRipper

LMAO, anyway the whole situation is really shitty, but after 3 years that is stretching it, as well if I didnt hear anything after 6 months I wouldve thought the buyer was MIA and didnt give a fuck anymore

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast