Quantcast
For you FPS gamers..10 best weapons. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: For you FPS gamers..10 best weapons.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Default For you FPS gamers..10 best weapons.

I thinks it has been posted before... not sure though...

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Couldnt find it when i searched

that video brought back so many memories... i love the original doom...

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

The Golden Gun ftw lol
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

rail and rocket launcher in quake 3

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Seanith
    The Golden Gun ftw lol
    PFFT, GoldenEye (while a great game) wasn't revolutionary in any way, and neither were its weapons.

My Ride
    95 Del Sol

Plasma cannon from Turok Evolution with the tracker upgrade beats out half of these guns

My Ride
    RX300

Originally posted by qrankz
    rail and rocket launcher in quake 3
    i preferred it in quake 2.

does gears of war count? if so, then the torque bow

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

IMO Gravity gun in HL2 hands down

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by A790

PFFT, GoldenEye (while a great game) wasn't revolutionary in any way, and neither were its weapons.
    When GoldenEye 007 was released in 1997, its stealth elements and varied objectives contrasted with the approaches taken by Doom and Quake, and its split-screen deathmatch mode proved popular, selling eight million copies.[2]

Along with Shiny Entertainment's MDK, GoldenEye is credited with popularizing the video game convention of a zoomable sniper rifle, enabling players to kill oblivious enemies from vast distances away with a single, precise headshot; context-sensitive enemy hit-locations were also pioneered by the game.

In 1998, GoldenEye received the BAFTA Interactive Entertainment "Games Award" and Rare won the award for "Best UK Developer".[24][25] It also won four awards from the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences: "Console Action Game of the Year", "Console Game of the Year", "Interactive Title of the Year" and "Outstanding Achievement in Software Engineering". Additionally, it was nominated for "Outstanding Achievement in Art/Graphics" and "Outstanding Achievement in Interactive Design".[24]

In a January 2000 poll, readers of the long-running British video game magazine Computer and Video Games voted GoldenEye 007 into first place in a list of "the hundred greatest video games".[26] In a poll in the next year, the game was ranked 5th.[27] Also in 2001, GameInformer magazine ranked GoldenEye 007 16th in a list of the "Top 100 Games of All Time".[28] In 2005, a "Best Games of All-Time" poll at GameFAQs placed GoldenEye 007 at 7th.[29] In a list made by IGN in 2005, GoldenEye was ranked 29th[30] while the Reader's Choice placed it at 7th.[31]

The game originally received a "nine out of ten" score in Edge, with the magazine later stating that "a ten was considered, but eventually rejected".[32] In the magazine's 10th anniversary issue in 2003, the game was included as one of their top ten shooters, along with a note that it was "the only other game" that should have received the prestigious "ten out of ten" rating.[33]
    Yeah, I think your right

BTW, the golden gun was just a joke
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Originally posted by A790

For it's time it was an incredable game though... Not many other games that came out that gen could compare *-*

Yeah, I think your right

wasnt metal gear solid out before goldeneye.... and had a zooming sniper rifle...?
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Yeah, I think your right

I am right. I hardly see how a "zoomable sniper rifle" is revolutionary. And though the contextual impact points is a definite plus, it was eclipsed by games like Soldier of Fortune.

GoldenEye was a good shooter, I'm not arguing that, but it wasn't revolutionary. It happened to be the only shooter on the N64 worth buying, so of course it sold 8 million copies- that only makes sense.

Consider that games like Quake (which transformed the genre completely with 3D graphics), Half Life (which showed us that FPS's could have a believable and immersive story), Half Life 2 (gravity gun + physics based gameplay FTW), Quake 3/Unreal Tournament (multiplayer FPS to the masses), the original Team Fortress (class based gameplay), and Counterstrike (realistic shooter sim) had a much larger impact on the genre. These days, GoldenEye is nothing more than a good shooter.

Save your eye rolling for someone else please. Since I specifically said that GoldenEye wasn't revolutionary, it's irrelevant how many awards that it won. What counts is the impact that it made on the genre from a technical standpoint, and as has already been pointed out, MDK did the zoom-thingy first.