Quantcast
Question about another dog attacking my dog. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about another dog attacking my dog.

My Ride
    GC8 Sti R

Default Question about another dog attacking my dog.

Hey guys i dont know where i would find an answer to this so ill ask here, if anyone has had an experience like this i would really value your input.
    My step dad took my dog for a walk this afternoon and just up the path from me is a house with a large Akita dog, and a sign on the fence that says beware of dog. My dog, like most other dogs, likes to run along fences and sniff around them, she was not on her leash at the time because the path behind our house is an off leash area. Anyways, as she went to sniff this fence she found a hole underneath where she could put her nose in, as she did the Akita attacked her and my dog was quite badly injured, theres blood all over my back yard, and the vet is going to charge us about 800-900 all together.

Am i in the right being really pissed off at the owners of the Akita? i mean if you are going to have a large dog that likes to bite the shit out of anything, shouldnt you be obligated to make SURE that your fence has no spots where another dog or small child can come into contact with it? i know there is a sign on the fence, but for some reason my dog cant quite grasp reading english, she didnt know any better.
    What would you guys do in my situation? or can i do anything?

it was ur dog who did it, not your dogs fault but rather your step fathers..

its not like that dog jumped over the fence or anything, it was your dog going into its yard.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

From an insurance perspective:

If the area adjacent to the property is an off leash area then the owner of the home is obligated to ensure that there is no way for other dogs / pets / kids to get in. The owner of the Akita would be liable for your expenses. Ask the owner to pay for it and if they don't, call the police.

Putting a "beware of dog" sign up does not mean that the owner is not liable, it actually makes it worse for them. It acknowledges that their dog is dangerous.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

take it from me as i am experienced with something similar as last year my dog and myself were attacked by a pitbull, the owner of the akita is 100% liable for any damages to you or your dog. Also does the akita have a dog license?
    It doesn't matter where the attack occurs, on their land or yours or public... the owner of the dog that attacks and causes damage is 100% liable for any damages. You shoulda called animal services, they will get a hefty fine for their dog attacking yours, plus a fine if their dog isn't licensed and you can also ask for the court to have them pay your vet bill, in 99% of the cases they will have to pay it especially if they are fined for attacking your dog and pay it, thus they plead guilty to what happened. If they choose to go to court and not pay their fines they will still lose and you can still get your vet bill paid...

here's what the pitbull did to my dog, not to mention it almost shredded my arm...
    (GRAPHIC)

DTP 2006 Best Girl Tuner

also as said by Masked Bandit, having the beware of dog sign does NOT protect the owner in anyway, the only sign that you can buy and not be liable for attacks is if you buy a "guard dog on duty" sign. Also if they are charged by animal services it can be very well likely they will have to label their dog a vicious animal if the court or animal services so feels the need to charge them with this, if their dog has previously history of attacking other animals or people and/or if the owners admit to their dog being aggressive towards other animals.
    The cost of licensing a vicious dog is much higher and they have to purchase a kennel, muzzel, vicious dog warning signs and will have strict rules of where the animal can be taken.

Hope this helps, pm me if you have any more questions.
    DTP 2006 Best Girl Tuner

My Ride
    GTI

So fucking stupid, I feel sorry for you and your dog, but your dog put its nose onto another person's property and got bit?

The hole was only big enough for her nose? What do you want, their yard to be air tight?

Shit happens. Unless the hole is big enough for the dog to actually get in the yard, I think you're just being a prick.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 12-02-2007 at 04:33 PM.

^^ learn to spell.

And what if it was a toddler sticking its hand under that fence. Grab a brain.
    DTP 2006 Best Girl Tuner

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by BoostMonkey
    ^^ learn to spell.

And what if it was a toddler sticking its hand under that fence. Grab a brain.
    What kind of dumb ass parent lets their kid crawl under someone elses fence?

I put a w where one doesn't belong after 3 weeks of sleeping no more than 5 hours a night. Look through my entire post history and find 1 other spelling mistake and I'll give you $200.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

BoostMonkey, what is that protruding out of the wounds on your dogs chest?

Also, it's muzzle, not muzzel...

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by Hakkola

I put a w where one doesn't belong after 3 weeks of sleeping no more than 5 hours a night. Look through my entire post history and find 1 other spelling mistake and I'll give you $200.

Found one:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...33#post2221033

It's helicopter, not helicoptor, $200 please

Originally posted by badatusrnames
    BoostMonkey, what is that protruding out of the wounds on your dogs chest?

Also, it's muzzle, not muzzel...
    those are drainage tubes. Her jugular was hanging out so they have to do emergency surgery and those tube just drain all the excess blood and fluids so it doesn't swell up and get infected.

and thankyou for the correction. I'm french so some of my words may be spelt different, it's fun going to university and getting docked marks for spelling some things with 're' instead of 'er' haha

Best of luck to ya Datsun-Fever!
    DTP 2006 Best Girl Tuner

My Ride
    Vmax

What kind of dumb ass parent lets their kid crawl under someone elses fence?

-200.00$

My Ride
    NC1

^^^ LOL
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Vmax

Phone The city and give them the address of where it happenend .

When my neighbors dog went after mine they were on scene in 15 min. They treated it very seriously.

My Ride
    335i

Bullshit that an owner whose dog is fenced and within his own yard is liable for injuries sustained to dogs that force their way into the property.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Bullshit that an owner whose dog is fenced and within his own yard is liable for injuries sustained to dogs that force their way into the property.

LOL No shit! Keep an eye on your own fucking dog!!

I assure you its not "bullshit". Check Calgary's laws and bylaws. I went to court for a similar incident and I can give valid advice that its the Akita owners liabilty.
    If you have a problem with this law then I suggest taking it up with the city of calgary otherwise just be a responsible pet owner as you are a responsible car driver and make sure there's no liabilities for yourself or pet to cause damage to another person/animal.
    DTP 2006 Best Girl Tuner

My Ride
    335i

I assure you its not "bullshit". Check Calgary's laws and bylaws. I went to court for a similar incident and I can give valid advice that its the Akita owners liabilty.
    If you have a problem with this law then I suggest taking it up with the city of calgary otherwise just be a responsible pet owner as you are a responsible car driver and make sure there's no liabilities for yourself or pet to cause damage to another person/animal.
    Do you know the bylaw?
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by badatusrnames

Found one:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...33#post2221033

It's helicopter, not helicoptor, $200 please
    Holy shit, amazing! To be fair I had been drinking though. That is retarded, good thing I only provided boostmonkey with the offer.

Originally posted by max_boost

LOL No shit! Keep an eye on your own fucking dog!!
    What happened to people taking responsibility for their own problems? They always have to blame someone else.

Like I said, I feel sorry for his dog, but there is always a way for a pet to get into a yard. What if it was a chinchilla, or a pet mouse? Where do you draw the line? We're going to have to start putting sealed bubbles around our property if this shit keeps up.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 12-02-2007 at 04:59 PM.

My Ride
    POS

So fucking stupid, I feel sorry for you and your dog, but your dog put its nose onto another person's property and got bit?

The hole was only big enough for her nose? What do you want, their yard to be air tight?

Shit happens. Unless the hole is big enough for the dog to actually get in the yard, I think you're just being a prick.

Sorry man, me being a responsible driver, if a dog ran in front of me in the middle of the road and I smoke it, the dogs owner would be liable for my damages even if the dog dies because of it, unless I was driving my car through a field that allowed animals to run around unleashed.

Eventhough I'm on the akita owners side, the laws the law I guess.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast