Quantcast
Junk removal who to use?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Junk removal who to use??

Default Junk removal who to use??

This is the situation...and wondering who to use to clean up a mess left by tenants which include garbage bags galore, double beds, stove and lots of personal belongings.
    I need recommendations on who to contact to clean this mess up. The City bylaw are breathing down my neck so must be done fast.

Had to help a buddy with this, grab 2 freinds, beer, a u haul cube van big enough for it all, and headf off to the dump.

Cheap truck + Dump is cheap, beats any $500 removal of shit quote ive gotten.

My Ride
    Miller

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
    Had to help a buddy with this, grab 2 freinds, beer, a u haul cube van big enough for it all, and headf off to the dump.

Cheap truck + Dump is cheap, beats any $500 removal of shit quote ive gotten.
    I'd rather pay some guys a couple hundred bucks from the damage deposit than waste a day cleaning other peoples junk. I dunno...

My Ride
    1960 Bel Air Brookwood

haven't you seen those cars driving around? i swear i see one once a day... they say GOT JUNK? on them...but i forget the number, I'll keep an eye out
    check out the unit....http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336571

My Ride
    300 Limited

Originally posted by btown
    haven't you seen those cars driving around? i swear i see one once a day... they say GOT JUNK? on them...but i forget the number, I'll keep an eye out
    Whatever you do, do NOT use Got Junk. I've seen bills worth $3500 for a few trucks of worth of garbage. As mentioned above, get a few friends, or pay someone (not company) to do it, and you'll be much better off. You've been warned.
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

Originally posted by Jason Lange

I'd rather pay some guys a couple hundred bucks from the damage deposit than waste a day cleaning other peoples junk. I dunno...
    Guess u enjoy being raped out the ass for their 2 hours worth of time?

Spending $120 for a half days work, compared to getting a quote for $500-2000, I'm sure most poeple would be happy with the savings.

My Ride
    Miller

Guess u enjoy being raped out the ass for their 2 hours worth of time?

Spending $120 for a half days work, compared to getting a quote for $500-2000, I'm sure most poeple would be happy with the savings.
    Wow didn't think they ever got that high up there. If that is the case I would do it myself also.

Ya, we got a few different quotes, same pile of crap to take and that was the differences.

I think its liek $40 for those cube vans for uhaul, and a full truck was only like $40 at the dump

Originally posted by urban.one
    Dump anywhere in the SE or NE.
    Your an idiot, you enjoy the city you live in looking like shit?

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Got Junk gives out quotes based on how much of the truck you use. 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, etc.

I've used them before and I didn't have a problem with them and I cleaned out my garage. I had everything piled in the middle and when they came they just put it all in the truck. Simple and relatively painless.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    300 Limited

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    Got Junk gives out quotes based on how much of the truck you use. 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, etc.

Simple and relatively painless.
    For $500 a truck it better be.
    It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice.

My Ride
    2001 black box

garbage good guys thier my friend juss say u know me

My Ride
    Lease

Call your local community landscaper (community monthly booklet), mine charges me $50-$100 (volume about 3 pick-up boxes and 3-4 feet in height; but sharing with other people), but I got to wait for his "dump days"... sometimes it's a hit and miss though (if 1st in line fills 3/4 of his box and you need 1/2 of junk)

My Ride
    The EI Gravy Train - Choo Choo!

I used to work for one of those "student junk hauling" companies, and yeah, they can get expensive. They'll charge you extra if it's extra heavy stuff (dirt, concrete etc) and if it's light stuff, they charge by volume. Plus, they charge by time if the junk isn't already out by the curb.
    In the end, you need to figure out how much your time is worth. for me, since I own a truck, I'll just go to the dump myself.

My Ride
    stakes into the hearts of vampires

No matter what do not use 310 DUMP. They always underquote and keep out many hidden charges. Usually they'll say the biggest bin is $150 ,and nothing more, then when you get your bill they hit you with a weight charge, a pick up, a delivery and other random charges. They don't know how to be upfront on prices at all.

My Ride
    1989 Civic SI

310DUMP isnt bad ive ised them lots of times, for regular shit i think it was 350 for a full 1 tonne box full of shit... they get the job done fast and if you offer them a tip they will lower there price a bunch and say there wasnt much, i gave these 2 guys each 20 bucks and they gave me the 1/2 truck price for a full truck worth of junk...they all young kids and are only getting like 9 bucks an hour so offer em 20 bucks each to lower the price...if they refuse then tell em to fuck off and call another company lol...just whatever you do dont give them a credit card pay by cash...best way...so yea offer em 20 bucks each and they will lower the price ALOT

What I did was order a big ass garbage can from a company and they hauled it away for me. All things included, it was <$300. All I did was have to fill it. Just round up a couple buddies for a day to throw everything in the garbage bin. They pick it up 1week later and haul it to the dump.

My Ride
    stakes into the hearts of vampires

Originally posted by ZC_CIVIC
    310DUMP isnt bad ive ised them lots of times, for regular shit i think it was 350 for a full 1 tonne box full of shit... they get the job done fast and if you offer them a tip they will lower there price a bunch and say there wasnt much, i gave these 2 guys each 20 bucks and they gave me the 1/2 truck price for a full truck worth of junk...they all young kids and are only getting like 9 bucks an hour so offer em 20 bucks each to lower the price...if they refuse then tell em to fuck off and call another company lol...just whatever you do dont give them a credit card pay by cash...best way...so yea offer em 20 bucks each and they will lower the price ALOT
    How do you not use a credit card? they take a deposit when they drop off a bin to you. Either way, they're really fast and reliable, the prices just suck and they have huge hidden charges.

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Ya, we got a few different quotes, same pile of crap to take and that was the differences.

I think its liek $40 for those cube vans for uhaul, and a full truck was only like $40 at the dump
    where can one rent a cube van for around 40/day? I called a few rental places like driving force, they want $125 + 0.23 for every KM....brutal

i got so much shit in the basement that has to go....anyone wants some free CRT monitors haha.

My Ride
    A4/Tundra

Please DO NOT use 1-800-GOT-JUNK? I worked there for over two years.

They market the business as environmentally friendly and the guys who load the junk (me included) used to outright lie to customers saying things would be recycled. We would then drive to the dump and pay $30 to dump ALL there crap.

The full truck is now around $600

Call the smaller guys if you need it done. YES they are less reliable, but a fraction of the cost.

Moe's Disposal
    310-JUNK

etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast