Quantcast
Driving car over weight...... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Driving car over weight......

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

Well I hope my car makes it up those damn hills. Golden will be a bitch. I guess the road to Penticton shouldnt be too bad. If I went any further I may be in trouble. Thanks for all the tips guys. Im going to put ALL the 4 passengers luggage in my bros car. That way Im still 60+lbs under the weight limit. The sub is just waaay to wired. I dont feel like tearing out all those wires. Plus I love my subs.

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

Make sure you check tire pressure.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by MaYzE
    Well I hope my car makes it up those damn hills. Golden will be a bitch. I guess the road to Penticton shouldnt be too bad. If I went any further I may be in trouble. Thanks for all the tips guys. Im going to put ALL the 4 passengers luggage in my bros car. That way Im still 60+lbs under the weight limit. The sub is just waaay to wired. I dont feel like tearing out all those wires. Plus I love my subs.
    here sthe best advice I can give you ..leave early in the morning to avoid al the traffic..a huge portion of that trip will be done on single lane highways....watch your rearview if you have to stop fast too...
    The last time I went to vernon I was driving home back to Red Deer...right at the three valley gap (huge red roofed hotel with a ghost town next to it) some loser in an old taurus wagon decided to turn into the hotel lot at the last minute causing the person behind him to slam on his brakes which caused I chain reaction..I never follow closely so I had time to hit my brakes then coast onto the shoulder to avoid the van infront of me but there was a busted ass van behind me tailgating me. He slammed on his brakes and slid right along the side of the minivan that was right in front of me...he then took out the whole rear end and quarter of a bmw and was then hit head on by oncoming traffic coming the other way...I watched it all happen literally right next to me as I slowly coasted along the shoulder..I'm not sure if I shoudl have stopped or not but I just decided to keep going...I had to get home and it was just way to much fo a mess for me to stick around. I saw alot of suicide passes and some very close calls on top of the accident that I witnessed so please be careful dude.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

here sthe best advice I can give you ..leave early in the morning to avoid al the traffic..a huge portion of that trip will be done on single lane highways....watch your rearview if you have to stop fast too...
    The last time I went to vernon I was driving home back to Red Deer...right at the three valley gap (huge red roofed hotel with a ghost town next to it) some loser in an old taurus wagon decided to turn into the hotel lot at the last minute causing the person behind him to slam on his brakes which caused I chain reaction..I never follow closely so I had time to hit my brakes then coast onto the shoulder to avoid the van infront of me but there was a busted ass van behind me tailgating me. He slammed on his brakes and slid right along the side of the minivan that was right in front of me...he then took out the whole rear end and quarter of a bmw and was then hit head on by oncoming traffic coming the other way...I watched it all happen literally right next to me as I slowly coasted along the shoulder..I'm not sure if I shoudl have stopped or not but I just decided to keep going...I had to get home and it was just way to much fo a mess for me to stick around. I saw alot of suicide passes and some very close calls on top of the accident that I witnessed so please be careful dude.
    Harsh man,
    Im no crazy ass driver so Im sure I'll be fine. With all the extra weight I wont be making any passes till I hit the passing lanes. Ive been to BC every year, I just havbe only drove once. And it was in a v6 lumina. So I didnt have much trouble then. Ill drive carefully. I know my civic is gutless. So Im not planning on any crazy ass moves. Not with 800lbs of extra weight.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by MaYzE

Harsh man,
    Im no crazy ass driver so Im sure I'll be fine. With all the extra weight I wont be making any passes till I hit the passing lanes. Ive been to BC every year, I just havbe only drove once. And it was in a v6 lumina. So I didnt have much trouble then. Ill drive carefully. I know my civic is gutless. So Im not planning on any crazy ass moves. Not with 800lbs of extra weight.
    its probably best that you have a gutless car..keeps the tickets out of your glovebox....my first trip to BC this year..the one where I got attacked..I was on the straightaway at field B.C and I did I suicide pass passes a semi..well thankgod the mr2 has some balls because the car coming the otherway had no lights on at all and it was dusk so I didn't see him unitl blue and red lights came on and he turned around to chase me...I ended up getting 2 huge tickets but he didnt clock what speed I was going and he didnt have any day time running lights on so I won the case when I fought it.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    BMW E70

Originally posted by Ferio_vti
    Ouch man, I hope your not going to Vancouver. Or anywhere that requires going up the mountains. I drove to Vancouver in my Civic, it was practically empty, aside from one passenger and some overnight luggage. That was hard enough going up the mountains.
    Word. When I took my EL to Vancouver, it was my sister, me, and luggage. I know it was under the 850 mark. I had to drive in 3rd in order to pass uphills :madred:

My Ride
    1995 nissan 240sx

rent a u-haul...

My Ride
    a wrx.

Now is a good time for an engine swap!

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by HRD2PLZ

Word. When I took my EL to Vancouver, it was my sister, me, and luggage. I know it was under the 850 mark. I had to drive in 3rd in order to pass uphills :madred:
    What are you expecting man?!?! Hondas with no low end torque and cruising uphill with extra weight you have to down shift your car!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    V167

just take your damn civic

make sure to put a b16 in it first though
    Last edited by nismodrifter; 08-02-2002 at 02:54 AM.

My Ride
    Nissan 300 zx

Originally posted by rage2
    Wear and tear on suspension, possibility of bottoming out and losing control.
    The worst thing that can proably happen is like what rage2 said, there will be a lot more wear and tension on the the suspension.

My Ride
    2000 Civic SE

Well the trip went fine. I was about 50-100lbs under my OVERWEIGHT mark. I just had no power whatsoever. I finally realized how gutless civics really are. I think it may be a good idea to swap the engine. Would an SiR engine make any difference?? Could I actually GAIN speed uphills with the same weight factor? Or am I better off just buying a 6 cyl car? What would it cost to put an SiR engine in? Labour and the part! like 8-9k?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2