Quantcast
Property Management Companies - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Property Management Companies

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Question Property Management Companies

Hey guys,

I'm part of my condo board and we are in the process of firing our current property management company and looking for a replacement.

Can anyone here recommend a top notch company?

The company we are firing is Larlyn

We are currently using PEKA, http://www.peka.ab.ca. They seem to be pretty good.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by armae
    We are currently using PEKA, http://www.peka.ab.ca. They seem to be pretty good.
    What type of condo complex do you live in? Number of units? Type of building? Amenities?

Originally posted by 89coupe

What type of condo complex do you live in? Number of units? Type of building? Amenities?
    I live in Tara Springs. Not sure how many units there are but it's a townhouse condo. http://www.partnershomes.ca/images/t.../Amenities.pdf

My Ride
    TRD Pro

We use Larlyn.. what kind of issues have you been having?

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by R-Audi
    We use Larlyn.. what kind of issues have you been having?
    The list is a mile long but the main concern is, slow or no response to major repairs and concerns that have been brought to their attention.

They have gone through 3 property Managers in the last three years at their company. They have some issues.

The VP District Manger came to our last meeting and had no response to our concerns or questions. Just sat there basically mute.

I absolutely DO NOT recommend Emerald Property Management. They have horrible service and will not return phone calls. I have no idea why large buildings use their services, but we've had nothing but trouble with them.

We've recently switched to Ultimate Property management, which seems to be much better, but I still have a couple minor issues with them, however nowhere near as bad as Emerald.

My condo is a small operation, 12 units and 2 individual buildings downtown.

My Ride
    V8 Toy

We use CRESI (Consolidated Real Estate Services Inc). Property Manager has been great to us. Last one there was a . Let me know if you want her contact info and see who she can recommend for your building.
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by Rav4Guy
    We use CRESI (Consolidated Real Estate Services Inc). Property Manager has been great to us. Last one there was a . Let me know if you want her contact info and see who she can recommend for your building.
    Sure, that would be great.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

May as well stay away from Condo First as well. They are useless and incompetant.

My Ride
    BMW E70

We use Diversified and I wouldn't recommend them. Our property manager is slow to respond and doesn't follow through with issues that he says he will.

We have been looking at York West, which has come highly recommended to me.

My Ride
    BMW E70

Originally posted by Pacman
    May as well stay away from Condo First as well. They are useless and incompetant.
    Condominium First is THE absolute worst! We were quick to get rid of them in another building I have.

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Try MCM Property Management ask for Stephanie 262-7955

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-20-2020 at 12:36 PM.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by armae
    I can vouch for them. Lived in an larger townhouse community in Banff that was run by them. Good stuff.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

Aim Real Estate Managers

My Ride
    Taco

We use ACMS-Accredited Condominium Management Services

They've always seemed reliable, I know my 233 unit condo is just one of many for them

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
    We use Diversified and I wouldn't recommend them. Our property manager is slow to respond and doesn't follow through with issues that he says he will.

We have been looking at York West, which has come highly recommended to me.
    Yea those guys are a bunch of I've been taking care of my parent's condos since I was in high school, the one signing for condo fees. Then they announced this gay ass rule that any rental units are subject to damage deposit from the owner (landlord) to THEIR management company; to earn interest . (let along these are OUR units, and we've retained D.D. from tenants)

So I wrote cheques corresponding to the units, then they kept sending letters (saying we owe them D.D. $$ since they're rentals)... I got to the bottom of it... turns out because my name (on the cheques) isn't the registered owner of the units (in my parents), they "misplaced" or didn't know where my cheques went (even though funds are withdrawn and I clearly wrote down in the subject line "Owner's damage deposit for unit ###, 123 Ave, Calgary", etc...)

Marched to their office on 16th Ave when I was 16 , demanded satisfaction, manager at the time Doug Wavrok (matter of public record anyways) was being an ass dink totally disrespectin', so I gave him the "do you know who I am" speech (even though I'm nobody ) What a dink, and he pretends he doesn't know what you're talking about, plays dumb and shit. (i.e. "What money?, I don't see any credit entries for those units, who are you again?? etc..."

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    C-Era has been decent in my experience. They manage a number of fairly large complexes and are very quick to respond to problems.
    Yea Gail Byman is really nice over there www.cerapm.com

My Ride
    BMW E70

^^^ Doug Wavrock is no longer with Diversified. I never worked directly with him, but some other members of my condo board have and they hold him in the highest regard.

We are just at a place where we are not sure if its worthwhile to change, what guarantee do we have that our new management company isn't going to suck like our current one? That was our dilemma.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
    ^^^ Doug Wavrock is no longer with Diversified.
    Yea, we're talking about yearssss ago... back when Calgary housing (espeically Condos) weren't really "hot" and it's like "you own condos, big freakin' deal, they're worthless"... so being a kid, based on that experience ALONG (so yes, it's bias), he failed me. (never gave a rat's ass in spending the time figuring out where MY money went, even though I have legit reasons to be related to a condo project they were managing at the time)

Anyways those were years ago, things change I know, I'm sure I'm just as old and senile as most of the property managers out there so I'm sure I've started seeing things their view.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast