Quantcast
Just a plug. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Just a plug.

Default Just a plug.

Just a plug for the various shops that were involved in Project Horror a.k.a. POS JDM DSM now that it is complete (sort of). Only shops that gave good service are listed, and I would highly reccomend them all to anyone that is looking for their various services.

www.streetimports.com - Great service, awsome prices, and very helpful when I incountered problems. Warrenty is a good thing!
    (engine)

Summit Racing Equipment - Excellent prices and a huge variety of parts. The bulk of my parts were bought from them, they even sent two free fender covers. Free stuff is a good thing!
    (parts)

Reliable Engine Repair - They know their shit. Work was done quickly and all parts were in stock. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.
    (head)

Acklands Grainger - Cheap cheap cheap!
    (steering rack)

Aero-Tech (next to davenport) - Quality work, done quickly and customer service was second to none.
    (block welding)

ABC muffler and hitch shop (edmonton) - Again cheap, and good service.
    (muffler)

And last but certianly not least,
    Renfrew Chrysler parts counter - While prices arn't exactly the cheapest, some things can only be ordered through the dealer. At least the guys behind the counter are a bunch of goofballs and make it fun to do business with them.
    (various odds and ends)

Usually only the negative experiences with shops are told so I thought I might change it up a little and post the positive experiences. If anyone is interrested I can post the contact info for these shops if need be.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

Default Re: Just a plug.

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    J
    And last but certianly not least,
    Renfrew Chrysler parts counter - While prices arn't exactly the cheapest, some things can only be ordered through the dealer. At least the guys behind the counter are a bunch of goofballs and make it fun to do business with them.
    (various odds and ends)
    Yup, they certainly are Plus they will try and look up part through the computer from other stores and warehouse. Other dealerships won't even try to help you.

Airdrie is cheaper for the same part but then that's a long drive.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

you for got to mention speedville..say hi to shoobs i think he works there
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

My friend is the reciptionest at aero-tech, at least she use to be.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

yeah speedvilles awesome

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

I got some work done at Speedville, Karl helped me out a lot and really went out of his way to hook me up!
    I should also plug WWW.STREETIMPORTS.COM , I got my H22A from them and they really went out of their way to help me out! Great customer service is exceedingly rare these days, and it's important to let the shops know when they are doing a great job!
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    03 Civic SiR

Originally posted by kevie88
    I got some work done at Speedville, Karl helped me out a lot and really went out of his way to hook me up!
    I should also plug WWW.STREETIMPORTS.COM , I got my H22A from them and they really went out of their way to help me out! Great customer service is exceedingly rare these days, and it's important to let the shops know when they are doing a great job!
    where are they located?
    how much was it for your shipping...??

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

I heard a rumour about some guys that work at speedville. I am not one to spread rumours but i heard there was a bunch a people that work /owned speedville got busted for stealing cars? Is that true or BS? I just wondering that is it!

Originally posted by redline
    I heard a rumour about some guys that work at speedville. I am not one to spread rumours but i heard there was a bunch a people that work /owned speedville got busted for stealing cars? Is that true or BS? I just wondering that is it!

One of the guys that worked there was one of the guys that stole the parts from that 911 turbo or something like that a while back... rage knows the real story.

Originally posted by exr90

where are they located?
    how much was it for your shipping...??
    Ontario. Depends on how you ship it and what motor you want.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Ontario. Depends on how you ship it and what motor you want.
    Yeah, depends on what yer after. Mine was around $300 for shipping, but the freight company got screwed up and sent the motor to the wrong place, and street imports refunded me my shipping money before they even got the go-ahead from the shipping company. Great service!
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by bol

One of the guys that worked there was one of the guys that stole the parts from that 911 turbo or something like that a while back... rage knows the real story.
    It was one of the guys who worked there, the owner was not involved and the employee in question has been terminated. Its almost an entirely new staff in there anyways. WHen I was in to get my race tires mounted and balanced, I only recognized colin and karl. They were the only two who knew their ass from a hole in the ground anyways.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Yeah, they had some NERDS working there in the past.. Karl is a good guy however
    Bought not built!